Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   What are you going to eat for the Super Bowl? (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/28157-what-you-going-eat-super-bowl.html)

Trample the Elderly 01-30-2009 12:14 PM

What are you going to eat for the Super Bowl?

And now something totally different.

I'm debating what I should cook for the game. I was thinking Fajitas or possibly some ribs.

It would probably be easier to go down to the Golden Skillet and pick up a box of chicken, but that would take the fun out of cooking.

Pizza is good but I usually end up burning the crust. I'm not a hambuger or hot dog guy, but I could really go for some Polish Sausages with hot mustard.

I'd like jalepeno poppers but they put my women folk on the toilet.

What sayeth the Mob?

ArtMonkDrillz 01-30-2009 01:25 PM

Re: What are you going to eat for the Super Bowl?

I'm no cook, but I'll be making some pretty good buffalo chicken dip to bring over to my parents'.

Other than that we'll probably have the standard fare: hot dogs; burgers; chicken; etc.

firstdown 01-30-2009 01:25 PM

We are staying home for the SB this year and I think I'm going to grill up some spare ribs on the webber. I'll get them started around 2:30 and let them smoke/slow cook on the grill until the game gets going. If not ribs I'll probably slow cook some chicken wings and when they are done I'll mix them up in 50/50 mixture of Anchore Dail and tobasco hot wing sauce.

GMScud 01-30-2009 01:30 PM

My Mom is from Western PA not too far from Pittsburgh and is a Steelers fan. She is having a party at her house, and man can she cook. So far, in addition to the normal chips/dip type appetizers, the menu includes a few different flavors of chicken wings, homemade lasagna, chili, and plenty of ice cold Stella Artois. I can't friggin wait. I plan on being in a full-blown food coma by halftime.

Slingin Sammy 33 01-30-2009 01:52 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;524074]Pizza is good but I usually end up burning the crust. I'm not a hambuger or hot dog guy, but I could really go for some [B]Polish Sausages with hot mustard.[/B]
[/quote]
Good call on the Polish Sausages. My wife makes this meatball and Lil Smokies thing in the crockpot for me every Super Bowl with a homemade sweet BBQ sauce, it's ketchup, brown sugar and a bunch of other stuff. Beef & Cheese dip with Tostitos Scoops....can't wait.

firstdown...those ribs sound good too.

mredskins 01-30-2009 02:00 PM

This is what is nice about not having the Skins in the SB (probably the only thing) I would be to nervous to eat anything!

Since the Skins are out will be having sausge balls, wings, pizza, dip, etc...The kicker is my party will be like from 3pm to sevenish...Both me and my sister have young babies so we need to have them tucked in early. Brother in law and I will have to drink it up next year.

EternalEnigma21 01-30-2009 02:34 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;524096]Good call on the Polish Sausages. My wife makes this meatball and Lil Smokies thing in the crockpot for me every Super Bowl with a homemade sweet BBQ sauce, it's ketchup, brown sugar and a bunch of other stuff. Beef & Cheese dip with Tostitos Scoops....can't wait.

firstdown...those ribs sound good too.[/quote]

yeah we'll do a similar fare, along with rumaki, sausage balls (the bisquick kind) guacamole, and usually a cheese platter of some sort. we just do the appetizer thing and drink large amounts of Guinness.

Im kinda bummed. we were going to go out this year and watch, but there's no place in warrenton to go, really. they had that "wing fanatic" place that used to be the locker room, but i guess they're closed as well.

GMScud 01-30-2009 02:44 PM

[quote=EternalEnigma21;524112]yeah we'll do a similar fare, along with rumaki, sausage balls (the bisquick kind) guacamole, and usually a cheese platter of some sort. we just do the appetizer thing and drink large amounts of Guinness.

[B]Im kinda bummed. we were going to go out this year and watch[/B], but there's no place in warrenton to go, really. they had that "wing fanatic" place that used to be the locker room, but i guess they're closed as well.[/quote]

I've done both in past years- gone out to bar and grill, and stayed in and cooked with friends/family. I think it's more fun to stay home and do the cooking thing. For one it's cheaper (especially if you're drinking), and there's something about being on your own turf doing your thing with those closest to you. I love SuperBowl Sunday. Man I'm psyched.

NM Redskin 01-30-2009 02:50 PM

sub sandwich.

Mattyk 01-30-2009 03:05 PM

[quote=EternalEnigma21;524112]yeah we'll do a similar fare, along with rumaki, sausage balls (the bisquick kind) guacamole, and usually a cheese platter of some sort. we just do the appetizer thing [B]and drink large amounts of Guinness. [/B]

Im kinda bummed. we were going to go out this year and watch, but there's no place in warrenton to go, really. they had that "wing fanatic" place that used to be the locker room, but i guess they're closed as well.[/quote]

Yum, can't go wrong there my friend.

saden1 01-30-2009 03:39 PM

[url=http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html]Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes[/url]

GMScud 01-30-2009 03:45 PM

[quote=saden1;524126][URL="http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html"]Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes[/URL][/quote]

Oh my god. That thing looks friggin amazing. I think I gained 5lbs just looking at the pictures. "A nice, tight, 5x5 bacon weave." LOL!

Trample the Elderly 01-30-2009 03:56 PM

[quote=saden1;524126][url=http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html]Bacon Explosion: The BBQ Sausage Recipe of all Recipes[/url][/quote]

Wow that's excessive, even by my standards. I like it.

firstdown 01-30-2009 04:08 PM

Just about anything in bacon tast great and its even better when wrapped around another meat thats bad for you.

GMScud 01-30-2009 04:10 PM

I'm totally intrigued by this idea of a "bacon weave." I've got to incorporate it into a recipe at some point.