Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Horton Wins NFC Defensive Player of the Week (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/25275-horton-wins-nfc-defensive-player-week.html)

DirtyLandry 09-20-2008 12:08 PM

Re: Horton Wins NFC Defensive Player of the Week

This has nothing to do with one good game for a rookie! I was calling for his ass last year, wich is why I said watch the film. RD found himself as a starter by DEFAULT, I think we all know why. Horton is a rookie and he will make rookie mistakes. If you all look back at my origional post you'd see that I said Horton should see more time on the field and that there are no starters on our defense. He is a playmaker, Doughty, is not. Being that such natural playmakers are rare, you need to find a way to get them on the field no matter what. Blache, (not Blanche, 53) said in an interview that there are packages where you will see Doughty AND Horton on the field at the same time. There are obvious, however few weak links on our team. Doughty, Rabach and some teams players. Don't kid yourself guys. Oh, and this whole thing of "an NFL coach can do no wrong" is BULL! There have been plenty of NFL coaches that have made horrible personel decisions. There are so many coaches in the league that would never admit any wrong doing.. Having said that I don't think/ hope not Blache is one of those coaches.

53Fan 09-20-2008 01:19 PM

Whatever. You sound a little stressed. Yeah, they're going to play both. So what's your point? They played with what they had last year and they're playing with what they have this year whether you're calling for his ass or not. And if you want to get picky, it's which, not wich. Chill out man we're 1-1. BLACHE IS getting him on the field, so I really don't know what your gripe is.

DirtyLandry 09-20-2008 02:35 PM

It's all good. The only point I was trying to make is that people need to be held accountable.. I loved the fact that Zorn had the balls to bench Jon Jansen- he wasn't doing his job. It's great that we have a proactive head coach now. I don't support the president just because he is the president of the united states. Much like I don't show love for a certain player just because he puts on a redskins jersey. We will agree to disagree and put this one to bed.

53Fan 09-20-2008 02:38 PM

Sounds good brother.

Ruhskins 09-21-2008 01:11 AM

[quote=DirtyLandry;478539]It's all good. The only point I was trying to make is that people need to be held accountable.. I loved the fact that Zorn had the balls to bench Jon Jansen- he wasn't doing his job. It's great that we have a proactive head coach now. I don't support the president just because he is the president of the united states. Much like I don't show love for a certain player just because he puts on a redskins jersey. We will agree to disagree and put this one to bed.[/quote]

Well like I said before let's see if Doughty blows out his knee or let's see if can singlehandedly lose the team a game (b/c he can do that apparently) to make you people happy.

dmvskinzfan08 09-22-2008 12:45 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;478590]Well like I said before let's see if Doughty blows out his knee or let's see if can singlehandedly lose the team a game (b/c he can do that apparently) to make you people happy.[/quote]

He didn't look that good today...

Ruhskins 09-22-2008 09:01 AM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;479495]He didn't look that good today...[/quote]

I think Doughty will be overtaken by Horton, my whole barrage of threads were just about that it should not happen after just one game. Doughty had a big mistake (getting burned by Fitz) that overshadowed the rest of his play (8 tkls, .5 forced fumble). I did see Horton in several plays during the game, which I think its great since it will allow him to learn the defense even more.