Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Washington Capitals 2008-2009 ongoing thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26508)

skinsfan_nn 11-08-2008 10:02 PM

Washington Capitals 2008-2009 ongoing thread

Another HUGE win tonight against the best the league has to offer the Rangers. With a 3-1 final.

Brent Johnson is playing great between the pipes the puck must look like a beach ball! He is playing out of this world! Theo is going to have to step it up, or he will be on the bench more than he planned.

And Alex Semin is on fire this season for starters. No worries the GREAT 8 will get it going sooner rather than later and I have a feeling it will come in big chunks.

Overall these last couple of really big wins have reinforced this team is going to be a force to reckon with this season. Lets keep rolling!

LETS GO CAPS!

[url=http://capitals.nhl.com/]Washington Capitals - The Official Web Site[/url]

wolfeskins 11-08-2008 11:35 PM

Re: Washington Capitals 2008-2009 ongoing thread

yea, that was a good game tonight. how did you like that empty netter by semin ? that was pretty sweet. the game wed night was fantastic. it had a faster tempo then tonights game which is what i prefer, good transition up and down the ice. two big wins for the caps. your right on about johnson , he is playing at a high level right now. hopefully he can keep it up and the caps can keep winning.

skinsfan_nn 11-09-2008 01:08 AM

[quote=wolfeskins;498988]yea, that was a good game tonight.[B] how did you like that empty netter by semin[/B] ? that was pretty sweet. the game wed night was fantastic. it had a faster tempo then tonights game which is what i prefer, good transition up and down the ice. two big wins for the caps. your right on about johnson , he is playing at a high level right now. hopefully he can keep it up and the caps can keep winning.[/quote]

The full length of the ice right in the kisser! Doesn't get much better to seal the deal.

Very SWEET! As stated he is on fire, and leading the league or tied in most categories. Keep it up the other Alex!

skinsfan_nn 11-10-2008 06:09 PM

Kolzig heads back to DC to face old team, that he spent almost 20 years with. I wish him the very best on most nights except tonight. Keep rolling CAPS!

Posted at 4:20 PM ET, 11/10/2008
Kolzig Praises Johnson, Semin

In case you didn't already know, Olie Kolzig and Brent Johnson aren't just former teammates, they are very good friends and have remained in close contact with one another. Because of that, Kolzig had plenty of positive things to say about Johnson, who was named the NHL's third star of the week.

"At dinner last night, I told him how proud I was of him," Kolzig said of Johnson. "And how he's really emerged as a goaltender since he first came here four years ago from Vancouver. I'm really proud to see the way he's playing."

"The way I look at it, I hope we win 1-0," Kolzig added. "He plays well and I play a little bit better, and we're both happy."
Kolzig also had some interesting things to say about Alexander Semin's early season outburst and compared his talent level with Alex Ovechkin's.

Semin "had some injury issues last season," Kolzig said. "I'm sure at the beginning of [this season] people really focused on Ovie, which has allowed Alex Semin a little more room. You give that kid room and ... I've always said he's probably a little more talented than Ovie. He just might not have that intangible that Ovie has."

You mean more skill?

"Yeah," Kolzig added. "It's his release. He can change his angle any which way. If a D-man is standing in front of him, and you think the D-man has the shot blocked, he'll just toe-drag it a little bit and give himself a better angle and still get it off as hard. He uses the D really well as screen. He comes hard and fast, so you just hope you get a piece of it or it misses the net."

757SkinsGirl 11-18-2008 01:15 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;498976] Theo is going to have to step it up, or he will be on the bench more than he planned. [/quote]

I'm still on the fence as to my thoughts on Theo. Some games, he impresses me, and others, I find myself *headdesk*...

[quote=skinsfan_nn;498976]LETS GO CAPS! [/quote]

For sure!!!

dmek25 11-18-2008 01:22 PM

welcome to the board, 757 :)

757SkinsGirl 11-18-2008 01:25 PM

:) Thanks

757SkinsGirl 11-18-2008 01:29 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;499377]Kolzig heads back to DC to face old team, that he spent almost 20 years with. I wish him the very best on most nights except tonight. Keep rolling CAPS!

[/quote]

Did you see the fan standing at the boards with the sign that read "Welcome Back Olie" ??

I wasn't sure if that was heart felt or...

I was also kinda miffed when Huet did not return. I thought he was a beast.

skinsfan_nn 11-18-2008 07:05 PM

[quote=757SkinsGirl;502091]Did you see the fan standing at the boards with the sign that read "Welcome Back Olie" ??

I wasn't sure if that was heart felt or...

I was also kinda miffed when Huet did not return. I thought he was a beast.[/quote]

I did. I really think they truly where heart felt IMO. The guy was the heart and soul of the club for almost 20 seasons, he deserves. CLASS ACT!

Now don't get me wrong......glad we stashed 3 in on him in just the 1st but thats business. After we WON the game. Lotta love in DC for Olie.

Huet on the other hand. Yes did a great job. Probably was the KEY factor in us getting in the playoffs last season...but that was some real BS the whole contract ordeal. From what I read his wife made the final choice for them to get out of DC AND they way they dragged there feet about making the choice and holding the team up was hosed.

And furthermore, he never wanted to stay here to begin with per all accounts that I read on the Capital Insider.

skinsfan_nn 11-18-2008 07:15 PM

Here's a good read on the Heut/Green ordeal.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/01/AR2008070102940.html?nav=rss_sports/capitals]Green Stays, Huet Goes - washingtonpost.com[/url]

757SkinsGirl 11-19-2008 06:59 AM

Huh. Interesting.

skinsfan_nn 11-19-2008 10:31 PM

Caps on the west coast swing. Tonight they go DUCK hunting. Caps up 3-1 early in the 1st.

Go CAPS!

[url=http://capitals.nhl.com/]Washington Capitals - The Official Web Site[/url]

757SkinsGirl 11-20-2008 06:21 PM

I missed the game last night, but watched some clips this morning. Here's hoping I can stay up to watch tonight. I don't much like the 10:30 games. :(

wolfeskins 11-20-2008 07:37 PM

good game last night. the caps can definately score some goals, which is a good thing, because theodore can definatley give up some goals. i wish johnson would return to the goaltending duties, he seems to be playing with great confidence.

PennSkinsFan 12-03-2008 11:53 AM

[url=http://dcprosportsreport.com/?p=2032]Boudreau Hammers Caps Effort | DC Pro Sports Report -- Sports news, stats and analysis from the capital of the free world[/url]

Team looked pretty flat last night according to Bruce Boudreau. Fortunately, it wasn't ion TV so we did not have to suffer through seeing it. There has to be some player accountability and we need to get some health, some good health news for a change.