Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FedEx Field Rankings Among NFL Stadiums (merged) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26020)

Southpaw 10-15-2008 02:19 PM

Re: NFL stadium rankings-fed ex field is 25th

[quote=Takeuon;490286]$40 to park at any event is a travesty. I haven't been to Fed-Ex in awhile. But HOW much is it to park there now!? That's if you can even get a damn spot![/quote]

$35 I think, but for $5 less, you can park a mile away and take a bus to the stadium... :laughing2

BrunellMVP? 10-15-2008 02:23 PM

FedEx is weak, and now they are "shushing" us- pathetic.
"fairly corporate" is an understatement. half my section is turned over week in week out.
bottom line, the real fans are forced to watch from home...

EternalEnigma21 10-15-2008 02:23 PM

re: FedEx Field Rankings Among NFL Stadiums (merged)

I wonder what the link rates. Notice all of the altercation stories involve eagles fans. F 'em and their grandparents.

BDBohnzie 10-15-2008 02:24 PM

Tailgating in B'more is actually a pretty good time. A buddy of mine wanted to see the Steelers, so I went with him in '06 when the Ravens trounced them. I knew a few different groups, and we bounced all over the parking lot. But tailgating at FedEx is a great time as well.

However, I'm not sure why they say the traffic in and out of there is any good. It's quite comparable with FedEx...

Dblock804 10-15-2008 02:24 PM

Fed EX should be in the top 5. It's the best party you can go to. 9 for a beer is crazy any place.

johnerotten 10-15-2008 02:25 PM

i went and saw the panthers play in 2001 in charlotte and it only cost 20$$ to park there.where they get you at martinsvilles is the land is owned by people who live right there.their yards are'nt really big,but they are big enough for 40 cars.at 40 bucks a pop,that's 3600 easy dollars.hell,they could charge 100 $ and people would pay it.

skinsfan_nn 10-15-2008 02:32 PM

[quote=hooskins;490272]Well one problem with ticket prices is that the true fan is rarely there.[B] I had great seats to the Arizona game but the seats around me were full of people wearing polos[/B].

It really was upsetting. Go to a game in Philly, Pitt, Green Bay, I doubt it's it would be like that. Also people like RFK because it was a hell of a lot louder. For housing 90k+ FedEX doesnt get loud.[/quote]

Really...thats nice to know you had such WONDERFUL SEATS!!! Thats awful nice someone could put you in such great seats........ :)

You got a problem with polos...? There are also quite a few jerseys in that GREAT football section as well!

mooby 10-15-2008 02:56 PM

It's 8 bucks for a beer at Fedex. And the cost for parking is a huge reason why I take the metro from Franconia-Springfield to Morgan Boulevard, it's free to park at metro and round trip from there and back is like 9 bucks. Saves me plenty of gas and money in the end.

hooskins 10-15-2008 03:04 PM

[quote=mooby;490308]It's 8 bucks for a beer at Fedex. And the cost for parking is a huge reason why I take the metro from Franconia-Springfield to Morgan Boulevard, it's free to park at metro and round trip from there and back is like 9 bucks. Saves me plenty of gas and money in the end.[/quote]
Metro is great, and probably the best way to get to the game especially for those in the DC metro area, but it becomes a problem if you value tailgating.

hooskins 10-15-2008 03:07 PM

Re: FedEx Field Rankings Among NFL Stadiums (merged)

[quote=skinsfan_nn;490297]Really...thats nice to know you had such WONDERFUL SEATS!!! Thats awful nice someone could put you in such great seats........ :)

You got a problem with polos...? There are also quite a few jerseys in that GREAT football section as well![/quote]
hahaa yeah who would do that? Thanks again man! For anyone else who wants to get tix remember skinfan nn has great ones and very reliable.

