Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins vs. Giants Official Game Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26871)

53Fan 11-30-2008 11:53 AM

Re: Redskins vs. Giants Official Game Thread

[quote=LMsexyAO;504976]Even more good news!!!

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/11/inactives_-_fletcher_and_carte.html]Fletcher, Carter Will Start - Redskins Insider[/url][/quote]

Fred Robbins is out for NY. Rabach's job just got a little easier.

Ijaeger 11-30-2008 11:58 AM

wtf? they just said D. hall will start for Springs? are you effin' kiddin' me?

GMScud 11-30-2008 12:00 PM

[quote=Ijaeger;504982]wtf? they just said D. hall will start for Springs? are you effin' kiddin' me?[/quote]

Huh? Who said that??

Ijaeger 11-30-2008 12:02 PM

[quote=GMScud;504983]Huh? Who said that??[/quote]

nfl network, man I hope it's a mistake cause if not dude should give half his paycheck back.

GMScud 11-30-2008 12:12 PM

[quote=Ijaeger;504984]nfl network, man I hope it's a mistake cause if not dude should give half his paycheck back.[/quote]

Seriously. Springs is so good when healthy, but he's a cupcake when it comes to injury. He's been that way his entire career.

charlielyons 11-30-2008 12:14 PM

i hope we see some production from campbell. hes not making mistakes, but hes not producing like a starter in the NFL should. i know ill catch some flack for this but he looks like a solid back up to this point.

Stuck in TX 11-30-2008 12:17 PM

Yeah we should let Springs play their number two guy. Hall has speed and with the help we have on our defense, I think he can be effective

LMsexyAO 11-30-2008 12:22 PM

[quote=GMScud;504986]Seriously. Springs is so good when healthy, but he's a cupcake when it comes to injury. He's been that way his entire career.[/quote]

Does that mean Springs will be playing safety maybe? I wouldn't mind seeing some Cobra packages with Springs, Landry, and Horton.

53Fan 11-30-2008 12:25 PM

[quote=LMsexyAO;504991]Does that mean Springs will be playing safety maybe? I wouldn't mind seeing some Cobra packages with Springs, Landry, and Horton.[/quote]

That's what I'm thinking.

GMScud 11-30-2008 12:27 PM

[quote=LMsexyAO;504991]Does that mean Springs will be playing safety maybe? I wouldn't mind seeing some Cobra packages with Springs, Landry, and Horton.[/quote]

We may use some Cobra today, but not as our starting lineup. Our starting D is always listed as the traditional 4-3-4 set up. 2 DEs, 2 DTs, 3 LBs, 2 CBs, 2 Safeties.

I'd love to hear more about this Hall over Springs thing. This is the first time in 5 years I'm stuck working on a Sunday and will miss the game. F*CK. I'm TiVo-ing it and will follow online.

Ijaeger 11-30-2008 12:28 PM

I have heard springs say he's more comfortable on the bigger receivers as opposed to smaller, speedier types. maybe he's not comfortable covering Plax's backup (hixon?)

charlielyons 11-30-2008 12:30 PM

im not to worried about there passing game in general....eli doesnt ever light us up. we have to stop the ground attack and protect campbell or we will lose

12thMan 11-30-2008 12:42 PM

[quote=charlielyons;504987]i hope we see some production from campbell. hes not making mistakes, but hes not producing like a starter in the NFL should. i know ill catch some flack for this but he looks like a solid back up to this point.[/quote]

You're right, Charlie. You're going to catch some flack for this. Espcially since you can't name four quarterbacks in the NCF not named Drew Brees or Kurt Warner you'd rather have starting for you club right now.

Back up! Back up! Give me a break!

charlielyons 11-30-2008 12:45 PM

[quote=12thMan;505009]You're right, Charlie. You're going to catch some flack for this. Espcially since you can't name four quarterbacks in the NCF not named Drew Brees or Kurt Warner you'd rather have starting for you club right now.

Back up! Back up! Give me a break![/quote]
there are plenty of QBS that i would rather have starting.

12thMan 11-30-2008 12:47 PM

[quote=charlielyons;505011]there are plenty of QBS that i would rather have starting.[/quote]

other than the two I named, give me four. Shoot, name three quarterbacks in the NFC better than Campbell. Three?