Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Carlos Rogers Having a Pro Bowl Season (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26044)

MTK 10-16-2008 09:57 AM

Carlos Rogers Having a Pro Bowl Season

I haven't made a big enough deal of this, so I'm going to now. Carlos Rogers is playing some stellar football right now. In fact, he has been all season long and is looking every bit like the guy who merited being taken ninth overall. While the other corners in his draft class (Pacman, Antrel Rolle) have flopped, Rogers is living up to his potential.

link: [url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/10/carlos_rogers_having_a_pro_bow.html]Carlos Rogers Having a Pro Bowl Season - Redskins Insider[/url]

GTripp0012 10-16-2008 09:59 AM

Re: Carlos Rogers Having a Pro Bowl Season

Someone called that one...

CA_Redskins 10-16-2008 10:39 AM

Agreed.

He needs to sprinkle some of that magic pixidust on the other DBs.

Every game this season he impresses me.

SouperMeister 10-16-2008 10:45 AM

If he holds onto a few INTs, he will almost certainly get votes. He pretty much shut down Torry Holt, and held T.O. in check the 2nd half at Dallas. He should have had 2 INTs against Eli (one would have been a pick-6), but holding onto the ball has never been Rogers' strength. I am very surprised at how well he moves coming off major knee reconstruction. He is definitely #1 CB material with the way he's playing now.

Stacks42 10-16-2008 10:46 AM

Our DBs need to start making some INTs! CR is doing a great job this year, im still amazed at the fact that he is out there an performing so well after a knee injury like that last year

EternalEnigma21 10-16-2008 11:55 AM

Yep. They're playing stellar pass defense and CR has a lot to do with that. He's in every ones hip pocket on man coverage. Dudes playing spectacularly so far. I've got a highlight vid of him as a rookie and he looked very good then. I think injuries slowed him a bit but he looks great.

skinsnut 10-16-2008 01:08 PM

I agree...I was a bit worried when he had half the field and Torry Holt in front of him late in the game.
They threw to him 3 times in a row and there wasn't another redskin anywhere near them.
Rodgers shut him down...
I am mystified....he is better now than before his career threatening injury.
He is arguably the best player on defense right now.

C'mon out of your shells Carlos Rodgers doubters!!
(I had my doubts too)

12thMan 10-16-2008 01:48 PM

I haven't watched any ball this year, but I'm glad as hell Carlos is stepping up. And coming off knee surgery.

Isn't there some bet between Hessy and Malcolm over a hat? Or was that last year.

Hog1 10-16-2008 01:49 PM

I have had many sleepless nights over Carlos since drafted. Glad to see he has developed into a quality back! He will be able to hold up his end with TO, and Roy

53Fan 10-16-2008 03:03 PM

Carlos has been phenomenal. For the ones always calling someone out, can you see why we don't go around cutting or benching people at the drop of a hat? He's playing as well or better than anyone one in the league. He should be a solid corner for us for years to come.

CrazyCanuck 10-16-2008 03:14 PM

I won't say I'm completely sold yet, but he's been very solid and it's even more impressive coming off the injury.

I still sleep much better when Springs is out there though...

53Fan 10-16-2008 03:42 PM

The thing with Carlos is I think he's matured. More time in the filmroom, less time partying.

mooby 10-16-2008 04:11 PM

I think he's been having a great season too, him and Springs are two great reasons why this team has been able to limit some top passing attacks without much of a pass rush. He is deserving of the Pro Bowl but he won't be going unless he starts picking off more passes, because it's more about stats than it is about performance.

johnerotten 10-16-2008 04:44 PM

he's having an awesome year,but i wish he would learn how to catch the football when it hits him right in his hands.i bet he's dropped 4 pics this season.

VTSkins897 10-16-2008 04:57 PM

carlos rogers having a pro bowl year? not that i'm not happy he's doing well but...

is this a contract year for him?

just a thought...