Finally I love polos, I go to UVA lol. But at a game it's a bit annoying. Wear jersies not your 100 dollar lacoste polo.

mlmpetert 10-15-2008 03:40 PM

I think the ticket prices are pretty bad when you consider that it seats as many as it does, and the location. I just got offered season tickets but am putting it off, becuase its just a hell of a lot cheeper to buy a ticket from someone right before the game for 10-30 bucks (regualr game non-divisional). And then buy really nice tickets for a big game and still come out waaayyyyyy ahead.

And as someone else said the cost of beer is out of controll.

firstdown 10-15-2008 04:19 PM

Its all in the planning to have a great day at FedEx. I live in the Va Beach area and we leave the house around 7:30am and that puts us just ahead of trafic and we roll into the parking lot around 10:30am (I have a parking pass connection). That gives us 2 good hours to grill out drink some beer and just take in the wave of people cooking drinking. We then go to the game and have a few more beers and enjoy maybe a soft pretz. or some fries. When we return to the car which is around 5:00 pm we sit back and enjoy a cold drink or beer. We then will fire up the grill and have dinner. By this time the parking lot is pretty empty and we shoot over the interstate to our hotel which is only a couple of miles away. We sleep it off and leave for home around 9:00 the next day.

mredskins 10-15-2008 04:38 PM

[quote=firstdown;490344]Its all in the planning to have a great day at FedEx. I live in the Va Beach area and we leave the house around 7:30am and that puts us just ahead of trafic and we roll into the parking lot around 10:30am (I have a parking pass connection). That gives us 2 good hours to grill out drink some beer and just take in the wave of people cooking drinking. We then go to the game and have a few more beers and enjoy maybe a soft pretz. or some fries. When we return to the car which is around 5:00 pm we sit back and enjoy a cold drink or beer. We then will fire up the grill and have dinner. By this time the parking lot is pretty empty and we shoot over the interstate to our hotel which is only a couple of miles away. We sleep it off and leave for home around 9:00 the next day.[/quote]

yeah if you got that kind of time but to go to a one o'clock game even from MD it is a whole day event. I rather sit back watch it at home and enjoy the rest of my day with the fam. I go to one game a year tops.

Manusky91 10-15-2008 08:31 PM

[quote=mredskins;490271]FedEx is pretty bad IMO. It has no character.[/quote]

You guys obviously have never been to Giants Stadium. Talk about no character, corporate atmosphere, not easy to get to (no metro), $9 beers, and full of Giants fans.

I go down to FedEx once a year from Jersey and I think the atmosphere is great. Of course it's not as good as RFK, but you still get that college atmosphere. Even things that you guys might take for granted I enjoy at FedEx, like the tailgate club. If I'm not going with a bunch of people and maybe just my wife, the tailgate club is a lot of fun. Two years ago I got a picture taken with Ricky Ervins (he's so small, he stood on his tip toes for the picture, and I'm only 5'11")

sportscurmudgeon 10-18-2008 10:35 PM

FedEx is not the worst park in the NFL - - but it is FAR from the best. Don't know how many NFL venues others have been to, but I've been to 19 of the current fields and a bunch of places that no longer exist.

As far as I'm concerned, the St. Louis and New Orleans venues are the worst. Giants Stadium is bad too. SF and Oakland are no treats at all. San Diego is not very good - - except for the weather which is always good. My only visit to Buffalo was to a game in mid-December and that was about as cold as I have ever been in my life so I don't really think I know what Buffalo would be like if the weather were fit for human habitation...

FedEx as a stadium venue has almost nothing about it that is great. It is inconvenient to get to; it is ugly; large portions of the crowds there every weekend are there to be seen at the game and not to see the game; sightlines are good but not special; the sound system is annoying; the video system needs upgrading.

No one in their right mind goes to a pro sporting event in the US and expects to get a reasonably priced drink or really good food served to them. It doesn't happen at FedEx; it doesn't happen anywhere else either.

My favorites are Seattle, Denver, Green Bay and Chicago - - even though the renovation job done in Chicago is a bizarre bit of architecture.