Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Samuels Still Hurting (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26372)

SFREDSKIN 11-01-2008 04:20 PM

Samuels Still Hurting

[url=http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/]Redskins Insider[/url]

I say have the knee scoped now, miss a few games and comeback before the end of the season.

skinsfan_nn 11-01-2008 04:31 PM

Re: Samuels Still Hurting

Bummer. It sounded earlier in the week like it wasn't if it was when the knee would have to be scoped. Then as the week progressed it started to sound like he was improving nicely and he was pushing right thru the pain. I'm much more concerned about this knee problem at this point.

If it has to be done for sure, and he can't play thru the pain. Get it done now it will buy an extra week of recovery with the bye coming up. We will need CS down the stretch/playoff push for sure. Heyer if called on needs to improve (already the weak link) especially this week for the Monday niter if not they will have a sack fest from the left tackle side and blind side blitz the snot out of JC. Those steeler ends already have a bunch of sacks.

DynamiteRave 11-01-2008 05:27 PM

That's really not good, especially going into the Steelers game. Heyer and Jansen (though he saved the game), but mostly Heyer, absolutely cannot play as sloppy as he did last week.

Gmanc711 11-01-2008 05:47 PM

I agree with those that said if he has to get something done, just get it done now. I'd rather have him miss this game and come back for the stretch run...the season isnt riding on this game.

Heyer, if he plays Monday, is going to have to be MUCH better, because this is a really good Steelers defense.

Hog1 11-01-2008 07:20 PM

Not to worry, just the best D in the NFL

53Fan 11-01-2008 07:21 PM

Zorn said it was'nt a structural thing. It was just a matter of how much Samuels could tolerate the pain. I hope this is handled right because we really need Chris down the stretch.

SFREDSKIN 11-01-2008 07:39 PM

[quote=53Fan;496108]Zorn said it was'nt a structural thing. It was just a matter of how much Samuels could tolerate the pain. I hope this is handled right because we really need Chris down the stretch.[/quote]

Yeah, but it was also mentioned that he would need off season surgery. I'm sure it's going in and cleaning up debris, nothing major. A few weeks of rehab and he's back. They should do it now, the man is needed for the stretch. Also they should activate Reinhart and let's what he's got.

MTK 11-01-2008 07:46 PM

Suck it up and play through it

DynamiteRave 11-01-2008 08:04 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;496110]Suck it up and play through it[/quote]

Tell that to Shawn Springs. At least Samuels is really having a knee issue. Springs is being such a cupcake about his calf.

The Goat 11-01-2008 08:30 PM

Sort of wonder what type of pain this is. I used to have loose cartilage behind my knee cap and it only came and went in shooting pain, to the point if my knee was bent I couldn't straighten it. If that's the case for Chris I understand sitting out (and agree w/ everybody he should get the thing cleaned ASAP), but if it's just a dull pain that doesn't really shoot... yeah as the starting LT he'd better be in there to protect JC.

If Heyer has to start I predict he is nervous early and makes a mistake or two but overall it will be a very solid performance. Just my gut but something tells me Heyer will start playing nasty, gritty football in the trenches. I think this kid really wants to make it.

SouperMeister 11-01-2008 10:53 PM

If Samuels can't go, Heyer had better get his butt in gear. He nearly got Campbell killed against the lowly Lion's D on that blindside hit/fumble.

KLHJ2 11-01-2008 11:30 PM

I would reather see Chris do the surgery now. Heyer will get better as he gets more game reps. Heyer has been solid when given the opportunity. I realize that last week wasn't a good one for him, but it was his first game back and he started on the opposite side of where he normally plays. On top of that it was a last minute decision to start him there in the first place. He will play much better when as he recieves the reps both at practice and in the game.

I am not worried, but I would rather see Chris do it now and be healthy later. Like most others said, he is more valuable to us in the playoffs.

dmek25 11-02-2008 07:06 AM

its funny how many people think Samuel's is vastly over rated. but when he might not play, the sky is falling. nothing like taking a good player for granted

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 11-02-2008 09:17 AM

[quote=dmek25;496149]its funny how many people think Samuel's is vastly over rated. but when he might not play, the sky is falling. nothing like taking a good player for granted[/quote]

Frankly, I've never really understood the Samuels is overrated crowd. The man is good in pass protection and run blocking. If Heyer has to face the Steelers, expect to see him give up at least 2 sacks and allow 1 FF. The Steelers defense is going to eat his breakfast, lunch and dinner.

MTK 11-02-2008 11:50 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;496114]Tell that to Shawn Springs. At least Samuels is really having a knee issue. Springs is being such a cupcake about his calf.[/quote]

Different kind of injury. Samuels is just cartilage, no structural damage. A muscle strain is torn muscle and can only worsen if you try to play on it too soon.