Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Thread Hell (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on..... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=27018)

skins4life25 12-06-2008 02:29 PM

Re: WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Sorry, I should have been more specific. That was directed at the people who seem to think that he is either A) Top 3 or 4 in the league (I know I read that somewhere on here) or B) Think he is better than Rogers or Springs.

A lot worse people have gotten two picks in 3 games. We're just so used to not seeing that sort of production, that we have exalted him already. Another reason why he has those picks is because teams gameplan to throw at him. He's had more chances.

Who was getting the safety help in Oakland? Nnamdi Asomugha? Hardly.

He has great hands and athleticism but he finds in himself in bad positions constantly. I will say that he has been better since he's been here. Maybe all the acting out he did in Atlanta and Oakland, that led to his sloppy play and departures, is being curbed by our veteran locker room. If he truly wants to be here, great. As long as it's not a crazy contract, I'm all for it. Those that think he's better than Springs or Rogers (even with stone hands) are sorely mistaken (was that better than idiot?).

I agree, the rules are against them. With wideouts turning into DE's with 4.3 speed and the corners can't touch them it's a losing effort most times. Meanwhile star wide receivers can push off every time (unless you're a rook getting no respect, welcome to the league Thomas). Which is why it's even more important to be technically sound, something that he will never be accused of.

hooskins 12-06-2008 02:32 PM

I agree with your post skins4life, hall is wayy overrated.

Also the coaching staff is eager to put him in as the 3rd CB, while moving Springs to safety. Bad idea IMO because Smoot can't cover a number 2 receiver worth shit.

dmek25 12-06-2008 04:02 PM

the people jumping all over Hall's coverage skills amaze me. alot of them are the same people that wanted Fred Smoot back. Hall isn't a top tier corner.but he is a huge upgrade over Smoot. and Springs is just down right undependable. i say keep him, at a reasonable price. if he wants more then that, goodbye

Boston Brave 12-06-2008 04:12 PM

Front office and coaches (and the fans) had 4 more regular season games to decide.

Defensewins 12-06-2008 04:42 PM

Smoot needs to be on the bench. Springs, Rogers, Hall then Smoot. Smoot is the weakest link.

WaldSkins 12-06-2008 04:43 PM

[quote=hooskins;507646]Did you not watch the game? Picks are great and I love Dhall for them but he got burned ATLEAST 4 times. And his pick wasn't anything brilliant either, it was a bad throw.

Is he better than Smoot? Sure, but not [B]Springs[/B] or even close to Rogers.[/quote]

Well springs only plays 4 games a year.

Dirtbag59 12-06-2008 05:16 PM

[quote=jrocx69;507647]we need a 3-4 d.... with those corners and taylor and carter on the ends would spell touble for alot of teams offenses. dump washington and rocky and fletcher in the middle.

we need to draft a stout NT.[/quote]

I doubt Blache would switch to a 3-4 but as far as NT's go Montgomery is a perfect fit. In fact the possibility of a 3-4 is quite entertaining in my eyes though it's probably nothing more then mental masturbation. Anyway heres how it would probably look. Pretty intersting when you think about it but Blache is a proud man who is currently in command of a top 5 defense (unless the Giants did something about that).

CB - C. Rogers
CB - D. Hall
FS - L. Landry
SS - C. Horton

LDE - K. Golston
NT - A. Montgomery
RDE - C. Griffin

LOLB - J. Taylor
ROLB - A. Carter
SILB - L. Fletcher
WILB -R. McIntosh

GTripp0012 12-06-2008 05:41 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;507731]I doubt Blache would switch to a 3-4 but as far as NT's go Montgomery is a perfect fit. In fact the possibility of a 3-4 is quite entertaining in my eyes though it's probably nothing more then mental masturbation. Anyway heres how it would probably look. Pretty intersting when you think about it but Blache is a proud man who is currently in command of a top 5 defense (unless the Giants did something about that).

