Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   ESPN's Week 4 Power Rankings (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/25444-espns-week-4-power-rankings.html)

Redskin Warrior 09-24-2008 01:57 AM

ESPN's Week 4 Power Rankings

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking]ESPN - NFL Power Rankings - National Football League[/url]

We are sitting at #15

That Guy 09-24-2008 02:20 AM

Re: ESPN's Week 4 Power Rankings

fair enough.

hagams 09-24-2008 06:19 AM

The climb to the top is ours to lose this week.

charliebrown88 09-24-2008 08:21 AM

All three division foes ranked one, two and three, that is brutual but if we somehow can split with all three and get into the playoffs we will be much better.

Got to look at it from a college program perspective, the better and tougher our opponents, the better and tougher we get.

WillH 09-24-2008 08:31 AM

I can't complain . . . much.

I think it's funny that they justify the eagles at no. 3 saying . . . well they kept up with the cowboys . . . yet give us no credit for keeping the game close with NY. Oh well, you know I bet if we beat the cowboys they'll still be rated higher then us, hopefully we'll get some respect though.

Monkeydad 09-24-2008 10:06 AM

Honestly, I think we are better than these teams ahead of us:

Panthers, Patriots, Jags...POSSIBLY the Bucs too. The Pats look horrible and their next 3 games are against SF (O'Sullivan is actually playing VERY well), San Diego (LOSS) and Denver (LOSS). They may not even win their division.

The Colts are even looking shaky on both sides of the ball. Their Offense will come around but the D may not, especially with losing Bob Sanders.

Lotus 09-24-2008 10:13 AM

[quote=Buster;480479]Honestly, I think we are better than these teams ahead of us:

Panthers, Patriots, Jags...POSSIBLY the Bucs too. The Pats look horrible and their next 3 games are against SF (O'Sullivan is actually playing VERY well), San Diego (LOSS) and Denver (LOSS). They may not even win their division.

The Colts are even looking shaky on both sides of the ball. Their Offense will come around but the D may not, especially with losing Bob Sanders.[/quote]

I agree, although I think that we are definitely better than Tampa.

We need to prove this on the field. A win in Dallas and/or Philly will earn respect for the Skins.

JoeRedskin 09-24-2008 10:14 AM

Rankings, Schmankings - Give me wins and let the pundits rank us where ever they want to.

Man I wish it was Sunday.

InsanePianist 09-24-2008 10:18 AM

[quote=WillH;480446]I can't complain . . . much.

I think it's funny that they justify the eagles at no. 3 saying . . . well they kept up with the cowboys . . . yet give us no credit for keeping the game close with NY. Oh well, you know I bet if we beat the cowboys they'll still be rated higher then us, hopefully we'll get some respect though.[/quote]

The only way we'd be ranked above them is if we beat them by 4 TD's and/or shut them out. Not gonna happen. Great opportunity to get a big division win and earn some respect around the league though.

CRedskinsRule 09-24-2008 10:35 AM

[quote=JoeRedskin;480484]Rankings, Schmankings - Give me wins and let the pundits rank us where ever they want to.

Man I wish it was Sunday.[/quote]

How can you not care what the pundits think?!?!? Don't you know THEY hold the key to the Redskins success. LOL

Actually, the only thing I think is funny is that when the Skins win, we go up two spaces but our opponent goes down big. So when we beat Dallas, we will probably be ranked 13, and Dallas will drop to #7 or 8. Pundits are FUNNY

celts32 09-24-2008 11:23 AM

The skins loss the the Giants is treated as a drubbing by the media and the Eagles loss to the Cowboys is somehow a victory for them. It makes no sense...it's a good thing that ESPN's opinion at the end of the day doesn't mean Sh*t...

SUNRA 09-24-2008 11:47 AM

There will never be enough criticism thrown to Philly, NY or Dallas the way the Redskins have been treated after the first game this year. Our defense has been stingy in giving up points and many Giant fans were upset that their team didn't blow us out. But the Redskins will get the respect that they deserve after back to back ass whippins of the so-called Beast of the East. We did it in 2005 , whipping out the NY, DALLAS AND PHILLY to make it to the playoffs and we'll do it again.

Ruhskins 09-24-2008 05:26 PM

[quote=celts32;480535]The skins loss the the Giants is treated as a drubbing by the media and the Eagles loss to the Cowboys is somehow a victory for them. It makes no sense...it's a good thing that ESPN's opinion at the end of the day doesn't mean Sh*t...[/quote]

I think the media only watched the first and part of the second quarter of the Giants/Redskins game.

Ruhskins 09-24-2008 06:18 PM

[quote=DirtyLandry;480687]I guess they have the Bucs ahead of us because they beat us last year in an ugly game that could have gone either way- This year they cant expect to throw the ball 70 times a game and win with consistency. I would also have Baltimore ranked a little higher even with Flacco playing like the rookie he is- their defense is looking like the 2000 superbowl team and were gonna have to play them at home in December. I am just curious as to what the rankings are gonna look like after we beat Dallas this week.[/quote]

I'm sure Dallas would drop only a few spots. I mean the Patriots lost to a team that was 1-15 last year and they are still in the top 15.