Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Police: Search for Young because of suicide talk (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25188)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 09-13-2008 04:46 AM

Re: Police: Search for Young because of suicide talk

[quote=JGisLordOfTheRings;475450]If I was VY, I would wanna die too! lol

i keed i keed[/quote]

Not funny in the least bit.

JGisLordOfTheRings 09-13-2008 11:19 AM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;475484]Not funny in the least bit.[/quote]

Ok, bad taste.

Apologies.

GMScud 09-13-2008 12:30 PM

I know media outlets are "obligated" to report news, but this is a situation where I wish they would just sacrifice a good story and back off. Obviously the kid is under a massive amount of pressure and mentally unstable. Do you really need to broadcast what he told his therapist? Here's a suicidal young man dealing with a mountain of pressure, why not have a little compassion and respect for his privacy? I know it's damn near utopian to expect the media to have any concept of privacy, but I wonder if anyone considered that broadcasting all this may make the situation worse. Probably not.

I wish VY all the best. My freshman year of college one of my closest childhood friends hung himself, and it was because he was under an immense amount of pressure. Generations of the men in his family went to the Naval Academy. He didn't want to go, but was pressured to apply. He didn't get in, and, well...

Sorry about my rant. Sometimes the media REALLY pisses me off. Get well Vince.

johnerotten 09-13-2008 12:41 PM

is'nt what vince young said to the shrink supposed to be confidential?that doctor's ass is gonna be in hot water if it is found that he/she leaked that story.

DynamiteRave 09-13-2008 09:06 PM

[quote=johnerotten;475515]is'nt what vince young said to the shrink supposed to be confidential?that doctor's ass is gonna be in hot water if it is found that he/she leaked that story.[/quote]

Therapists are allowed to tell family and in this case the coach (Since VY is in very close contact with him) if the subject proves to be a danger to himself or others.

In this case, Young is a threat to himself and thus statements have to be released.

Now how the media got involved is a completely different story...

hooskins 09-14-2008 04:41 AM

i hope hes ok, sucks

Dirtbag59 09-15-2008 02:51 AM

I hope Vince pulls through this. I personally have been critical of his play in the past but from what I've seen he's a nice guy. Good to hear he's safe for now.

[quote=johnerotten;475515]is'nt what vince young said to the shrink supposed to be confidential?that doctor's ass is gonna be in hot water if it is found that he/she leaked that story.[/quote]

If you're a threat to yourself or you admit to a crime on par with rape or murder then your shrink is obligated to report you.

doughtydoubter 09-15-2008 09:09 AM

You know..Pressure in this world is crazy. We all ilk through it and it affects us differently. Some of us have been desensitized. I for one admire VY..i think just to get to such an elite level is something sepcial/ This is a cry for help...maybe a cry for all of us to come back to reality and be positive and not so negative for our players. Maybe its because we watch it on the tube all the time that it seperates us from the realness that these people are. But i hope that out of this story vinces suffering makes people realize we are all HUMAN..we all feel...so think on that the next time you try to bring someone down or you boo somebody or breed any type of hate. You never know..it might be that last thing yo said to someone that pushes them over the edge..and if you give some sort of positive reinforcement, it migt be that one thing you did or said that saves them...just food for thought

MTK 09-15-2008 09:15 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;476857]I hope Vince pulls through this. I personally have been critical of his play in the past but from what I've seen he's a nice guy. Good to hear he's safe for now.

[B]If you're a threat to yourself or you admit to a crime on par with rape or murder then your shrink is obligated to report you[/B].[/quote]

Just to add a person in that situation that doesn't report that to the proper authorities risks losing their professional license.