Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25988)

TheMalcolmConnection 10-14-2008 03:54 PM

Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643240]ESPN - Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy - NFL[/url]

The bottom is falling out...

Dan22 10-14-2008 03:58 PM

Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for Four Games

Just seen that on the nfl website. The sky is falling for the Cowboys

jgalecpa 10-14-2008 03:58 PM

He's out for four games.

Romo's out for four games

We play them in five weeks!

SBXVII 10-14-2008 04:01 PM

Christmas is coming early. lol. Hopefully they will be out of synch when we play them.

Dblock804 10-14-2008 04:02 PM

Now for the real treat. TO melts down like my ex.

hail_2_da_skins 10-14-2008 04:02 PM

[B]AS THE COWBOY'S WORLD TURNS ...[/B]

The latest episode in [B]AS THE COWBOY'S WORLD TURNS[/B], PacMan Jones is suspended indefinitely as a result of his recent violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.

The saga continues ...

GTripp0012 10-14-2008 04:03 PM

[quote=jgalecpa;489782]He's out for four games.

Romo's out for four games

We play them in five weeks![/quote]He'll miss our matchup though. Romo might miss our matchup, but at least is planning to be back.

Newman figures to still be out against us, which means we will see a CB duo of Anthony Henry, and the rookie Michael Jenkins. Oh, joy!

Dblock804 10-14-2008 04:04 PM

Screw 2pac. I want Romo to start in Fed Ex. I want to see him cry again. In 4 weeks there will be no TO.

over the mountain 10-14-2008 04:06 PM

it all started to fall apart when we whooped em in their house . . . when pacman was reinstated alot of boys fans were saying "this is pacmans last chance", "he cant screw up", "there is no last chance for him" . . . i think they will forget their sentiments then and be pissed claiming goddell is out to get them, etc.

lol

go skins!!

edit: so can pacman still practice with them, is he allowed on the premises?

hail_2_da_skins 10-14-2008 04:07 PM

[B]AS THE COWBOY'S WORLD TURNS ...[/B]

More info from nfl.com

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ba4088&template=without-video&confirm=true]NFL suspends Cowboys CB Jones for a minimum of four games[/url]

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 10-14-2008 04:15 PM

I'm shocked, stunned and grief-stricken.

over the mountain 10-14-2008 04:25 PM

in hindsight JJ problay wishes he had handled this better by suspending pacman for a game or 2 instead of brushing it under the rug and claiming pacman was innocent of any wrong doing etc. . . deion "no contact" sanders also looks pretty bad saying he was at pacmans house after the incident and saying that pacman did not have anything to drink.

go skins!!

edit: looks like the rumors are really starting to heat up regarding a cowboys 1st rounder for wr williams from detroit. seems like it would benefit both teams involved and right now JJ could probaly use a lil positive cowboy news not related to pacman. i hope the trade deadline comes and goes with no news to report b/c TO isnt getting any younger.

johnerotten 10-14-2008 04:39 PM

[QUOTE] Jerry Jones and Pacman defenders said alcohol was not involved. [/QUOTE]

so did deion sanders who said he was with pacman the whole time and he was'nt drinking alcohol.looks like not only is deion an asshole,he's a liar too.

riggins44 10-14-2008 04:42 PM

Honestly I am surprised he lasted this long before getting in trouble. He may be gone longer if determined he did violate his parole.

johnerotten 10-14-2008 04:42 PM

did anybody get the feeling if jj would have made the extra effort and suspended pacman on his own,the league would'nt have suspended him?

MTK 10-14-2008 04:44 PM

I think this was out of JJ's hand. It's bigger than a team issue considering his history.

SouperMeister 10-14-2008 04:49 PM

Thank God the Titans drafted this turd and allowed Carlos Rogers to fall to us. Carlos seems to have turned the corner, and will be a much better player than Pacman without any of the baggage.

Between the suspension and Terrence Newman's sports hernia, I can't wait to see them try to cover our WR's in the rematch next month.

hesscl34 10-14-2008 04:55 PM

This is just NOT a good week for Dallass... ha ha ha ha!!!!

Darrell_Green_28 10-14-2008 04:56 PM

Why does he seem to always get another chance? You would think the Commish would say "No need to review it anymore, you had many chances to redeem yourself and failed. So look for another career."

skinsfan_nn 10-14-2008 05:06 PM

This clown will never learn. PACTIRD THE RETARD=LIFETIME BAN FROM NFL :doh:

Twilbert07 10-14-2008 05:30 PM

Did y'all see Portis' comments on the situation:

Clinton Portis's weekly appearance on ESPN 980's John Thompson Show yielded plenty of interesting nuggets about Shaun Alexander's imminent arrival, Portis's offseason change-of-mindset and his comments about focus from last Sunday (taken out of context, apparently). But he saved his most quotable moment for the last question, about Pacman Jones's suspension.

