Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   N Y Giants release a Statement (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26866)

Giantone 11-29-2008 04:20 PM

N Y Giants release a Statement

Stolen from the Giant Zone.

[B][I]Saturday November 29, 2008, 2:29 PM[/I][/B]

[I][B]Here's the Giants' statement, released only a few minutes ago:[/B][/I]

[I][B]"We are aware of the fact that Plaxico was involved in an apparent accidental shooting last night. We have been in contact with Plaxico since shortly after the incident. Plaxico suffered a wound to his right thigh. Obviously, our primary concern is for the douchebags health and well-being, and given the circumstances, we are relieved to say he was released from a New York City hospital at approximately 2 p.m. today. We have been in touch with NFL Security on this matter. At this point, we are attempting to gather all the facts surrounding this incident. This incident could become a matter for law enforcement officials, and because of that, we have no comment on any of the details."[/B][/I]
[B][/B]
[B][/B]
[B][I]...............:hitfan::cussing::censored:[/I][/B]

firstdown 11-29-2008 04:23 PM

Re: N Y Giants release a Statement

I heard he went to the bar and ordered a shot.

Giantone 11-29-2008 04:26 PM

[quote=firstdown;504837]I heard he went to the bar and ordered a shot.[/quote]

:goodjob::laughing-

jamf 11-29-2008 04:52 PM

[quote=firstdown;504837]I heard he went to the bar and ordered a shot.[/quote]

AHAHAHAH!

53Fan 11-29-2008 04:55 PM

You guys are making it very, very hard not to laugh about this. :laughing-

WaldSkins 11-29-2008 05:02 PM

How can't you laugh about it, he shot himself????

Giantone 11-29-2008 06:08 PM

[quote=53Fan;504850]You guys are making it very, very hard not to laugh about this. :laughing-[/quote]

Thank God we can make fun,what he did was dumb and in all likelyhood end his career with the Giants.

wolfeskins 11-29-2008 06:12 PM

[quote=Giantone;504866]Thank God we can make fun,what he did was dumb and in all likelyhood end his career with the Giants.[/quote]

wow, do you really think his time with the giants is over after this season ? i didn't really think about it till i read your post.

GMScud 11-29-2008 06:21 PM

[quote=wolfeskins;504867]wow, do you really think his time with the giants is over after this season ? i didn't really think about it till i read your post.[/quote]

I don't know what kind of legalese in is his contract as far as prohibited behavior, but the Giants gave him a $35M extension right before this season started. I would think cutting him would be a huge hit to their salary cap space for 2009.

wolfeskins 11-29-2008 06:27 PM

[quote=GMScud;504869]I don't know what kind of legalese in is his contract as far as prohibited behavior, but the Giants gave him a $35M extension right before this season started. I would think cutting him would be a huge hit to their salary cap space for 2009.[/quote]

yea, i was wondering about that. if they truly want to get rid of him, maybe they could try to trade him.(if there is a team that would take him)

LMsexyAO 11-29-2008 06:39 PM

[quote=wolfeskins;504870]yea, i was wondering about that. if they truly want to get rid of him, maybe they could try to trade him.(if there is a team that would take him)[/quote]

It's a lose-lose situation for the Giants. He's a great talent at a position in which they just don't have that much depth. You can't cut him because of the salary cap, can't trade him unless you're getting another quality WR in return, and who knows if you'll be able to even play him if he gets suspended.

I bet the Giants draft a WR in the first round this year, that's for sure.

53Fan 11-29-2008 06:41 PM

[quote=GMScud;504869]I don't know what kind of legalese in is his contract as far as prohibited behavior, but the Giants gave him a $35M extension right before this season started. I would think cutting him would be a huge hit to their salary cap space for 2009.[/quote]

You know this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. You reward a player with a big contract and he pays you back by not coming to practice, being a prima donna, and a total distraction to the team. All contracts should have a behavior clause to keep players from pulling this kind of crap.

Giantone 11-29-2008 06:45 PM

[quote=wolfeskins;504867]wow, do you really think his time with the giants is over after this season ? i didn't really think about it till i read your post.[/quote]

Without a doubt,the'll trade him to someone outside the divison for a draft pick but he will never play for New York again...........bank on it!

53Fan 11-29-2008 06:50 PM

[quote=Giantone;504874]Without a doubt,the'll trade him to someone outside the divison for a draft pick but he will never play for New York again...........bank on it![/quote]

Too bad the Cowgirls just got R. Williams Giantone, they probably would have given you 12 picks for him. :)

HAILItsGAMEDAY 11-29-2008 06:50 PM

He's done for the year without a doubt