Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REDSKIN RITUALS. What weird things do you do to help the 'Skins kick butt on Sundays??? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25694)

hucapn 10-04-2008 01:56 AM

REDSKIN RITUALS. What weird things do you do to help the 'Skins kick butt on Sundays???

I was just wondering if any of you do anything strange for the game. I go to the same friends house every kickoff and we set up a Sean Taylor Memorial in front of the TV set. I lay out the #21 towel from the game after he died. There are the same $20 bill and $1 bill that have been on the towel on the 2 and 1 respectively. A 75 anniversary shirt that I got while I was playing flag football on FedEX Field, WHILE DEXTER MANLEY was watching the game. Two of the car window flags. The Gibbs throwback solid gold "R" redskins hat. The Sports Specialties hat from back in the day that used to match the Starter jackets. It started off as the towel and a candle but now it has evolved into this pre-ordained necessity amonst my friends. (In our defense, we started this the game after Teezy died and so far we've lost three times, the Bills, Seahawks, and Giants)
Anyway, just trying to se if other fans do similar things. Some people sit in the same seats or wear the same clothes. What are your wacky game, pregame, and post game rituals. And let's just assume massive amounts of beers fellas, be creative lol

Hail2theskins 10-04-2008 02:07 AM

Re: REDSKIN RITUALS. What weird things do you do to help the 'Skins kick butt on Sundays???

i have 3 jersey's, a cooley, washington and portis... if we win a game ill wear the same jersey on gameday until we lose, once we lose the jersey is rotated along, not nearly as elaborate as your scheme, but thats what i do.

InsanePianist 10-04-2008 02:15 AM

Re: REDSKIN RITUALS. What weird things do you do to help the 'Skins kick butt on Sundays???

[quote=Hail2theskins;484973]i have 3 jersey's, a cooley, washington and portis... if we win a game ill wear the same jersey on gameday until we lose, once we lose the jersey is rotated along, not nearly as elaborate as your scheme, but thats what i do.[/quote]

I do pretty much the same thing with D. Green, Portis, Springs, and Campbell. I've been on Green since the Saints game. Hopefully, I won't have to switch it out for a while.

Anything more than Jerseys would be too much for me lol

Hail2theskins 10-04-2008 02:20 AM

[quote=InsanePianist;484974]I do pretty much the same thing with D. Green, Portis, Springs, and Campbell. I've been on Green since the Saints game. Hopefully, I won't have to switch it out for a while.

Anything more than Jerseys would be too much for me lol[/quote]

Ive been sittin with my cooley jersey although i might have to retire it, its a replica and i wasnt paying attention and threw it in the dryer and now the numbers are all f'd up.

DirtyLandry 10-04-2008 02:57 AM

I sleep for about 3 hours the night before the game, then I wake up and smoke a fatty.:Smoker:

Luxorreb 10-04-2008 03:38 AM

I wear my throwback 75th white Sellers jersey and my REAL 21 towel.

DynamiteRave 10-04-2008 03:54 AM

I make a prediction here in the prediction thread (I didn't the first week and have been since that first loss and we've won) I also come here and post in the gameday thread. Seems to be lucky as well. :) I also make sure to wear my ST jersey to class every Monday!

johnerotten 10-04-2008 09:10 AM

i wear the same shirt,drink out of the same cup, avoid predictions,and click here on the gamethread before every game.and i only change channels at halftime.ialso always keep my fingers crossed,and make sure nobody bothers me during the game.

InsanePianist 10-04-2008 10:25 AM

[quote=johnerotten;484993]i wear the same shirt,drink out of the same cup, avoid predictions,and click here on the gamethread before every game.and i only change channels at halftime.ialso always keep my fingers crossed,and make sure nobody bothers me during the game.[/quote]

you keep your fingers crossed for the entire game?

OHIOSKINSFAN 10-04-2008 10:41 AM

Same Drawer's. Same Shirt. Same Sh**

53Fan 10-04-2008 10:56 AM

I've worn the same Redskin shorts, muscle shirt, hat, and watch since New Orleans. There's other Skins stuff I want to wear but I'm not changing as long as we continue to win.

Skins_4_Lyfe 10-04-2008 11:24 AM

I watch the movies "Gladiator" or "Any Given Sunday" the night before since the 2005 season

Ijaeger 10-04-2008 12:45 PM

I always play our next opponent on madden the night before the game. Other than that I just make sure I'm there for my team. oh, and I drink my F#$%in ass off.

Hog1 10-04-2008 12:55 PM

[quote=InsanePianist;485000]you keep your fingers crossed for the entire game?[/quote]
[B]Yes,[/B]
basically left hand only, (keeps right hand free for consumables)and index and middle finger. Right hand only if the skins are in DEEP sh....
You see, this is a science, not some nonsense, Witchcraft, or Shamanism (although a smattering of Santeria has been known to extend effective field goal range) founded in empirical research, and brought to bear through proven time tested means.
1) finger crossed as described earler
2) Hat, JOE classic "R" in Burgundy
3) Jersey, currently Portis 75th in white
If things do not go well, it really gets messy

mooby 10-04-2008 02:03 PM

I always wear either my T21 jersey or my Cooley jersey, along with my black R redskins hat (the one Joe used to wear). I can never miss a play, if I miss a play I feel like I am downgrading our chances of winning. But yeah that's pretty much it, I keep it simple.