Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Visual Proof of CNN's Liberal Bias? (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/24968-visual-proof-of-cnns-liberal-bias.html)

BleedBurgundy 09-04-2008 10:09 AM

Visual Proof of CNN's Liberal Bias?

First off.... I couldn't care less about a perceived bias in the media. But when I browsed to CNN.com this morning, this kind of caught my eye. On the right is a screen capture from about 9:45 this morning. At 9:53, CNN had changed the image. Anyway, just thought this was funny!

[IMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-8/1275969/palin.jpg[/IMG]

dmek25 09-04-2008 10:16 AM

Re: Visual Proof of CNN's Liberal Bias?

i speechless.

GhettoDogAllStars 09-04-2008 10:25 AM

That wall in the photo (or whatever it is) also looks like a large S -- as in SS

BleedBurgundy 09-04-2008 10:33 AM

or a lightning bolt, which was their insignia.

SmootSmack 09-04-2008 10:46 AM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;471176]That wall in the photo (or whatever it is) also looks like a large S -- as in SS[/quote]

As in SmootSmack? How did I get involved with this?

Miller101 09-04-2008 10:53 AM

That is freakin hilarious! And CNN put that up? Or was it some blogger or something? Either way its hilarious!

BleedBurgundy 09-04-2008 10:55 AM

that is a direct screen capture off of CNN this morning that i took myself. It was down about 5-10 minutes after that. I've worked in Media before, there is NO way that was an accident.

Miller101 09-04-2008 11:00 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;471197]that is a direct screen capture off of CNN this morning that i took myself. It was down about 5-10 minutes after that. I've worked in Media before, there is NO way that was an accident.[/quote]

Dang! Somebody is fired! That Idiot should have put that up on another web site. Someplace where it wouldn't be taken down. But it still made me laugh though!

dmek25 09-04-2008 11:07 AM

i could understand it, if Bush was in the picture on the right:)

EternalEnigma21 09-04-2008 11:16 AM

I thought it was pretty much understood that cnn was liberally biased, as fox news is conservatively biased...

BleedBurgundy 09-04-2008 11:38 AM

I'm not arguing one way or another. I just thought it was funny to see how openly biased they are. (I agree about Fox, it's almost laughable when you watch their version of "Fair and Balanced") it's one thing to present a Democratic slant, another to select a photo of an acceptance speech that clearly looks like the VP nominee is giving the ol' sig heil.

firstdown 09-04-2008 11:45 AM

MSNBC had two reporters that said something so bias that it even shocked me they said it on the air. I whish I could rember what they said.

Daseal 09-04-2008 12:05 PM

Just to be clear, the picture of Hitler was edited in by the OP, correct? Because honestly, I don't see any big deal with the picture. She's gesturing, not much more than that.

On a side note, every speech Ive seen at a convention (went to bed before Pelin last night, but saw some of Rudy's stumble fest.) every speaker I start imagining Dwight Schrute doing his speech to the paper folks. BLOOD ALONE MOVES THE WHEELS OF HISTORY ::bang bang bang:: ::Shake fist:: (This isn't a Republican vs Democrat thing. I vote for whoever slams the podium the most and waves their fists.

BleedBurgundy 09-04-2008 12:36 PM

[quote=Daseal;471230]Just to be clear, the picture of Hitler was edited in by the OP, correct? Because honestly, I don't see any big deal with the picture. She's gesturing, not much more than that.

On a side note, every speech Ive seen at a convention (went to bed before Pelin last night, but saw some of Rudy's stumble fest.) every speaker I start imagining Dwight Schrute doing his speech to the paper folks. BLOOD ALONE MOVES THE WHEELS OF HISTORY ::bang bang bang:: ::Shake fist:: (This isn't a Republican vs Democrat thing. I vote for whoever slams the podium the most and waves their fists.[/quote]

No, I added the Hitler pic just in case people didn't know what I was talking about. Everyone in my office that i have shown just the Palin pic reacted immediately, so I thought I wasn't the only one. I think juxtaposing the two poses plants a suggestion in the unconscious of readers. I know when I was putting together newscasts and various graphics, I was always trying to slip things like that past my supervisors.

saden1 09-04-2008 01:11 PM

[quote=firstdown;471227]MSNBC had two reporters that said something so bias that it even shocked me they said it on the air. I whish I could rember what they said.[/quote]

You mean the conversations between the two Republican pundits they had on?

[YT]Dq4sOM4tpno[/YT]