Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   On the bright side... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25961)

MTK 10-13-2008 12:31 PM

On the bright side...

-The running game looks unstoppable at times. Portis is on pace for 1700+ right now.

-Campbell again looked very solid. Still no INTs on the year.

-Carlos Rogers... he's officially off the potential bust list. He really did a nice job locking up against Holt. He's now the real deal.

-Cooley, amazing catch down the seam where you had to lay out for the ball.

-Overall this game was lost due to one thing... turnovers. Other than that it was a dominant game on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately the only thing that matters is the score.

SFREDSKIN 10-13-2008 12:33 PM

Re: On the bright side...

[quote=Mattyk72;489322]-The running game looks unstoppable at times. Portis is on pace for 1700+ right now.

-Carlos Rogers... he's officially off the potential bust list. He really did a nice job locking up against Holt. He's now the real deal.

-Overall this game was lost due to one thing... turnovers. Other than that it was a dominant game on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately the only thing that matters is the score.[/quote]

Don't forget Horton, he was all over the place. Maybe he's to blame for the pass to Avery, but he is making a name for himself and what a steal!!!!!

MTK 10-13-2008 12:38 PM

Yeah maybe Horton cost us the game but hey, he was all over the place!

Hog1 10-13-2008 12:51 PM

One of the only intelligent things I have EVER heard Chris Carter (I think it was) say in evaluation of the East, and specifically the Skins and boys.
[B]To wit[/B],
a championship team has more than just talent. they hang out together. They go to dinner together. They refuse to QUIT on their teamates. They sacrifice for each other. ex. not partying when it matters, so as not to let the other guys down. He further states these guys ARE NOT T.O., Tank, Pacman "Adam" Jones. The boys don't get it. Talent???? yes. Champions????? No
He referred to the Skins as a bit immature...........but close. According to him.......The Skins have "IT". Possibly a little more maturation is necessary.
Riggins said almost the same thing identically, last week. He stated, the Skins are GOOD, real good. He also stated there is a maturation process to a championship team. The type of confidence that helps them [B]keep their foot on the gas [/B]even with lesser teams. He adds, [B]they are close[/B]
I completely agree with these evaluations, and Zorn basically is re-stating it in his presser right now.

jdlea 10-13-2008 12:55 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;489327]Yeah maybe Horton cost us the game but hey, he was all over the place![/quote]

Yeah, because he didn't get home on one blitz, we should overlook the fact that guys whose job it is to hang onto the ball didn't. Or that guys whose job it is to never touch the ball decided to, but...no, you're right Chris Horton cost the Skins the game.

Hog1 10-13-2008 12:57 PM

Press conference:
[B]Reporter:[/B] "Coach, what is the most impressive thing to you about Clinton Portis"?
[B]JZ[/B]: "Does he not lead the National Football League in running backs"? "I think that's pretty impressive!"

53Fan 10-13-2008 12:59 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;489327]Yeah maybe Horton cost us the game but hey, he was all over the place![/quote]

:lol: Exactly. Which is why a lot of us were'nt in such a hurry to just throw him into the starting spot and kick Doughty to special teams only. He'll be a star, but he still has a lot to learn.

53Fan 10-13-2008 01:33 PM

On the bright side, we did'nt lose to a division team. We're 4-2 with the rest of our division games at home. Kendall will probably never touch the ball again and if he would'nt of fumbled it would'nt have been such a bad play. Crap occurs. JC still has'nt thrown an Int. The mistakes in this game are correctable. This game could actually make us more intense in the future. We have a future star at SS once he learns his assignments. Portis is running like the Beast he is. We are seeing things like communication problems now instead of later. We still have a ways to go. I think we knew that before this game. If we have some problems, I'd rather see them early in the season so they can be corrected NOW. We don't want to be finding out we have alot of work to do later in the season when we have some very big games.

hooskins 10-13-2008 01:36 PM

Yea I am glad they pointed out how Carlos was dominating holt on Fox. It is a disappointment that we lost, and it will probably take away from one of his best games of the year.

JWsleep 10-13-2008 01:39 PM

I thought Randle-El had a nice game overall. And that drive we had to take the lead was very nice--more good stuff from JC.

But, DAMN. We lost to the friggin RAMS! Oy.

JGisLordOfTheRings 10-13-2008 01:39 PM

CR has come into his own and is starting to gain that "Lockdown" corner title. He tackles, breaks up passes and he's finally getting his head turned around at the rite times to avoid PI.

Keep it up!

RMSkins 10-13-2008 01:44 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;489322]-The running game looks unstoppable at times. Portis is on pace for 1700+ right now.

-Overall this game was lost due to one thing... turnovers. Other than that it was a dominant game on both sides of the ball. Unfortunately the only thing that matters is the score.[/quote]
It's funny how you bust on Horton for maybe costing us the game, but you put Cooley in your highlights when he's just as responsible as Horton when he fumbled the ball trying to gain an extra inch on a very promising drive. Yes, Cooley's catch was awesome but Horton's play was just as impressive save the failed blitz.

SmootSmack 10-13-2008 01:54 PM

How 'bout them Auburn guys!

Rogers has emerged as my definitive third favorite Redskin (behind Springs and Portis). Hopefully, we can stop hearing the "I can't believe we passed on Merriman for Rogers" talk.

Campbell and Portis, as is becoming the norm, were definite highlights

JWsleep 10-13-2008 01:56 PM

It was really karim Moore who blew it on that last play (see the thread linking to JLac's analysis). But maybe it wasn't the greatest call--we left Torrence in single coverage there.

Oh, well. Can't get the play back. Let's hope they learn and grow from this and don't take a step back.

Southpaw 10-13-2008 02:14 PM

[quote=jdlea;489333]Yeah, because he didn't get home on one blitz, we should overlook the fact that guys whose job it is to hang onto the ball didn't. Or that guys whose job it is to never touch the ball decided to, but...no, you're right Chris Horton cost the Skins the game.[/quote]

All I've heard from the "analysts" on the radio this morning is that it was Kareem Moore who was out of position on the long pass to Avery. Where did the info on it being Horton's fault come from?