Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Merril Hoge Kicks a Dog While Its Down (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25425)

DynamiteRave 09-23-2008 01:23 PM

Merril Hoge Kicks a Dog While Its Down

Looks like the guy didn't have too many nice things to say about Vince Young's current struggles.

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Merril-Hoge-puts-the-boots-to-Vince-Young-while-?urn=nfl,109576&cp=2#comments]Merril Hoge puts the boots to Vince Young while he's down - Shutdown Corner... - NFL - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

DiehardSkin88 09-23-2008 01:26 PM

Re: Merril Hoge Kicks a Dog While Its Down

dude misleading title man, from reading the title i thought he actually kicked a dog while it was wounded or something

DynamiteRave 09-23-2008 01:27 PM

[quote=DiehardSkin88;480255]dude misleading title man, from reading the title i thought he actually kicked a dog while it was wounded or something[/quote]

lol well its a phrase. I didn't think anyone would take it literally!

mredskins 09-23-2008 01:31 PM

I didn't! Does DieHard think we have a farm full of dead horses that we beat each day also?

DynamiteRave 09-23-2008 01:32 PM

[quote=mredskins;480258]I didn't! Does DieHard think we have a farm full of dead horses that we beat each day also?[/quote]

We do.

:bdh:

DiehardSkin88 09-23-2008 01:35 PM

yea you cunt. first of all i have no idea who merrile hoge is and coming from and nfl qb in vick just killing an ass load of dogs i dont think it was to random to think that

DynamiteRave 09-23-2008 01:36 PM

Geez this thread is already on its way to being locked. :doh:

Talk about the matter at hand, gentlemen!

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 09-23-2008 01:43 PM

[quote=DiehardSkin88;480260]yea you cunt. first of all i have no idea who merrile hoge is and coming from and nfl qb in vick just killing an ass load of dogs i dont think it was to random to think that[/quote]

That kind of post is going to get you banned. I strongly suggest that you immediately apologize to DynamiteRave.

SmootSmack 09-23-2008 01:46 PM

[quote=DiehardSkin88;480260]yea you cunt. first of all i have no idea who merrile hoge is and coming from and nfl qb in vick just killing an ass load of dogs i dont think it was to random to think that[/quote]

That was pretty uncalled for. Extremely uncalled for in fact. There was no need for the name-calling. Surprised you've never heard of Merrill Hoge nor the expression "kicking a dog while it's down" but your reaction is way out of line.

Hog1 09-23-2008 01:46 PM

Prepare to be jettisoned!

Dirtbag59 09-23-2008 01:50 PM

This is ridiculous. Hopefully Hodge ends up hanging out with Salsbury sometime soon. Making fun of someone with the psychological problems plauging Vince Young is about as classy as mocking a mentally challenged kid to his face. Alright well maybe that examples worse, but still it's not fair of Hodge to pile on someone who's possibly suicidal. Hodge should at least understand the concept of empathy as virtually everyone was wishing him well when he was unfortunately going through cancer. This makes me sick.

SmootSmack 09-23-2008 01:55 PM

It's a lot of stuff that has been said before about VY. Even Fisher has said Young wasn't ready to be an NFL QB when he was drafted but that McNair's trade demand forced their hand. Still, Hoge could have used better judgement in light of what Young is going through and just refrained from commenting or been a bit more sympathetic. I'm kind of surprised by it in fact. Not the Hoge I know.

mredskins 09-23-2008 01:59 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;480259]We do.

:bdh:[/quote]

I meant to say I did. Sorry.

mredskins 09-23-2008 02:01 PM

Wow really nice. D-Bag!

You just called one of the nicest people on this site a c--t. Damn that is low so low that you need to stand on a nickle to piss on a dime.

I love that saying!

MTK 09-23-2008 02:17 PM

Is it a full moon or something? Seems like I've been booting people left and right lately.

Dirtbag59 09-23-2008 02:22 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;480280]Is it a full moon or something? Seems like I've been booting people left and right lately.[/quote]

Must.....have....blood

MTK 09-23-2008 02:25 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;480284]Must.....have....blood[/quote]

lol love that signature

Hog1 09-23-2008 02:26 PM

it did seem a touch over the top for a relatively non-combative thread.
To wit,
Merril's comments, although certainly not in my book of Hoyle, and what I consider in bad taste as well as unnecessary, seems to be correct.

BDBohnzie 09-23-2008 02:27 PM

Craziness. Just think if the Skins were 0-3, what would be coming out of the woodwork...

As far as Merril Hoge goes, not sure what his beef with VY is, but he's got to let it go. The writing has been on the wall since VY was at Texas, and his true colors are now showing. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, much less someone who's an NFL Analyst. If he's so pressed about VY, this stuff should have come out months or years ago, not after he's taken a nose dive. Talk about trying to take advantage...I mean, all Merril Hoge is known for is Tecmo Super Bowl and having a soft head.

ArtMonkDrillz 09-23-2008 02:46 PM

So this week we've had Merril Hoge mocking the fact that that Vince Young might have a very serious mental problem; Rodney Harrison calling out Ricky Williams for being a "dirty player;" Laura Linney the actress basically calling Obama the next John Adams during her Emmy acceptance speech during the 2 minutes that I had that crappy show on (was I the only one who caught her "community organizer" line?); the Post and the Skins getting ready to fight to the death; and now some idiot dropping the C-bomb on a great contributor to this site because he didn't recognize a common expression.
IT MUST BE DALLAS WEEK BITCHES!!!!

(sorry for the 'Bitches' part, I've been overloading on [I]It's Always Sunny...[/I] lately)

53Fan 09-23-2008 04:23 PM

Goodbye DiehardSkins88. " A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

firstdown 09-23-2008 04:28 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;480257]lol well its a phrase. I didn't think anyone would take it literally![/quote]
Well before the Vick incident we would not have taken it literally but after that nothing surprises us now.

firstdown 09-23-2008 04:35 PM

[quote=firstdown;480308]Well before the Vick incident we would not have taken it literally but after that nothing surprises us now.[/quote]
OK, I see I'm a little late to this party and that explains why its tough to read because Diehard got the boot.

BleedBurgundy 09-23-2008 04:39 PM

[quote=firstdown;480310]OK, I see I'm a little late to this party and that explains why its tough to read because Diehard got the boot.[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't get it at first and then when I saw the quotes... well let's just say I had to clean my monitor...

Dirtbag59 09-23-2008 05:48 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;480285]lol love that signature[/quote]

Ha ha, thanks but unfortunately I can't take credit for it. Found it over in the comments section on Redskins Insider and honestly it was to much to pass up.

BringBackJoeT 09-23-2008 06:31 PM

[quote=53Fan;480307]Goodbye DiehardSkins88. " A mind is a terrible thing to waste."[/quote]

Indeed. I know the idiot is now gone, and that everyone is moving on, but I simply have to register my own objection to what was one of the most offensive posts I've seen on the Warpath. And really, the guy had never heard the phrase "kicking a dog while it's down"? And he's a football fan who has never heard of Merril Hoge? And he was a member of this site and thought DynamiteRave was a "dude" (at least initially)?!

Which member is it who signs off with "Somewhere, a village is missing an idiot"? Hopefully DiehardSkins88 was given directions back home when he got booted.