Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Rams fire Head Coach Linehan (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/25574-rams-fire-head-coach-linehan.html)

skinsfan_nn 09-29-2008 01:18 PM

Rams fire Head Coach Linehan

Rams are the first to fire there HC whos next..? The Raiders....Detroit?

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3615358]ESPN - Rams fire Linehan; D-coordinator Haslett tapped as interim coach - NFL[/url]

AnonEmouse 09-29-2008 01:22 PM

Re: Rams fire Head Coach Linehan

I am surprised Kiffin wasn't fired yesterday/this morning. Linehan was certain to go as he had no friends left there.

skinsfan_nn 09-29-2008 01:28 PM

[quote=AnonEmouse;483205][B]I am surprised Kiffin wasn't fired yesterday[/B]/this morning. Linehan was certain to go as he had no friends left there.[/quote]

You would certainly think thats coming very soon? But it is Al 'senile ass' Davis calling the shots...?

skinsfan69 09-29-2008 01:35 PM

Linehan seems to be one of those guys who is a nice OC but not HC material. He just doesn't seem like he's a leader of men. Not to mention he doesn't have any players.

riggins44 09-29-2008 02:54 PM

We will get the Rams in their first game with Haslett as HC.

johnerotten 09-29-2008 03:13 PM

the raiders are never gonna get any better as long as lucifer's son,al davis owns them and runs them. the league seems to be too scared to step in and mediate this.i feel sorry for the players,coaches,and fans for having to put up with al davis.when is detroit's bye week? i bet that's when maranelli gets canned.

over the mountain 09-29-2008 05:43 PM

good call johnnyrotten and riggo. seems like the thing to do these days is to fire the head coach heading into a bye week, makes sense but i never bought into the idea of firing a coach mid season unless you absolutely have to and want to get a good look at someone on your staff and see how they handle the position.

didnt realize rams had a bye and were playing us next, that could help or hurt our chances but i like it. jackson looks like he is starting to warm up so that will be a good test for our front 7.

i like the raiders coach and i hope they give him a chance b/c he seems to have the players buying into him. id only change him if i had a particular someone in mind who i thought would be able to get the best out of russell and mcfadden. they seem to have a god team, shame about gallery not looking so great but if they build from the middle they could be good very quickly. after everything thats been in the media al davis has played his hand and now has to fire him. its a shame to see a guy not get a real chance.

seahawks are going to be looking for a new HC after this season, lol

go skins!!

SBXVII 09-29-2008 07:13 PM

Haslet?.....Haslet? Thats the best they could do? Ok he's only the intrim but they might have been better off with Saunders and told the defensive coordinator to get it right or he's gone also. Atleast their offense showed some signs last weekend.

skinsfan_nn 09-29-2008 07:13 PM

[quote=over the mountain;483389]good call johnnyrotten and riggo. seems like the thing to do these days is to fire the head coach heading into a bye week, makes sense but i never bought into the idea of firing a coach mid season unless you absolutely have to and want to get a good look at someone on your staff and see how they handle the position.

didnt realize rams had a bye and were playing us next, that could help or hurt our chances but i like it. jackson looks like he is starting to warm up so that will be a good test for our front 7.

i like the raiders coach and i hope they give him a chance b/c he seems to have the players buying into him. id only change him if i had a particular someone in mind who i thought would be able to get the best out of russell and mcfadden. they seem to have a god team, shame about gallery not looking so great but if they build from the middle they could be good very quickly. after everything thats been in the media al davis has played his hand and now has to fire him. its a shame to see a guy not get a real chance.

[B] seahawks are going to be looking for a new HC after this season[/B], lol

go skins!![/quote]

Or not. They don't have to look far for the next HC that would be Jim Mora, already on board.

BDBohnzie 09-30-2008 10:49 AM

I haven't had a chance to talk to a good friend of mine, who is a big Rams fan since the days of Everett and Dickerson, but if they gave the Interim job to Haslett, I'm willing to bet Saunders turned it down. My buddy was convinced Saunders was the guy who was going to take it...

Linehan didn't stand a chance. Their drafts have been horrible and they can't seem to land any decent FAs. With Issac Bruce gone, their lone receiving weapon is Holt, who is talented but at 33, is getting up there in years. Jackson is a stud, but the only guy they can run consistently behind is Pace, who is probably going to retire after the season. Then in desperation, Linehan benches Bulger in favor of Soft Head Green. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bulger back in the lineup very soon. Their defense is horrible...while getting Chris "Don't Call Me Howie" Long was good, they've got journeymen everywhere else, and Linehan cut their best cover man a few weeks ago.

Haslett has a long uphill battle awaiting him...

SmootSmack 09-30-2008 10:57 AM

No way they could have given it to Saunders. There was already deep animosity toward Linehan that was amplified when T. Green was named the starter...a move that everyone knows had Saunders' fingerprints all over it. AS has probably already worn out his welcome there.

I think Gregg Williams is a top candidate to go there at the end of this season.

skinsfan_nn 09-30-2008 02:57 PM

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617977"]ESPN - Sources: Raiders finally fire Kiffin, consider promoting assistants - NFL[/URL]

doughtydoubter 09-30-2008 06:37 PM

Ehhh....the rams ae hurting this year bigtime...i dont think haslett is that big of an improvement over kiffin

johnerotten 09-30-2008 07:29 PM

when the rams come in here,they will have had 2 weeks to prepare.i'm not worried because the head coach now is the DC of the last few years.unless the whole defense
has a huge brain fart,we should easily beat them.maybe even get collins and colt in a few plays.

dannyboy1983 09-30-2008 11:15 PM

I kind of saw this coming. The guy really never was a good coach. The rams are capable of so much more with thier offense. Hopefully haslett will improve there chances. Just not against us. hahahaha