Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mark Rypien (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25136)

Redskins247 09-10-2008 09:11 PM

Mark Rypien

I thought I would share this. One of my best friends was on an Alaskan Cruise a week ago and ran into Mark Rypien on it. My friend was at the piano bar, and he's actually a really good harmonica player, but also a die-hard dallas fan, and he went up and played along with the piano guys for a few songs. Mark came up to him and told him how much he enjoyed his playing and offered to buy him a beer. My friend told him after they introduced themselves that he may not want to since he was a dallas fan, jokingly bought he did anyway. He saw him a few more times over the week and drank some beers with him. My friend told me what a nice guy he was and he also got his autograph and gave it to me as a surprise.

Always good to hear when these guys turn out to be genuine and nice.

53Fan 09-10-2008 09:22 PM

Re: Mark Rypien

[quote=Redskins247;474871]I thought I would share this. One of my best friends was on an Alaskan Cruise a week ago and ran into Mark Rypien on it. My friend was at the piano bar, and he's actually a really good harmonica player, but also a die-hard dallas fan, and he went up and played along with the piano guys for a few songs. Mark came up to him and told him how much he enjoyed his playing and offered to buy him a beer. My friend told him after they introduced themselves that he may not want to since he was a dallas fan, jokingly bought he did anyway. He saw him a few more times over the week and drank some beers with him. My friend told me what a nice guy he was and he also got his autograph and gave it to me as a surprise.

Always good to hear when these guys turn out to be genuine and nice.[/quote]

Is this story true?........ You're friends with a diehard COWBOYS FAN!!!!!? Just kidding. Nice story.

Redskins247 09-10-2008 10:14 PM

[quote=53Fan;474874]Is this story true?........ You're friends with a diehard COWBOYS FAN!!!!!? Just kidding. Nice story.[/quote]

I know....idiot.

rypper11 09-10-2008 10:46 PM

I am jealous.

SkinDogg 09-10-2008 10:55 PM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

skinsfan_nn 09-10-2008 10:58 PM

Thats pretty cool redskin247......sorry about your so called friend, being a cowgirl fan, I am deeply saddened/lol. You should be much more careful when choosing.....DALLAS SUCKS!

jamf 09-10-2008 11:09 PM

I've met mark a few times as a kid and he was always a class act.

jsarno 09-10-2008 11:42 PM

He (Mark) probably liked the fact he was a Dallas fan...we Redskins fans would have found ways to "run into him" over the cruise. haha.
I'd be like, "so...Mark...is it??? What do you do for a living? You did say your name was mark right???? Really, you played football??? Was that in Canada? I had no idea, I'm more of a tennis fan." HAHAHAHA.

GMScud 09-10-2008 11:44 PM

Yeah I met him and Charles Mann at Children's Hospital one time back in the day when they did the weekly TV show there- Sonny Jergensen hosted. Anyway, Rypien was very nice, signed autographs, very cool from what I remember. I was only like 12 or 13 years old at the time.

Ruhskins 09-10-2008 11:53 PM

I saw Mark Rypien way back when I was in middle school and he came to visit our school. He was really cool. A few days ago I downloaded a NES emulator and have been playing Tecmo Super Bowl, the 1991 season with the Redskins, with Mark Rypien at QB.

MTK 09-11-2008 09:13 AM

I've always heard that Ryp is a very down to earth guy. Cool story.

celts32 09-11-2008 10:07 AM

I went to camp in Carlisle every year that Mark was on the team. He was always one of the nicest most humble players on the team. He always had time for every fan that was there.