Portis hadn't heard about the suspension before Thompson asked him about it. And as he did, rather unfortunately, two years ago, Portis at least partially sympathized with the player.

"I really think that situation man probably was blown out of proportion, I really do," Portis said of the Pacman fight. "And I think it might have just been somebody watching and seen the altercation and it wasn't nothing that couldn't be handled amongst men, you know? Bodyguard or no bodyguard, if you're around somebody constantly, tempers gonna flare. As men you exchange words.

"Me and Brian [Mitchell] exchanged words...the same way our conversation all of the sudden flared up everywhere, and it was like me and him had a karate match and we were face-to-face and I pushed him. You know, it's gonna come out to the outside world as something different than what really happened.

"And I think with Pacman, to come back, to really have this opportunity was a golden opportunity for him, and all of the sudden it's been taken away by the outside world. And now you're under such a tight microscope that you can't fall, or you can't have a disagreement with a grown man. You know, I could see if it was pistol play or if he strangled him or choked him out while he was driving, but you know, if it's man-to-man and we bump chests and push each other, you know, I don't think that's an altercation worth taking football away from him. But, you know, wrong place wrong time is all I can say."

johnerotten 10-14-2008 05:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;489816]I think this was out of JJ's hand. It's bigger than a team issue considering his history.[/quote]

you are right my friend.after watching the JJ interview on the nfl network,he understood that the problem was'nt his,it was the league's. if the cowboys release him flat out,is he an all out free agent and the titans get nothing or what?

artmonkforhallofamein07 10-14-2008 05:37 PM

Good for him. Why to go dumbass. The fuse has been lit. RW coming to Little D has just shortned the wick.

birdz4gibbs 10-14-2008 05:42 PM

man i,ve seen better the the arcade game pacman..you get in less trouble..

this trade will help but we will see.our next meeting with the boyz should be interesting to see.

SFREDSKIN 10-14-2008 05:56 PM

If it's only a 4 game suspension does the bye week before we play them count as a suspension week or will he miss the game against us?

Takeuon 10-14-2008 05:57 PM

[quote=johnerotten;489810]so did deion sanders who said he was with pacman the whole time and he was'nt drinking alcohol.looks like not only is deion an asshole,he's a liar too.[/quote]

Are you kidding? I never even heard that? If that's the case Deion truly is a D-bag! I hope someone calls his ass out.

wilsowilso 10-14-2008 06:10 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;489866]If it's only a 4 game suspension does the bye week before we play them count as a suspension week or will he miss the game against us?[/quote]

He is out against us.

warpath361 10-14-2008 06:25 PM

i wanted romo to play against the skins so j. taylor,a.carter and the whole line could ripp him apart

TheSmurfs22 10-14-2008 06:26 PM

He is such a dumbass.

lwiedy 10-14-2008 07:03 PM

I cannot tell you how much this warms my heart. All last off-season, there were hammerheads (DGreene28) saying “Why don’t we get him?” “Gee, what harm could it do, it’s only a whatever round pick?” Well, where are you now? This is EXACTLY why you stay away from a-holes.

nyredskinsfan 10-14-2008 07:13 PM

Don't agree. If JJ had jumped in and gave him 2 weeks off the NFL would have stayed out of it. Stupid runs free down in Cowgirl territory. So glad it does.

Lotus 10-14-2008 08:15 PM

Go TO! Attack some more teammates! Cry about not the getting the ball! You now hold the rest of the Cowboys self-destruction in your hands!

djnemo65 10-14-2008 08:33 PM

I don't know that Jerry Jones could have preempted the NFL suspension by issuing a team suspension first. But that doesn't really matter. He should have issued one anyway on grounds of principle. The problem I have with JJ is what appears to be his failure to grasp the seriousness of this situation, to blow this incident off as something media driven or exaggerated - as if Pacman is just another guy. He's not. He's a major-league scumbag who is directly responsible for the paralysis of a security guard who was just doing his job. He never deserved another chance. He got it and - big surprise - here he is not even halfway through the season screwing up again. Out drinking when he swore he wouldn't be. Fighting when he swore he wouldn't be. Letting the team down. No surprise at all, that's what scumbags do.

If there was any discipline down there in Dallas JJ wouldn't have suspended Pacman. He would have fired him. What do you think Coughlin would have done? Or Belichick? Or Gibbs? There was only one team stupid and greedy enough to take a shot at him, and this is the same team that is now making excuses for him. Pathetic.

skinsfan_nn 10-14-2008 08:48 PM

Come on CP....your smarter than that, right....? :confused: Just keep running like the wind and most folks me included won't care how stupid some of your comments are.

