Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Thomas should be the third wideout (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/26028-thomas-should-be-the-third-wideout.html)

TurlockSkinsFan 10-16-2008 12:37 AM

Thomas should be the third wideout

First off, I just want to start by saying this is my first thread so take it easy on me. Ok, so is it just me or should Devin Thomas be the third wideout? I believe that this stretch of games would be perfect for the kid to get some pt. Thrash is good, dependable old, just like your favorite tee-shirt. Great to lounge around the house in, but it's not gonna win you style points with the ladies. With this claim I'm saying that we know what we're getting from Thrash, at this point in his career it's not much. Thomas should be allowed to learn under fire if you will he is clearly more athletic and faster than Thrash let him prove himself. If he fails it keeps old man Thrash fresh for later in the season and at least we know for sure he's not ready. I get a bit envious watching other rooks play well, just give the kid a chance. Thanks for listening everyone.

jamf 10-16-2008 12:41 AM

Re: Thomas should be the third wideout

I would definitely like to see DT play more but at the same time Thrash is a better player right now.

We proved last week that we can't take an opponent for granted, There is no way we should throw him out there just to get some playing time.

Ruhskins 10-16-2008 12:43 AM

When he stops with the offensive pass interferance penalties, he can be #3.

Meks 10-16-2008 01:25 AM

^ good point.

stick to slants reverses and screens for now.... seems everytime hes targeted deep, its an OFF. PI.

Dirtbag59 10-16-2008 01:29 AM

[quote=jamf;490458]I would definitely like to see DT play more but at the same time Thrash is a better player right now.

We proved last week that we can't take an opponent for granted, There is no way we should throw him out there just to get some playing time.[/quote]

Agreed. This isn't Madden we're talking about here. Besides we can afford to be patient, Recievers take a long time to develop and we're doing fine in the passing game with minimal contributions from the rookies.

deathGRINDx 10-16-2008 01:59 AM

He has the size, speed and talent to be a threat, but i cant help but be dissapointed in lack of production.

redskinrob 10-16-2008 07:47 AM

I agree with getting him more involved, but keeping him to the slants and screens. It will build his confidence with some more touches. He could be a factor in the redzone with his size, quick slant or screen with a broken tackle he could do some damage.

Daseal 10-16-2008 08:24 AM

I'd like both of our rookie WRs to get some play time. I agree with plays that raise their confidence and are safe early. Especially if we ever get into a game that we have clear control of, we should target the young guys some.

SkinFan4Life 10-16-2008 08:29 AM

I would like to see JZ call a couple 4 WR sets in obvious running situations and take a couple shots downfield just to keep the D honest.

JLW428 10-16-2008 08:45 AM

[quote=SkinFan4Life;490503]I would like to see JZ call a couple 4 WR sets in obvious running situations and take a couple shots downfield just to keep the D honest.[/quote]

The D stays honest currently because of Santana. This is the reason the CP is leading the league in rushing yards.

Mattyk 10-16-2008 08:51 AM

I see Thomas on the field plenty. He needs to start winning the trust of JC to earn more looks, simple as that.

GPRedskin 10-16-2008 09:46 AM

Once he stops making mistakes then he can be #3. He needs to learn from a true pro like Thrash for a little longer. The future looks bright for DT.

SouperMeister 10-16-2008 10:50 AM

[quote=JLW428;490508]The D stays honest currently because of Santana. This is the reason the CP is leading the league in rushing yards.[/quote]I would like to see Thomas play to keep defenses from completely overcommitting to defend Santana. Thomas is our only other WR with game breaking speed.

Stacks42 10-16-2008 10:54 AM

I've got an idea, Move DT to kick returner, and move Rock to punt returner. That would get him on the field and possibly jump start our punt return game.

[URL="http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/msu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/ThomasCareer.pdf"]http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/msu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/ThomasCareer.pdf[/URL]

CA_Redskins 10-16-2008 11:07 AM

[quote=SkinFan4Life;490503]I would like to see JZ call a couple 4 WR sets in obvious running situations and take a couple shots downfield just to keep the D honest.[/quote]

Um... you must be a big Collins fan. Do you like seeing JC on his back picking grass out of his mouth? This didn't go so great last week.

Our line is having a hard enough time with the pass protection. Now you want to be down a man?

Thomas will develop. He'll get more touches as the season goes. Give it time.