Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brock Lesnar (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=2527)

SmootSmack 08-30-2004 01:09 PM

Brock Lesnar

So is this a sign that WWE star Lesnar has indeed made an NFL roster?

[url]http://vikingmerchandise.com/vikings/customer/product.php?productid=559&cat=9&page=2[/url]

or is it just a shrewd marketing move?

Redskins_P 08-30-2004 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]So is this a sign that WWE star Lesnar has indeed made an NFL roster?

[url]http://vikingmerchandise.com/vikings/customer/product.php?productid=559&cat=9&page=2[/url]

or is it just a shrewd marketing move?[/QUOTE]

I'll go with B.

EEich 08-30-2004 01:14 PM

Shrewd? How many more people are going to watch the Vikings because they have a wrassler sitting on the bench? It would be a meathead move by Tice if he kept Lesnar for any reason other than his ability to stop the run.

FRPLG 08-30-2004 01:15 PM

Supposedly word is that he will not make the roster and is not likely to grab a practice squad spot. The dirt on him has been that he obviously has exceptional athletic skills and good size and speed but he is struggling on the finer points like technique(as should be expected). Apparently he made tons of progress early on but is now sorta stuck making the same mistakes repeatedly. He definitly WILL NOT make the roster.

MTK 08-30-2004 01:20 PM

I thought I heard he was already cut.

I doubt he'll even make a practice squad, but we'll see.

SmootSmack 08-30-2004 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=EEich]Shrewd? How many more people are going to watch the Vikings because they have a wrassler sitting on the bench? It would be a meathead move by Tice if he kept Lesnar for any reason other than his ability to stop the run.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should clarify. I didn't mean shrewd to keep Lesnar on the roster. I meant shrewd to sell his jersey now while he's still technically on the team and make some money. He may not necessarily appeal to Vikings fans but he must to the thousands of WWE fans out there right? I don't really know seeing as to how I don't follow the WWE

EEich 08-30-2004 01:30 PM

I don't understand what would motivate someone to be a WWE fan... so I'm unqualified to comment about what would motivate a WWE fan to buy a football jersey with the name of a benchwarming "star" on the back.

[QUOTE=smootsmack]I guess I should clarify. I didn't mean shrewd to keep Lesnar on the roster. I meant shrewd to sell his jersey now while he's still technically on the team and make some money. He may not necessarily appeal to Vikings fans but he must to the thousands of WWE fans out there right? I don't really know seeing as to how I don't follow the WWE[/QUOTE]

Redskins_P 08-30-2004 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=EEich]I don't understand what would motivate someone to be a WWE fan... so I'm unqualified to comment about what would motivate a WWE fan to buy a football jersey with the name of a benchwarming "star" on the back.[/QUOTE]

There are some ignorant people out there man........

rickmmrr 08-30-2004 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=EEich]I don't understand what would motivate someone to be a WWE fan... so I'm unqualified to comment about what would motivate a WWE fan to buy a football jersey with the name of a benchwarming "star" on the back.[/QUOTE]

My daughters a big WWE fan and let me tell you if they like Lesnar they will by it.

FRPLG 08-30-2004 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]There are some ignorant people out there man........[/QUOTE]

Ignorant?

sportscurmudgeon 08-30-2004 03:13 PM

EEich:

Why would anyone want to wear a jersey with a benchwarmer's name on it?

I know it is impolite to answer a question with a question, so please forgive me this one time:

Why do we have an Ade Jimoh Fan Club? ;)

FRPLG 08-30-2004 03:23 PM

Let's be honest here. There is a difference between a true bench-warmer and bench-warmer that has a level of celebrity that of Brock Lesnar's. There is a siginificant wrestling following here and in Canada (close to Minnesota) and I imagine they'll sell a boatload of these.

You think they'll have a Deion jersey when he makes his comeback? I bet they will and then we'll need to ask why they have a jersey for a slow-ass, no-tackle, show-boat nickleback who probably will get torched.

SmootSmack 08-30-2004 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]EEich:

I know it is impolite to answer a question with a question, so please forgive me this one time:

Why do we have an Ade Jimoh Fan Club? ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess the difference would be no one forked over any money to start the fan club...now if they bought a Jimoh jersey that would be another story altogether. Something tells me we won't be seeing any Jimoh jerseys any time soon though

SkinsRock 08-30-2004 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=sportscurmudgeon]EEich:

[/QUOTE]

Did they sell Michael Jordan baseball jerseys? I bet they did, and people bought them. People who are big fans of this guy in the WWE will buy them, if only for memorabilia.

Gmanc711 08-30-2004 04:39 PM

Lesnar got released today, so theres your awnser.