Clinton Portis Isn't Saying Pacman Jones Should've Done It, but He Understands

Ryan WilsonPosted Oct 14th 2008 7:15PM by Ryan Wilson (author feed)
Filed under: Cowboys, Redskins, NFC East, NFL Fans
I love Clinton Portis. I'm not a Redskins fan, but Portis is all that's right with the NFL. He doesn't take himself too seriously, he's been one of the best running backs in the league over the last seven seasons, and he can block his ass off.

And once you get past the fake teef, Urkel frames and suspect fashion choices, Portis often has something interesting to offer. Like, say, here. (Okay, bad example, but this is solid stuff.)

Today, during the John Thompson Show, Portis was asked about the news that "Adam" Pacman Jones had been suspended for at least four games. As the Sports Bog's Dan Steinberg writes, Portis sort of sympathized with Mr. Pacman.

"I really think that situation man probably was blown out of proportion, I really do," Portis said of the Pacman fight. "And I think it might have just been somebody watching and seen the altercation and it wasn't nothing that couldn't be handled amongst men, you know? Bodyguard or no bodyguard, if you're around somebody constantly, tempers gonna flare. As men you exchange words. ...

"And I think with Pacman, to come back, to really have this opportunity was a golden opportunity for him, and all of the sudden it's been taken away by the outside world. And now you're under such a tight microscope that you can't fall, or you can't have a disagreement with a grown man. You know, I could see if it was pistol play or if he strangled him or choked him out while he was driving, but you know, if it's man-to-man and we bump chests and push each other, you know, I don't think that's an altercation worth taking football away from him. But, you know, wrong place wrong time is all I can say."

I love that Portis points out that it's not like Mr. Pacman strangled his bodyguard while he was driving. Since, you know, strangling him under any other circumstance might be acceptable. (I'm pretty sure that wasn't the implication, but it's still funny. To me.) Hey, it's just like the time Portis sorta sympathized with Ron Mexico, puppy murderer! And I'll repeat here what I wrote then:

Portis is a 26-year-old professional athlete. Neither his age nor his profession is an excuse for what he said, but he's a football player. ... He's just a guy in his mid-20s who also happens to be very, very rich. For some reason in this country, if you have money, you're supposed to have thoughts on every news story that comes across the wire.

To summarize: Portis is mostly awesome, but sometimes says things a lot of us might disagree with. Which means he should probably run for office or something.

onlydarksets 10-14-2008 08:55 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;489780][URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643240"]ESPN - Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy - NFL[/URL]

The bottom is falling out...[/quote]
This pretty much destroys any credibility Jerry Jones had as a man of character (not that he had much left). He should have suspended Pac-douche immediately.

DIRTEE 10-14-2008 09:02 PM

JJ is one devious mofo and there is no question that he has the comissioner in the palm of his hand. JJ tried to downplay/control the media, but it just kept moving. I'm sure he asked the commish to postpone his suspension to after the Cardinals game, but it still blew up in his face.

53Fan 10-14-2008 10:04 PM

Where's Sandtrappjack?

johnerotten 10-15-2008 10:11 AM

most pathetic of all of them is deion sanders.he was on nfl network last night actually defending pac man,saying everything was over blown,yada,yada,yada.if that's how a man of god is supposed to act,then i'm the king of japan!wonder if deion,irvin,and emmitt are gonna babysit pacman's dumb ass the next month?if this was the court system all of the rest of us have to follow,pacman would be oj's cell buddy.

skinsfan69 10-15-2008 11:13 AM

[quote=johnerotten;490086]most pathetic of all of them is deion sanders.he was on nfl network last night actually defending pac man,saying everything was over blown,yada,yada,yada.if that's how a man of god is supposed to act,then i'm the king of japan!wonder if deion,irvin,and emmitt are gonna babysit pacman's dumb ass the next month?if this was the court system all of the rest of us have to follow,pacman would be oj's cell buddy.[/quote]

I heard that piece too. Deion just needs to realize that Pac Man needs to grow up and be a man. He was out drinking at 1am the night before practice hanging out at some Ludacris event. If I was Pac Man, and my career is on the line, I'm keeping my ass home. Hell, I don't even stay out that late on weekends but that's me. And if you need to go out, go to a restaurant and have a steak or something... and go that hell home at 10pm. But Deion just doesn't want to say those things. He just wants to make excuses for this pitiful ass guy. He's always on NFL Network sticking up for Pac Man. After all that BS went down in Vegas Pac Man goes to a strip club the night before he has to meet with Godell. That shows you the type of person you're dealing with. It's getting old.