Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My one complaint about yesterday's win. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25577)

skinsfan69 09-29-2008 01:54 PM

My one complaint about yesterday's win.

What the hell was Blache thinking rushing 3 guys toward the end of the half and at the end of the game?? The way the defense was playing this made no sense. We basically gave them 10 points.

GMScud 09-29-2008 01:59 PM

Re: My one complaint about yesterday's win.

[quote=skinsfan69;483274]What the hell was Blache thinking rushing 3 guys toward the end of the half and at the end of the game?? The way the defense was playing this made no sense. We basically gave them 10 points.[/quote]

Maybe we were desperate for some more pressure? I dunno. But we didn't knock Romo around nearly enough. We knew they were throwing in those situations, and when Romo had time he was money for the most part.

saden1 09-29-2008 02:01 PM

It's called not giving up the big plays aka not giving up a TD. When you have Austin, TO, Witten and Clayton all trying to catch a TD you don't have much of a choice.

spearhead05 09-29-2008 02:01 PM

I agree it look like we went to a zone before the half I belive. I was like attack that offense LOL.

MTK 09-29-2008 02:03 PM

The Cowboys LOVE the big play. Notice how they had very little of that? Blache forced the Cowboys to be patient and take what the D was giving them, and they were clearly flustered all day in doing so. It might not have been pretty but it worked.

over the mountain 09-29-2008 02:05 PM

yeah im glad you reminded me of this. the one real concern (other than being 1 injury to springs or rogers away from being vulnerable) i have is that romo or any qb we have played so far has had alot of time in the pocket. not just at the end of halves which is scheme prevent related i suppose but in general we have not gotten pressure from the front 4 and dont really blitz and when we do its 1 linebacker.

so far it has not come back to hurt us and our run D has been pretty solid but there has to be something we can do. maybe blatche is just easing into things and setting teams up by not showing blitz early in the season then dialing it up in the second half??

i do love the man coverage on the outside thoo, really dictated to the cowboys what they could do and forced them to change routes to those long drag across the field plays in order to use receiver speed to get alil separation from the corners. i think blatche will think about what adjustments teh boys made and in turn come up with a few ideas the next time an opponent tries teh adjustments the boys did.

i would love to hear from some of our more insightful and knowledgable members about not pressuring the qb.

go skins!!!

redsk1 09-29-2008 02:06 PM

Yea, we didn't get alot of pressure much of the day. I didn't really like the prevent D at the end of the half. Especially w/ the way we were playing. Not alot to complain about besides that.

MTK 09-29-2008 02:10 PM

We might not have gotten sacks but the pressure was there at times. Romo is very good at avoiding pressure and getting the ball out. But I think the overall defensive gameplan was to keep everything in front of them and not give up the big play. Mission accomplished.

EEich 09-29-2008 02:11 PM

Prevent defense is standard operating procedure in those situations... drives fans nuts.

My one complaint was the goofy squib kick that gave the Cowboys great field position... this after Suishy had been consistently getting nice distance on his kickoffs.

FRPLG 09-29-2008 02:14 PM

We were pressuring him a lot yesterday. He is pretty slippery back there. Very good with his feet.

Hog1 09-29-2008 02:15 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;483285]The Cowboys LOVE the big play. Notice how they had very little of that? Blache forced the Cowboys to be patient and take what the D was giving them, and they were clearly flustered all day in doing so. It might not have been pretty but it worked.[/quote]

Greg Blache is a smart SOB. JZ, Blache, and the rest of the coaches seriously.............KICKED THEIR ASS.
I guarantee, the guys in Big D woke up this morning thinking "that had to be a bad dream"?
Yesterday, We literally BLEW UP the NFC East. All the predictions and expectations changed

johnerotten 09-29-2008 02:16 PM

the only complaint i have about the game is that i failed to record it.
they would almost have to rebroadcast it on the nfl network tuesday one would think.

birdz4gibbs 09-29-2008 02:18 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;483285]The Cowboys LOVE the big play. Notice how they had very little of that? Blache forced the Cowboys to be patient and take what the D was giving them, and they were clearly flustered all day in doing so. It might not have been pretty but it worked.[/quote]

on cue very good thanks matty..that one play where romo went deep with the get your popcorn ready TO it was overthrown with very good coverage.

at that point and time they went to the prevent knowing they had no timeouts remaining and they were going to give them the little stuff knowing they needed 2 scores.....

spot on matty...

over the mountain 09-29-2008 02:24 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;483294]We might not have gotten sacks but the pressure was there at times. Romo is very good at avoiding pressure and getting the ball out. But I think the overall defensive gameplan was to keep everything in front of them and not give up the big play. Mission accomplished.[/quote]

yeah i hear ya, blatche seems to like keeping it simple and i think "keeping everything in front of them" is a good description but i think this puts alot of pressure on our secondary to come up and make plays. we have a solid group with springs, rogers and smoot (smoots play leaves alil something to be desired so far) but an injury to springs or rogers and i think we will not have good enough corners to be able to sit back and let our players make plays.

im excited as hell at the way we are playing but i cant lie, im alil worried that our corners wont hold up all season to allow this system to continue to get the job done. one good thing is that it seems blatche really has it in landry's head that it is on him to help the corners out when needed and i have full faith in landry in remembering where he is supposed to be and whom he is supposed to be giving coverage too.

i dont know, i doubted shazaam could add distance to his kicks and was wrong, i still had hope with zorn coming in that JC could go from good to great but doubt was quietly creeping into my head, and now i feel myself doubting that this D will bend but not break all year. if springs stays healthy ill sleep go at night.

go skins!!

over the mountain 09-29-2008 02:28 PM

[quote=FRPLG;483301]We were pressuring him a lot yesterday. He is pretty slippery back there. Very good with his feet.[/quote]

yeah when romo first came in and started playing i thought there was no way he could continue to squeeze out of defenders grasp and make plays but he has. in the beginning i thought he was just lucky but now i think its just the way he plays. which kind of sucks because ive been waiting for a few years for romo's luck to run out but he has continued to do it which to me means it isnt luck.

JC is no slouch at feeling pressure, moving around and keeping his eyes down field either.

go skins!!