Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Portis, Fletch, Moss The Rest no heart (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=26898)

Stacks42 11-30-2008 11:48 PM

Portis, Fletch, Moss The Rest no heart

The skins arent playing with any heart. Play for the fans, play for the $, play for the playoffs, or at least play for your fallen former teammate ST 21. Show some F-ing heart!!!

saden1 11-30-2008 11:50 PM

Re: Portis, Fletch, Moss The Rest no heart

Moss? WTF did he do except steal a pack-check this weekend?

hooskins 11-30-2008 11:51 PM

Sellers doesn't have heart?

I think they all do but we are stuck in a slump right now. A win next week would help a lot.

GTripp0012 11-30-2008 11:51 PM

Heart? They actually "left it all on the field". You just have to go back after the game and check for it.

See, cliches work both ways.

MTK 12-01-2008 12:06 AM

Define playing with heart.

prinzeofmoval 12-01-2008 12:39 AM

I seen no urgency out there today. Remember a few years back when the Giants old owner passed the came out with guns blazing against us. From kickoff i knew we were gonna lose. Today I thought hey ST banner day,done deal we're gonna destroy them but it looked like the other way around today. Even when we were down with 4 mins left we played with no urgency.

GTripp0012 12-01-2008 12:46 AM

Uh, none of that stuff matters once they get between the lines. The tribute is likely to get a lot of players in the mood to play, but once Eli completes a pass on third down, emotion gives way to adjustments and fun stuff like that.

I don't buy the fact that we lost 36-0 three years ago because some old guy who had a rooting/ownership interest in the Giants died. I don't care how good of a guy he was. Total media creation.

Mr.Redskin 12-01-2008 01:12 AM

[quote=Stacks42;506036]The skins arent playing with any heart. Play for the fans, play for the $, play for the playoffs, or at least play for your fallen former teammate ST 21. Show some F-ing heart!!![/quote]

I absolutely agree with you. B/c what you say indicates you are totally clueless. Words have meaning to examine. Its ok, just take more time to articulate your feelings more. I think you meant to express your hurt feelings about today. What you actually did was insult the team on an emotional day that you lay claim to be concerned with.

But speak up your consciousness to what little you perceive.

53Fan 12-01-2008 02:31 AM

Playing with heart doesn't always get you a win.

djnemo65 12-01-2008 07:01 AM

Snore. Great hard-hitting analysis Stacks.

SeanTaGodsSafety 12-01-2008 08:52 AM

I agree we get punched in the mouth and dont punch back. I got Chris Pauls next parody song idea...................Heartless by Kanye West. We got ateam that is Heartless. (thats in my sing voice)LOL

redsk1 12-01-2008 08:57 AM

The Giants are FAR superior in talent and execution. That has nothing to do w/ heart.

Just an example: Giants WR's consist of Burress (of course didn't play yesterday), Toomer, Hixon, Steve Smith (2nd year), S. Moss.

How much better are they than the Skins WR's? Alot. We'll see how Thomas and Kelly progress as they have some upside but right now, they're alot better.

Their Oline? Maybe the best in the NFL.

hooskins 12-01-2008 08:59 AM

This debate is kinda stupid, obviously the Skins had a ton of emotion but we played like shit and got beaten by better players.

Lot more to do with skill and one-on-one battles. hell I want to be the best football player in the world, but I highly doubt I will be. Does that make me have no heart?

MTK 12-01-2008 09:04 AM

At the end of the day heart only gets you so far. Football comes down to the basics of tackling, blocking, passing, and running the ball. The Giants are simply a better team and did a better job at the basics. If you want heart watch Rudy or something.

FRPLG 12-01-2008 09:26 AM

It's always easier to blame one single thing when a team fails because ONE thing can be easily changed. In this case "heart". But in reality our issues are far more complicated and varied. "Heart" has little to do with the fact that our lines are old and slow, our QB isn't making plays, and our receivers don't get open. It isn't "heart" that is causing those problems.