Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Munching the Mocks: Andre Smith now leads for Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=28684)

PennSkinsFan 03-02-2009 12:58 PM

Munching the Mocks: Andre Smith now leads for Redskins

[url=http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/03/mocks-are-pointing-to-ot-andre-smith-for-the-redskins.html]Mocks are pointing to OT Andre Smith for the Redskins - DC Pro Sports Report[/url]

[QUOTE][B]Redskins fans[/B], get used to this article, because form now until the draft, every time we Munch the [URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/mockdraftdatabase/nfl.html"][B]NFL Mock Draft Datbase[/B][/URL], you will find out here at DC Pro Sports Report what the latest trend is for the Redskins at #13.

As far as Andre Smith and the [URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/mockdraftdatabase/nfl.html"][B]NFL Mock Draft Database[/B][/URL] goes, he is rapidly becoming a popular choice at #13 for the Redskins. As of two weeks ago, we would have been lucky to see 2 mocks mention Smith at #13, but, with the latest updates and consensus munching, Smith is now the leader.
[/QUOTE]

tootergray34 03-03-2009 03:42 PM

Re: Munching the Mocks: Andre Smith now leads for Redskins

I still think that Smith will go ahead of us, but I will always stay optimistic that we will at least draft some type of Offensive Lineman in the draft.

Redskin Jim 03-03-2009 04:16 PM

At this point it is obvious we will draft an o lineman.. the question is whether Orakpo drops to us at 13, At that point we may take him. If Orakpo doesn't fall to us at 13 I would think we will draft best OT available (highest rated on the board that is left) If the 4 top rated OTs (Monroe, smith, smith, Oher) are not there, the only person I think we would take if available is Maualuga... And if he's not there either, we trade down... I think?

Paintrain 03-03-2009 04:35 PM

Smith has too many question marks for me. Yes he's a beast but word from Schefter and others was that his stock was already tumbling before his disappearing act at the combine. Apparently his interviews were terrible, he came in way out of shape, told some teams he didn't realize he could train until 2 weeks before the combine (WHAT!?!), he turned off a lot of teams and going AWOL was just the icing on the cake..

I was saying to take it easy on him when it happened, but to think of him at #13 is a little too scary.

vallin21 03-03-2009 04:52 PM

At 13 I think we take Oher givien how far Smith has slipped due to attitude, weight, work ethic. If Orakpo is their I might take him but the LB class is deep this year so we could draft a OLB in the 3rd.

SFREDSKIN 03-03-2009 04:59 PM

He better have a great pro day workout March 11th or his stock will fall.

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ea7e80&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true]Pro Day workout schedules for universities released[/url]

John Denny 03-03-2009 05:38 PM

I'd prefer to trade down and draft Mack and get some extra picks. Rabach isn't getting any younger and I'd be willing to bet Mack could play guard also which is good because Randy Thomas is starting to break down.

dmek25 03-03-2009 05:39 PM

i would love to have him. but i wouldn't put alot of stock in them. Kiper has us taking Orakpo. i put alittle more stock into him, seeing that's what the man does for a living. even McShay( whom i don't like) has us taking Oher ( sp?)

SBXVII 03-03-2009 05:46 PM

Munch? Ok. Why can't we just pick up that freak of a DE who jumped higher then anyone else...and use him to block field goals. LOL.

Seriously though. If they pick at 13 fine. I'm betting they look to find a team who wants to trade up for someone and pick up a second rounder. Now if they trade someone prior to draft day for a second then I would have no doubt they pick at 13. Either way I'm betting it's either the top OL or top DE unless the top LB is still on the board which I doubt.

Eknox 03-03-2009 06:02 PM

I'd take Smith I don't care if he can do an interview, Interview's don't block D-Lineman. I say check him out in Private workout and judge him on football skills. F%^k the Interviews. As long as there's no drugs or crime I say take him..

Hamoskinz 03-03-2009 06:27 PM

[quote=Eknox;533389]I'd take Smith I don't care if he can do an interview, Interview's don't block D-Lineman. I say check him out in Private workout and judge him on football skills. F%^k the Interviews. As long as there's no drugs or crime I say take him..[/quote]

:goodjob:

redskin37 03-03-2009 07:06 PM

Trade down and load up with picks.

SFREDSKIN 03-03-2009 07:11 PM

[quote=John Denny;533376]I'd prefer to trade down and draft Mack and get some extra picks. Rabach isn't getting any younger and I'd be willing to bet Mack could play guard also which is good because Randy Thomas is starting to break down.[/quote]

I second that.

shack 03-03-2009 07:56 PM

Getting back into the second round of the draft is imperative for the Skins. With our first round pick, hopefully to occur in the latter half of the first round, I covet Connor Barwin, a 4-3 defensive end / 3-4 linebacker out of Cincinnati. This guy was a two-way player for Cincinnati and ran a 4.66 40 at the combine. He had 15½ tackles for loss, 11 sacks and seven pass breakups in his one season on defense.

He played tight end and special teams from 2005 through 2007, caught 53 balls for 692 yards and six touchdowns.

I'm just putting it out there.

Nflnick11 03-03-2009 10:39 PM

Here's how I look at it;
We need in order from most needed to least needed, on the Oline:
A tackle, then a guard, then a center now by the time we pick these guys and these values they have should be available:
Michael Oher, can play T or G (2 needs in one pick) round: mid to late first
Andre smith, can play T or G (2) first
Eben Britton, can play T (1) late first
Alex mack, can play C or G (2) late first mid 2nd
Eric wood can play C or G (2) 2nd
Max unger can play C, G, or T (3) 2nd
Will Beaty can play T (1) late 1st- 2nd
Jamon meredith can play T or G (2) 2nd-3rd
Phil loadholt T only 2nd-3rd
Duke Robinson G maybe T (1.5) 2nd
Johnathan luigis C maybe G (1.5) 3rd to 4th
Antoine caldwell C, G (2) 3rd to 5th

I figure we trade down, and trade betts and Jansen, get a 20's range pick and an early second rounder for Oher and alex mack, and with the 3rd rounder we get an OLB or DE