Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is MSNBC right to demote Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25064)

MTK 09-08-2008 02:35 PM

Is MSNBC right to demote Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews?

What do you guys think?

[url=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/09/apparently-resp.html]Is MSNBC right to demote Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews? | The Dish Rag | Los Angeles Times[/url]

saden1 09-08-2008 02:39 PM

Re: Is MSNBC right to demote Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews?

I don't know about Matthews but Olbermann for sure. He's way too political and partisan to be objective. Plus, they didn't help their case by beefing on the air.

FRPLG 09-08-2008 02:41 PM

I haven't watched either in a long time but if what I have heard about the way Olberman has been acting on TV then yes to him. As for Mathews, he always seemd mostly harmless. If the issue is that there has been a noticeable shift in journalistic bias then yes also. In the end I don't thnik enough peopkle people watch MSNBC for it to really matter.

SmootSmack 09-08-2008 02:47 PM

I like Chris Matthews, and would prefer that he be on air as often as possible for MSNBC's coverage. As for Olbermann, good riddance. The sooner he gets off the air the better. He's the Offiss of TV News. Just a one-note sour puss. The sooner Olbermann, Dobbs, Cafferty, and O'Reilly are off the airwaves the better.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 09-08-2008 02:54 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;473933]I like Chris Matthews, and would prefer that he be on air as often as possible for MSNBC's coverage. As for Olbermann, good riddance. The sooner he gets off the air the better. He's the Offiss of TV News. Just a one-note sour puss. The sooner Olbermann, Dobbs, Cafferty, and O'Reilly are off the airwaves the better.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.

MTK 09-08-2008 03:23 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;473933]I like Chris Matthews, and would prefer that he be on air as often as possible for MSNBC's coverage. As for Olbermann, good riddance. The sooner he gets off the air the better. He's the Offiss of TV News. Just a one-note sour puss. The sooner Olbermann, Dobbs, Cafferty, and O'Reilly are off the airwaves the better.[/quote]

I've always liked Matthews even though he seems to be yelling all the time.

Never cared for Olbermann doing the news or sports. He's a douche.

70Chip 09-08-2008 03:37 PM

I first suspected something was up with Olbermann back in the 1990's when he would roll his eyes while doing NASCAR highlights - as though stock car racing was somehow beneath his dignity. What an a-hole.

Clearly MSNBC has done the right thing. The worst moment of Keith's summer "reign of terror"? I think it was him trying to break in and talk over Giuliani's convention speech "station identification" style at a critical moment and then apparently having his own mike shut off by the network in mid-sentence. You could sort of see the writing on the wall there with that one.

firstdown 09-08-2008 04:46 PM

I don't have a problem if a news person leans to the left but let it be known up front and don't hide you bias as so called neutral reporter. Take Bill O'Reilly its known up front his politics and he does not hide them from the viewers which is my concern with the other big News Outlets.

MTK 09-08-2008 04:48 PM

Enough with O'Reilly and his no-spin garbage though. I mean c'mon who is he really fooling?

FRPLG 09-08-2008 04:52 PM

I actually think O'Reilly is less right then many reporters are left but it is his style that gets him so reviled. He is a blowhard by any account politics aside and that his biggest issue. I really dislike his absolutism attitudes.

wolfeskins 09-08-2008 04:59 PM

i actually like o'reilly. he's a straight shooter, he will call anyone out at anytime. i've seen him bash reps just as much as dems. the reason some people dislike him or consider him an extreme rightwinger is because he's really the only reporter to call out and bash dems. everyone on other networks have no trouble at all calling out and bashing reps but none of them do it to the dems.

DynamiteRave 09-09-2008 12:44 AM

Aren't you leaving out Hannity in that as well?

SmootSmack 09-09-2008 12:51 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;474209]Aren't you leaving out Hannity in that as well?[/quote]

I don't mind Hannity. Neil Cavuto on the other hand. And don't get me started on Ann Coulter

DynamiteRave 09-09-2008 01:04 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;474212]I don't mind Hannity. Neil Cavuto on the other hand. And don't get me started on Ann Coulter[/quote]

I hate to ask.. But does anyone really like her? And I don't mean, "Eh. Sometimes she makes good points," but really and totally respects the majority of her views?

Monkeydad 09-09-2008 11:28 AM

Absolutely, they're both idiots and both costing viewers to the network.

dmek25 09-09-2008 11:51 AM

this was one of Fox's biggest stories this morning. what a joke that was. everyone piling on those 2 for being too biased

firstdown 09-09-2008 12:43 PM

[quote=wolfeskins;474047]i actually like o'reilly. he's a straight shooter, he will call anyone out at anytime. i've seen him bash reps just as much as dems. the reason some people dislike him or consider him an extreme rightwinger is because he's really the only reporter to call out and bash dems. everyone on other networks have no trouble at all calling out and bashing reps but none of them do it to the dems.[/quote]
Hey us guys in chesapeake see things the same.

