Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Draft Thoughts - The Post-Haynesworth Edition (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=28640)

The Goat 03-03-2009 10:45 PM

Re: Draft Thoughts - The Post-Haynesworth Edition

Just checked in @ NFL.com and see that Kirwan has us taking... wait for it, Brian Cushing @ 13 (we pass on Rey Maualuga and he falls to San Diego @ 16). If either of these things happen I will lose my f'ing mind. Cushing has huge durability issues and played next to the best MLB college ball has seen in quite a while. We just dumped one LB mostly because of his durability and have yet another w/ degenerative knees. Seriously if we pull the trigger on Cushing I will flip my lid. If we take him over Rey I'm not buying any more Skins gear through '09... so there Danny.

Big C 03-04-2009 07:50 PM

imo passing on maualuga if he is available is a tremendous mistake. this guy will be the next dominant linebacker in the nfl imo we must draft him if he is there

tootergray34 03-04-2009 07:55 PM

I agree, if we take cushhing, i'll shit on the FO of washington, that would be such a huge mistake.

The Goat 03-04-2009 09:05 PM

[quote=tootergray34;533907]I agree, if we take cushhing, i'll shit on the FO of washington, that would be such a huge mistake.[/quote]

This could mean several things and i'm not sure it makes sense... but i still laughed.

The Goat 03-04-2009 09:08 PM

BTW... I think the FO has to get Willis from Seattle now. I just don't think there's any question about it. As we get closer to d-day it looks more like the 4 big OTs will be gone by 13, maybe even by 10. This shouldn't be a surprise. Lousy crop of QBs and meanwhile OL is a safer pick. But the point is i think out of prudence we have to plan like all 4 guys are gone... in which case i hope to hell Rey is still there. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!

SOUL-SKINS 03-04-2009 09:27 PM

[quote=Big C;533902]imo passing on maualuga if he is available is a tremendous mistake. this guy will be the next dominant linebacker in the nfl imo we must draft him if he is there[/quote]

Totally agree.

SmootSmack 03-04-2009 09:37 PM

I'd be happy (and a bit sad) with any of the three USC linebackers. But I'd be skeptical about taking any of them at #13

Dirtbag59 03-04-2009 09:55 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;533958]I'd be happy (and a bit sad) with any of the three USC linebackers. But I'd be skeptical about taking any of them at #13[/quote]

Even Rey Maualuga? Thats right I now know how to spell his name by heart. You just have to remember that before -luga you got aua-. I think thats the tricky part.

SmootSmack 03-04-2009 10:18 PM

[quote=Dirtbag359;533977]Even Rey Maualuga? Thats right I now know how to spell his name by heart. You just have to remember that before -luga you got aua-. I think thats the tricky part.[/quote]

Still not 100% sold on can he start at OLB from the get-go. A top 15 pick, I want that guy starting by week 4 unless it's a QB

GridIron26 03-04-2009 10:21 PM

Just wanted to throw in my thought regarding the T situation.. Since there are some people who claim that Samuels would shift to RT in two yrs or so.. I don't know if Redskins re going to do that but if it is the case, then shouldn't we draft a T to play LT for the upcoming season and go ahead and shift Samuels to RT? It would show that Redskins aren't planning ahead if we draft a T to play RT just for two years or so, then switch both players to opposite positions??

Nflnick11 03-04-2009 10:32 PM

If I'm to get a linebacker I either want maualuga or larry English ...but we need to get oline and I disagree with the people that say that all the four olineman will be gone by the time we pick, jsmith and Monroe will be yes but Oher and asmith I think could still be here by the time we pick, or they might even be arund by the 20th pick according I a lot of mock drafts and experts..what do people think of phil loadholt to be a right tackle for us; I know that he struggles against real good passrushers, which is the main reason he's projected in the third round, but if we move him to the right side next to a TE I think he could be pretty good, your thoughts (plus we could still get mack in the late first early second)

SmootSmack 03-04-2009 11:25 PM

We need to take Oher, not only could he start at RT from day one but Redskins co-owner Fred Smith is a close family friend and his movie company is producing a movie based on Oher's life. Think of the synergy opportunities!

That Guy 03-05-2009 02:33 AM

oher or orakpo (unless crabtree or raji do the rodgers nosedive on draft day).

rey's great, but I don't think playing him at a 4-3 OLB position is a good idea due to speed concerns and the fact that, unlike a typical 3-4, our OLBs are asked to cover a decent bit.

I mean, if he's our future MLB, it's a great pick, and i don't think he'd be a terrible OLB either; it just wouldn't be strength on strength.

GTripp0012 03-05-2009 02:35 AM

[quote=That Guy;534075]oher or orakpo (unless crabtree or raji do the rodgers nosedive on draft day).

rey's great, but I don't think playing him at a 4-3 OLB position is a good idea due to speed concerns and the fact that, unlike a typical 3-4, our OLBs are asked to cover a decent bit.

I mean, if he's our future MLB, it's a great pick, and i don't think he'd be a terrible OLB either; it just wouldn't be strength on strength.[/quote]I would hope that Maualuga has decent coverage skills, or he's not going to be much of a linebacker in this league.

53Fan 03-06-2009 10:40 AM

If the draft were held today, considering who I think would be available, I think the Skins would select either Oher or Cushing if they did'nt trade down.