Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Not So Obvious From the Browns Game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26137)

redsk1 10-20-2008 09:28 AM

The Not So Obvious From the Browns Game

Aside from the obvious...Portis, the Defense, etc I'd like to point out a couple of not so obvious things that caught my eye from yesterday.

I'm quickly jumping on the Chris Horton bandwagon. That dude can play some football. Sure, he might make a couple of mistakes from time to time, but he's a tackling machine.

Why has London Fletcher never been in the pro-bowl? Are you kidding me? If anything supports the fact the Pro Bowl is a little politics this should. No PB's in how many years in the NFL? Fletcher had a monstrous game. The leaping go line play on Lewis was unbelieveble.

Good to see Rock get a couple of touches on O. Didn't look too bad either? Remember a couple years ago when he went over 100 yards on art. turf? Wonder where we play next week?

S.Moss, welcome back. He looked alot better than El too returning punts. Not that I'm too excited about him being back there.

Our new punter Plack might be a little plump but he kicks pretty well. From what the guys from Comcast were saying he kicks a knuckle ball. That can't be easy to do.

Cheers. I'll happily take that win yesterday.

birdz4gibbs 10-20-2008 09:35 AM

Re: The Not So Obvious From the Browns Game

all in all i,ll take the win as well.

MTK 10-20-2008 09:40 AM

LOL the new punter is definitely pretty chunky. His stats weren't great but he did a nice job at pinning the Browns back. Good pickup.

firstdown 10-20-2008 09:44 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;491951]LOL the new punter is definitely pretty chunky. His stats weren't great but he did a nice job at pinning the Browns back. Good pickup.[/quote]
I'm not sold on this new punter as of yet. He did have a couple of nice punts but he also had a few that where not that good. I'm thinking that maybe he just needs to settle in some and will get better next week. Heck he might not even get a chance to punt next week.

Hogroll 10-20-2008 09:50 AM

[quote=firstdown;491954]I'm not sold on this new punter as of yet. He did have a couple of nice punts but he also had a few that where not that good. I'm thinking that maybe he just needs to settle in some and will get better next week. Heck he might not even get a chance to punt next week.[/quote]

With as much punting going on yesterday, all I could think about was "I'm glad Brookes isn't in there". I'm sure we would have provided some good field positions to the Browns had he been in there.

On the chunky note, I made mention to my sons that actually, I kind of like the thought that we have some weight in the back-field if a punt return makes it too far; he doesn't look to fragile to tackle as most do.

mredskins 10-20-2008 10:13 AM

[quote=Hogroll;491955]With as much punting going on yesterday, all I could think about was "I'm glad Brookes isn't in there". I'm sure we would have provided some good field positions to the Browns had he been in there.

On the chunky note, I made mention to my sons that actually, I kind of like the thought that we have some weight in the back-field if a punt return makes it too far; he doesn't look to fragile to tackle as most do.[/quote]

Problem is they are going to blow by his fat ass on the way to the tochdown.

redsk1 10-20-2008 10:27 AM

[quote=mredskins;491970]Problem is they are going to blow by his fat ass on the way to the tochdown.[/quote]

Too funny. Maybe he needs to be a "wedge buster" or the "wedge" itself on kickoff returns.

Daseal 10-20-2008 10:30 AM

If you're relying on your punter to tackle the runner, then you're already in a world of hurt.

Hog1 10-20-2008 10:37 AM

[quote=firstdown;491954]I'm not sold on this new punter as of yet. He did have a couple of nice punts but he also had a few that where not that good. I'm thinking that maybe he just needs to settle in some and will get better next week. Heck he might not even get a chance to punt next week.[/quote]
I think his conditioning is the culprit! He cannot accurately kick eleventeen times per game

SBXVII 10-20-2008 10:52 AM

Not happy with the score, not happy with the fact we play to our opponents level either.

[B]A win is a win[/B] I'll take it any way we can get it.

jamf 10-20-2008 12:18 PM

Another not so obvious moment:
Devin Thomas laying Josh Cribbs out on special teams( Punt Return ).
On another special teams play he basically pushed aside Kareem Moore to chase down their return guy.

I love that this kid plays physical and just loves to play football. Hopefully he can figure out how to run routes and not get caught pushing off...

SmootSmack 10-20-2008 12:23 PM

Golston had a very solid performance. I think there were three or four times he stuffed the rush for virtually no gain.

johnerotten 10-20-2008 12:29 PM

one thing i worry about is the low number of sacks we have as a team.i have a feeling that will eventually bite us in the ass!

MTK 10-20-2008 12:30 PM

I think once Jason Taylor gets back up to speed the sacks will come.

dannyboy1983 10-20-2008 12:33 PM

Portis was beast yesterday. running for 175 and a td. I hope our passing game steps it up next week against the lions. I wanna see lots of points next week. How about Carlos rogers hit on Cribbs. Ouch!

Hail to the redskins