Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Redskins day everyone! (game 1 of the new season) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24954)

jsarno 09-03-2008 11:27 PM

Happy Redskins day everyone! (game 1 of the new season)

I wait so patiently (or impatiently depending on your point of view) for game one of the season as I am sure that all of you do. We may not all see eye to eye on all subjects, but we all have one glaring similarity...we have an undying love for our SKins.

So I don't know about you guys, but on Redskins Day eve, I feel like a little kid waiting to get up for Christmas day. Winter is my favorite time of year, and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when my Skins are back on the field. Yeah, I know that sounds a little gay, but I am secure in my manhood.

About 11 years ago, my wife and I called the first day of the season "Happy Redskins Day", and it's stuck for over a decade. Today I say to all of you, Happy Redskins day. May our day be blessed with a win!!!!

jamf 09-03-2008 11:35 PM

Re: Happy Redskins day everyone! (game 1 of the new season)

I'm dieing man....

I need to watch some football.

It's almost like Xmas eve.

jsarno 09-03-2008 11:38 PM

[quote=jamf;471067]I'm dieing man....

I need to watch some football.

It's almost like Xmas eve.[/quote]

Bingo!

I hear ya man! I made sure to schedule myself off after 2 tomorrow, and I am off on Friday too, just in case the festivities get a little excessive. hehe

Jamaican'Skin 09-03-2008 11:43 PM

When I fall asleep, I hope Chief Zee and the Hogettes bring me a win

Redskins247 09-03-2008 11:52 PM

My thoughts exactly Jsarno....' It's the most wonderful time....of the year!!!! '

firstdown 09-04-2008 12:02 AM

It here!!!! Lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!

djnemo65 09-04-2008 12:04 AM

Right now my feeling is elation but tomorrow the pit in my stomach is going to show up and I'm not going to be able to do much until I am actually watching the game. So while this is a great time of the year, it can also be awful in the sense that I take it too seriously. You spend a whole off-season dreaming, fantasizing, and then all of a sudden the game is on and you are watching it and there is no more future, no more maybe this is the year. Just the cold hard-reality of the field. It's like playing in a sports game for me, which was never fun until it was over and we won. No joy in simply competing, not even in fusball. Not even in checkers. There is only winning. I was thinking about what I will do if they lose and it will definitely be a crappy weekend.

So why do I watch? Because if we win it will have all been worth it.

53Fan 09-04-2008 12:05 AM

What a great idea jsarno.Happy Redskins Day everyone!!! When I was a kid I used to get so excited about Christmas I would get sick. I'm 52 now and I get the same way about the Skins. My girlfriend ( who is a HUGE Skins fan now ) makes fun of me because of what I become on game day. It's hard to explain....but I love my REDSKINS! Heres to a happy, healthy, and successful year. To the Skins, and to you guys. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

Ruhskins 09-04-2008 12:17 AM

Happy Redskins Day everyone! (I like the phrase!!) I'm very excited for the beginning of football. I've been surviving on preseason games, NFL Network repeats, this website, and anything posted on Redskins Insider or Redskins.com. I look forward to a good season, I hope the Redskins have a good year and may the football gods smile upon us.

hooskins 09-04-2008 12:24 AM

I am so excited as well. No matter what kinda shit I'm going through nothing gets me cheered up more than the Skins. Not too many people understand, but you all definitely do.

firstdown 09-04-2008 12:42 AM

[quote=djnemo65;471075]Right now my feeling is elation but tomorrow the pit in my stomach is going to show up and I'm not going to be able to do much until I am actually watching the game. So while this is a great time of the year, it can also be awful in the sense that I take it too seriously. You spend a whole off-season dreaming, fantasizing, and then all of a sudden the game is on and you are watching it and there is no more future, no more maybe this is the year. Just the cold hard-reality of the field. It's like playing in a sports game for me, which was never fun until it was over and we won. No joy in simply competing, not even in fusball. Not even in checkers. There is only winning. I was thinking about what I will do if they lose and it will definitely be a crappy weekend.

So why do I watch? Because if we win it will have all been worth it.[/quote]
I'm like you and hate loosing even at the small stupid stuff. A Redskins loss would stick with me for days, Now I just say Oh well and go on with life even though it bothers me there is just much more important things in life.

JWsleep 09-04-2008 01:32 AM

Ah, it's Redskins day at last (just turned Thursday here in Houston).

From the moment the last whistle blew against Seattle I have been waiting for this day. Nothing sports-wise comes even close to Redskins football. And, sure, I tell myself not to get too down if we lose, but it doesn't work. If we win, I'm elated for the week. Lose, and its dark depression. This is the nature (for me) of following this team.

Man, just to see the Burgundy and Gold out there on the field! Nothing gets me that pumped up. And when we score our first TD I am going to yell to the rafters. CRUSH THE FRIKIN GIANTS!!!!!!!! GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Dang, how am I going to get through work today???)

Swarley 09-04-2008 01:32 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that is all can say right now

oh and how in the hell am I supposed to get some sleep?

DCborn 09-04-2008 01:36 AM

[quote=firstdown;471094]I'm like you and hate loosing even at the small stupid stuff. A Redskins loss would stick with me for days, Now I just say Oh well and go on with life even though it bothers me there is just much more important things in life.[/quote]

LOL...Yep , feelings only true fans can relate to :)

coggs 09-04-2008 06:40 AM

I was going to say, "Happy Man Day", but I guess that is more appropriate for Sunday.