Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lets Talk Pregame Festivities! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24941)

gibbsisgod 09-03-2008 10:12 AM

Lets Talk Pregame Festivities!

What is YOUR game plan for tommorrow? What time do you expect to open that first can of beer?

I took the day off a long time ago. So NO WORK, which is always a good thing. I also managed to take tommorrow off which was gonna be necessary anyway.

I have to mow the lawn in the morning, usually takes baout 5 hours from start to finish. A co-worker is picking me up around 2 and we are going over to his new house for the game. I'm guessing first beer around noonish. Last beer around midnight but I reserve the right to change that. The only bad part is he is a Giants fan. The good part is I don't have to drive!

MTK 09-03-2008 10:25 AM

Re: Lets Talk Pregame Festivities!

Work as usual for me, quick dinner when I get home and I'll probably try to hit the gym to work off some pre-game jitters. I'll probably watch the game by myself at home, a friend of mine (who is a Giants fan) is having a little get together at his house but I'm just not sure if I can stand watching the first game of the year amongst Giants fans. :)

hesscl34 09-03-2008 10:30 AM

I'm going to leave an hour early, and I took off two hours the next morning so I'm not dragging at work... I'm watching at home.. where I can yell, scream and throw things if need be.

Schneed10 09-03-2008 10:33 AM

I can't watch our games with fans of other teams. I don't know how anybody can. It totally ruins the experience, and just about any time I've watched with other fans, I've left pretty much hating their guts and not talking to them for a good couple months.

I don't play nice with fans of other teams.

As for my plans, work as usual, quick dinner, throw on the 26 jersey, and hunker down for some long awaited Redskins action!

BDBohnzie 09-03-2008 10:35 AM

Business as usual for me. Softball after work, and the game on DVR when I get home. Low key affair, since it's a Thursday night and I have to get the baby to the sitter the next morning and off to work. First beer after softball is over (9ish)...

KLHJ2 09-03-2008 10:39 AM

I am sending my family to Red Lobster for dinner and they can follow it up with a movie if they like. Just get the F out of the house for 3-4 hours. Then I am going lock myself in the basement with my 52 inch flatscreen and my Corona. My phones will be unplugged and or turned off. I might have a friend who is a Bears fan over if he is good. If he does one thing to piss me off he is gone!

MTK 09-03-2008 10:41 AM

[quote=Schneed10;470811]I can't watch our games with fans of other teams. I don't know how anybody can. It totally ruins the experience, and just about any time I've watched with other fans, I've left pretty much hating their guts and not talking to them for a good couple months.

As for my plans, work as usual, quick dinner, throw on the 26 jersey, and hunker down for some long awaited Redskins action![/quote]

My Giants fan friend is actually pretty cool to watch games with, even when it's NY vs. the Skins. He's not one to get too crazy or talk shit and as a typical Giants fan he loves to rag on his own team. I do hear what you're saying though as my friend is an exception to the rule.

Schneed10 09-03-2008 10:51 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;470818]My Giants fan friend is actually pretty cool to watch games with, even when it's NY vs. the Skins. He's not one to get too crazy or talk shit and as a typical Giants fan he loves to rag on his own team. I do hear what you're saying though as my friend is an exception to the rule.[/quote]

Yeah, my opinion is probably colored by the fact that I live in Philly. Many of my friends are Eagles fans, and the stereotypes you hear about Philly fans are all true. They can be absolutely insufferable.

firstdown 09-03-2008 10:56 AM

Well yesterday i get an email that I have a meeting on thurs. at 6:30 to discuss our golf outing on the 12th. I'm on the committy and this is our biggest fund raiser of the year and its very important with the event just over a week away. So I send and urgent email out saying this conflicts with the opening of the NFL season and the Skins game and please change the meeting. No luck. So I then offer to have the meeting at my house and I would provide wings and cold beer. Bingo. So now I'll have 7 guys comming over and I know 2 are skins fans and not sure if the others even follow football (gessing not by the time and date of meeting). Thats fine for me because all of my jobs for the outing are complete and all I have to do is grill the wings while watching the game. My garage has a large TV a very cold frig for beer and a grill not far from the TV. Lets go skins!!!!

Soup's Uncle 09-03-2008 11:02 AM

My Boys and I were gonna go Booze and eat, but they are acting kind of lame. I may just grill by myself, drink by myself, and watch it by myself on my 57 inch HDTV. That'd be better than trying to talk over people at a bar. Or I may trek to Fairfax and watch it with my Pops.

dmek25 09-03-2008 11:06 AM

[quote=Schneed10;470824]Yeah, my opinion is probably colored by the fact that I live in Philly. Many of my friends are Eagles fans, and the stereotypes you hear about Philly fans are all true. They can be absolutely insufferable.[/quote]
my brother in law is from manyunk, so i hesr ya. you are right, it is all true.

cooleyforthescore 09-03-2008 12:22 PM

all i'm gonna do is hope that the 53 strappin up are as hyped as anyone that posts here.

EternalEnigma21 09-03-2008 12:40 PM

I'm home with the wife and kids. May invite a friend over... Cook up some bratwurst (costco had 3pkgs for $9) and drink leftover corona from Jimmy Buffet concert...

Open 1st beer @ 4-5. Probably be done drinking by Q4. If we lose, I get lovin' and if we win I get a win. This is the only time in my life I don't look forward to having sex... But it really does make you feel a little better after a loss.

Warpath 09-03-2008 12:55 PM

Work til 3:30 get home, hang out with the kid with the nfl network pregame on in the background. First beer probably around 5ish and then its on. Kid goes to bed after 1st quarter. Skins 21 Giants 17. Hail!

SC Skins Fan 09-03-2008 12:57 PM

[quote=Schneed10;470811]I can't watch our games with fans of other teams. I don't know how anybody can. It totally ruins the experience, and just about any time I've watched with other fans, I've left pretty much hating their guts and not talking to them for a good couple months.

As for my plans, work as usual, quick dinner, throw on the 26 jersey, and hunker down for some long awaited Redskins action![/quote]

Totally agree with you. Watched the first Dallas game with some Cowboys fans last year and swore I would never do that again. Then broke my rule by driving up to Charlotte for the preseason game. Never again!

I actually have a summons to serve on a Federal Grand Jury tomorrow morning. I guess that even if I get selected we should be out by 5pm and luckily I live near the Federal District Court (actually, does anyone have any experience with this process? What should I expect?). Other than that just watching the game at home with my wife. She is a big time Skins fan and often surprises me by making some pretty astute in-game comments/observations. Can't imagine being married to a woman who didn't enjoy watching football, that would be pretty horrible.