DynamiteRave 09-09-2008 01:34 PM

[quote=dmek25;474295]this was one of Fox's biggest stories this morning. what a joke that was. everyone piling on those 2 for being too biased[/quote]

But Fox is fair and balanced!!!!

:smashfrea

dmek25 09-09-2008 01:59 PM

and rave, i agree about Hannity.

wolfeskins 09-09-2008 07:46 PM

[quote=firstdown;474310]Hey us guys in chesapeake see things the same.[/quote]

must be this fine chesapeake tap water.:)

Monkeydad 09-10-2008 01:30 PM

[quote=dmek25;474332]and rave, i agree about Hannity.[/quote]

Ahem...have your heard his co-host Alan Colmes? Everyone gets to suffer through half of the show one way or the other. It's pretty fair. :D

dmek25 09-10-2008 02:04 PM

the one thing that turns me off about Hannity is, if he doesn't think his point is being heard, he resorts to yelling. that, and Hal Turner. Hannity is nothing but a bigot
as for the show, its the one show on fox i don't mind watching. at least until Hannity starts off in a tirade. which is usually every show

The Goat 09-17-2008 12:01 AM

Weird I never heard about this till just now cause I watch Keith Olbermann almost every day. Always thought of him as a post-modern Ed Murrow - one of the few, and I mean count em on one hand, commentators who doesn't give two shits about the corporate mentality and conservative bias behind mainstream media.

70Chip 09-17-2008 12:44 PM

[quote=The Goat;477681]Weird I never heard about this till just now cause I watch Keith Olbermann almost every day. Always thought of him as a post-modern Ed Murrow - one of the few, and I mean count em on one hand, commentators who doesn't give two shits about the corporate mentality and conservative bias behind mainstream media.[/quote]

He seems to think of himself as Ed Murrow also. Of course Murrow was not afraid to engage his opponents on television. Olbermann only invites people who agree with his viewpoint to be on his show. The goal seems to be to find out who can say "You're right Keith" the most in one television segment. Of course Howard Fineman is at a huge advantage because he's been saying "You're right Chris" for ten years now and phonetically it's an easy transition.

firstdown 09-17-2008 01:10 PM

[quote=The Goat;477681]Weird I never heard about this till just now cause I watch Keith Olbermann almost every day. Always thought of him as a post-modern Ed Murrow - one of the few, and I mean count em on one hand, commentators who doesn't give two shits about the corporate mentality and conservative bias behind mainstream media.[/quote]
Conservative bias behind mainstream media?

Slingin Sammy 33 09-17-2008 04:27 PM

[quote=firstdown;477792]Conservative bias behind mainstream media?[/quote]
That's a new one on me too. Maybe we're getting different feeds than Goat down here in Hampton Roads :laughing-

70Chip 09-18-2008 01:00 PM

More proof that people love Lesbians:

[url=http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/09/18/morning-joes-subliminal-message-shovel-your-ratings-keith]Shovel Your Ratings, Keith | NewsBusters.org[/url]

saden1 09-18-2008 01:36 PM

[quote=70Chip;478076]More proof that people love Lesbians:

[URL="http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/09/18/morning-joes-subliminal-message-shovel-your-ratings-keith"]Shovel Your Ratings, Keith | NewsBusters.org[/URL][/quote]

Maybe they love Rhodes Scholars?

Daseal 09-18-2008 01:53 PM

My problem with Hannity/O'Reilly, etc is that when someone calls in with a different view point, they start interrupting and don't let someone finish their point. I've heard many a valid call dropped because someone is an 'idiot.' Im sure this happens on both sides, but as far as I know there aren't a ton of democratic talk radio shows.

O'Reilly calls himself an independent, which simply isn't true. Sometimes he makes my blood boil, sometimes he makes excellent points. I remember he was on the radio at work and he said 4ish years ago that we needed to take R&D away from gas manufacturers and put it in the hands of somewhere like MIT. Give them money and they'll come up with an alternative to gasoline.

Olbermann never bothered me when I watched countdown. Thats a good format for him, regular news. Definitely not.

dmek25 09-18-2008 07:17 PM

[quote=saden1;478098]Maybe they love Rhodes Scholars?[/quote]
as proof from the last 2 elections, most Americans DO NOT:(