Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Non-presidental elections this ballot (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26443)

firstdown 12-01-2008 03:25 PM

Re: Non-presidental elections this ballot

[quote=saden1;505933]Goode lost the election but he might actually [URL="http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/1108/Wade_claims_to_have_given_info_on_corrupt_lawmakers_to_Justice_Dept.html?showall"]end up losing his freedom[/URL]. Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow. Toss in Katherine Harris and you just got to scream "Karma is a Bitch!"[/quote]
Well maybe you should read the article before you posted it.

"There is no evidence that Harris or Goode, who lost re-election bids in 2006 and 2008 respectively, engaged in any illegal behavior in response to the contributions, according to DOJ."

saden1 12-01-2008 04:09 PM

[quote=firstdown;506268]Well maybe you should read the article before you posted it.

"There is no evidence that Harris or Goode, who lost re-election bids in 2006 and 2008 respectively, engaged in any illegal behavior in response to the contributions, according to DOJ."[/quote]

I read what I post and I am a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty. Having said that it would please me immensely to see those two in handcuffs. If the DOJ decides, however, to go after them you better believe they're screwed.

firstdown 12-01-2008 04:51 PM

[quote=saden1;506298]I read what I post and I am a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty. Having said that it would please me immensely to see those two in handcuffs. If the DOJ decides, however, to go after them you better believe they're screwed.[/quote]
Goode is in VA and what has he ever done for you to want him in jail?

saden1 12-01-2008 07:44 PM

[quote=firstdown;506317]Goode is in VA and what has he ever done for you to want him in jail?[/quote]

While I may no longer live in Virginia I know all about Virgil Goode. He represents the worse of America. He is a first class fear and hate monger. He hates immigrants, he hates Muslims, and he believes himself to represent real America and real Virginia.

[quote]In a [URL="http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2006/12/muslim-congressman-goode-has-lot-to.html"]letter released to CNN[/URL] Wednesday, Goode wrote in part to a constituent, "I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way. The Muslim representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran."[/quote]

Daseal 12-02-2008 03:58 PM

I haven't been following politics much lately. Have they figured out who won the Minnesota race yet?

hooskins 12-02-2008 04:42 PM

[quote=firstdown;506317]Goode is in VA and what has he ever done for you to want him in jail?[/quote]

Goode is a bigot. I am in the 5th district, so I feel I can comment on him. Although he won't get in trouble for accepting illegal contributions, that is minor on my list.

he is very racist and supports a strong cut on immigration from all places beside Western Europe (aka cutting all colored and non-anglo immigration). he was very upset the representative from Minnesota was swearing on the Koran(Jefferson's version of it I may add) because he fears Muslims are taking over Congress. It's one freaking person! And he was born in the US and was fairly elected according to the Constitution. Clearly his AMERICAN district supports him.

Firstdown I am sorry but that is racism to me, and there is no place for that in the United States. I sincerely hope you don't share those views. Because if you do that means you don't support me and my family. My parents immigrated here(not from Europe) and the love this country. My uncle serves the Army and was wounded in Iraq. People like Goode didn't want my Uncle in this country.

hooskins 12-02-2008 04:44 PM

[quote=saden1;506351]While I may no longer live in Virginia I know all about Virgil Goode. He represents the worse of America. He is a first class fear and hate monger. He hates immigrants, he hates Muslims, and he believes himself to represent real America and real Virginia.[/quote]

I haven't always agreed with saden, but he is spot on here.

firstdown 12-02-2008 05:43 PM

[quote=hooskins;506682]Goode is a bigot. I am in the 5th district, so I feel I can comment on him. Although he won't get in trouble for accepting illegal contributions, that is minor on my list.

he is very racist and supports a strong cut on immigration from all places beside Western Europe (aka cutting all colored and non-anglo immigration). he was very upset the representative from Minnesota was swearing on the Koran(Jefferson's version of it I may add) because he fears Muslims are taking over Congress. It's one freaking person! And he was born in the US and was fairly elected according to the Constitution. Clearly his AMERICAN district supports him.

Firstdown I am sorry but that is racism to me, and there is no place for that in the United States. I sincerely hope you don't share those views. Because if you do that means you don't support me and my family. My parents immigrated here(not from Europe) and the love this country. My uncle serves the Army and was wounded in Iraq. People like Goode didn't want my Uncle in this country.[/quote]

Well from what I read after your post it sounds more like he is against illegal immigration. So did your family come here legally?[url=http://immigrationstance.diggersrealm.com/va/representative_virgil_goodes_record_on_immigration_reform_and_illegal_aliens.html]Representative Virgil Goode's Record On Immigration Reform And Illegal Aliens[/url]

I'm not saying he is or he is not what you called him I was just looking for some other info about his views.

saden1 12-02-2008 06:15 PM

He's more than anti illegal immigration. His speech speaks for itself but it seems to me he is anti Muslims and non-caucasian people. On what grounds can one approve of allowing immigration only from western countries? Or use the election of a Muslim to congress as a launchpad to attack illegal immigration?

It's people like him that contributed to the make up of the [URL="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15259.html"]all white party[/URL] that is the GOP.