CB - C. Rogers
CB - D. Hall
FS - L. Landry
SS - C. Horton

LDE - K. Golston
NT - A. Montgomery
RDE - C. Griffin

LOLB - J. Taylor
ROLB - A. Carter
SILB - L. Fletcher
WILB -R. McIntosh[/quote]Carter would be a DE even in the 3-4. I know he played OLB for Nolan and Singletary in SF, but either way he's out of position. Still, he's more stout than people give him credit for. I'm not sure that Golston is a 3-4 DE either. Seems like more of a backup nose tackle to me. Evans would be the ideal 3-4 end, as would Daniels. I'm not sure who you would take out though, you'd probably just rotate the linemen.

Blades, I think would probably play next to Fletch on the inside, and then McIntosh would be the outside linebacker opposite Taylor.

GTripp0012 12-06-2008 05:45 PM

[quote=dmek25;507720]the people jumping all over Hall's coverage skills amaze me. alot of them are the same people that wanted Fred Smoot back. Hall isn't a top tier corner.but he is a huge upgrade over Smoot. and Springs is just down right undependable. [B]i say keep him, at a reasonable price. if he wants more then that, goodbye[/B][/quote]I agree that Hall brings things to the table that Smoot does not.

But the bold part is the key here: does that sound like the Redskins to you? Letting a marketable athlete go because he wants more money than his play on the field dicates he should get?

Hall is worth way more to Snyder in terms of $ than he's worth on the field. Ideally, DeAngelo Hall would be our nickelback, sell a bunch of jerseys, and return kicks for us. Realistically, he's our often toasted second corner of the future.

hagams 12-06-2008 06:05 PM

One thing we've got to remember about Hall, is that he's playing as if he's in a contract year. He's pushing, and he's hungry right now to prove himself with a team who's giving him a chance. If he decides to stay hungry, then I would give him another year. I think the FO will handle this properly, and not jump to a big contract. Keep him in a position to prove himself.

dmek25 12-06-2008 06:11 PM

gtripp, any idea on why the skins aren't letting Hall have a crack at returning some punts?

NIKNIK_28 12-06-2008 06:46 PM

All of us idiots? Yeah, and all of the idiots that voted him to 2 pro bowls as well, dumbass

horse 12-06-2008 07:44 PM

He's got the one thing our dbs don't a nose for the ball, Looks like he's doing well for us. And if he's the 3rd corner on our team he's hands down the best nickel corner in the league.

DynamiteRave 12-06-2008 08:48 PM

[quote=skins4life25;507710]Sorry, I should have been more specific. That was directed at the people who seem to think that he is either A) Top 3 or 4 in the league (I know I read that somewhere on here) or [B]B) Think he is better than Rogers or Springs.[/B]

A lot worse people have gotten two picks in 3 games. We're just so used to not seeing that sort of production, that we have exalted him already. Another reason why he has those picks is because teams gameplan to throw at him. He's had more chances.

Who was getting the safety help in Oakland? Nnamdi Asomugha? Hardly.

He has great hands and athleticism but he finds in himself in bad positions constantly. I will say that he has been better since he's been here. Maybe all the acting out he did in Atlanta and Oakland, that led to his sloppy play and departures, is being curbed by our veteran locker room. If he truly wants to be here, great. As long as it's not a crazy contract, I'm all for it. Those that think he's better than Springs or Rogers (even with stone hands) are sorely mistaken (was that better than idiot?).

I agree, the rules are against them. With wideouts turning into DE's with 4.3 speed and the corners can't touch them it's a losing effort most times. Meanwhile star wide receivers can push off every time (unless you're a rook getting no respect, welcome to the league Thomas). Which is why it's even more important to be technically sound, something that he will never be accused of.[/quote]

I honestly haven't seen more than maybe a handful of people (if that) saying that Hall is better than Springs or Rogers.

Its obvious Hall isn't the CB he was when he came into the league but he's decent. I don't know why people are trying to treat him like the second coming of Deion Sanders.

GTripp0012 12-06-2008 10:42 PM

[quote=dmek25;507738]gtripp, any idea on why the skins aren't letting Hall have a crack at returning some punts?[/quote]No, other than the fact that Danny Smith isn't a huge fan.

Zorn's probably more satisfied with a receiver back there anyway. I get the vibe that they are okay with the lack of production we get from that unit because it doesn't turn the ball over.