Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mike & the Mad Dog Comments re: Giants vs Skins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=2878)

ChounsMan 09-17-2004 11:31 AM

Mike & the Mad Dog Comments re: Giants vs Skins

I was listening to Mike & 'Mad Dog' Chris Russo (AM-660 WFAN 'The Fan')yesterday on my way home from work. Mike was quoted as saying "who are the Redskins?, they didn't do much against the Bucs, the Bucs are not even a very good football team this year, the Redskins have not proved anything thus far, just because Gibbs is back does not mean that they are better than the Giants". Mike & Chris went on to say that this is a must win for the Giants & the Redskins should NOT be able to come into their house & beat the Giants.

Boy are they in for a surprise! :lol:

Living in the Metropolitan area I hear this trash talk on the AM dial everyday, but the simple fact is, the Skins are a much better team right now than the Giants are. If the Skins lose I will consider it an upset, even though they are playing on the road.

I can not wait for Monday night football on the 27th!
:dallas:

redwagonskins 09-17-2004 12:04 PM

Is there a "Mad Dog" in every city? How about some originality. It's the same with "Hacksaw".

offiss 09-17-2004 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=ChounsMan]I was listening to Mike & 'Mad Dog' Chris Russo (AM-660 WFAN 'The Fan')yesterday on my way home from work. Mike was quoted as saying "who are the Redskins?, they didn't do much against the Bucs, the Bucs are not even a very good football team this year, the Redskins have not proved anything thus far, just because Gibbs is back does not mean that they are better than the Giants". Mike & Chris went on to say that this is a must win for the Giants & the Redskins should NOT be able to come into their house & beat the Giants.

Boy are they in for a surprise! :lol:

Living in the Metropolitan area I hear this trash talk on the AM dial everyday, but the simple fact is, the Skins are a much better team right now than the Giants are. If the Skins lose I will consider it an upset, even though they are playing on the road.

I can not wait for Monday night football on the 27th!
:dallas:[/QUOTE]

I didn't catch it, but I think they are correct about the Buc's, but they really don't understand how bad this Giant team is, and they don't understand how much talent is on our team, they will understand after sunday!

Brute44 09-17-2004 12:20 PM

I think they are mistaken when they say the Redskins didn't do much against the Bucs. First off, the score should have been 23-10 if it wasn't for that ridiculous call where Brunnel got the first down inside the 10. Secondly our D was in total control of the Bucs O ALL DAY LONG and only gave up 3. I would say our Special Teams got beat by the Bucs. Finally the Bucs D is still pretty good and I knew that this game would be a test for our Offensive line so all in all I'd say our O play very good mistake free ball. I believe this week against the Giants Brunnel will play better and the D will dominate again.

JWsleep 09-17-2004 12:26 PM

I live up here and have to put up with this nonsense year after year. One, these guys are homers: they're not about to get behind the skins. Two: every year there's hype about the skins, and then we don't live up to expectations. Three: The bucs aren't great. So fine, whatever.

But until we actually do kick the crap out of this team, it's all talk. Our record has been pathetic against the NFC east, and that's all that folks remember up here. 1991 is a LONG time ago. WE MUST CRUSH THE GIANTS!!!!! THat's the only thing that will shut them up!!!

MTK 09-17-2004 12:27 PM

These guys are big time homers, the Giants could be 1-14 and the Skins 14-1 and these guys would bet the house on the Giants. Typical New Yorkers, blind as can be.

NFLNetwork 09-17-2004 12:28 PM

i definately agree. I think as our offense gets more expirience, it will catch up to our defense...so watch out, we're only going to get better. If that game was week 5 instead of week 1, it would've been a blowout.

MTK 09-17-2004 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=redwagonskins]Is there a "Mad Dog" in every city? How about some originality. It's the same with "Hacksaw".[/QUOTE]
That reminds me, what I think is funny is how these sports radio stations always have the same dumb names like 'the team' or 'the fan'

SUNRA 09-17-2004 12:35 PM

I know the reputation of Mike and the Mad Dog and what's very apparent is that Mike Francesca is an idiot who allows his personal feelings and bias with the Skins' to overshadow his so-called journalistic objective reporting. He like a lot of NY reporters are going to talk about how the Giant's had so many opportunities to score on us and how we didn't win the game, the Giants simply gave up. You know the same ole sh*t.
But the buzz around town is there is so much division within their camp that they will be lucky to win 4 games this year. Let's just make sure we're not the team to give them a W.

EEich 09-17-2004 01:24 PM

I listen to these guys every day... sure they're homers, but for the most part they're reasonable and level headed about that kinda stuff. Mike is no idiot... couldn't exactly say that about Russo though.

Really, what have the Redskins done so far? If I'm going to be completely objective, I'd have to say they played a pretty good defensive game and had one really good breakoff run. Offensively, they didn't show me much more than that. They couldn't consistently move the ball and the passing game looked weak. I wouldn't be ready to declare them division champs yet either.

Sure, I'm a Redskin homer and I think they're better than that... but they haven't shown me yet. Personally, I think they'll crush the Gints.

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]These guys are big time homers, the Giants could be 1-14 and the Skins 14-1 and these guys would bet the house on the Giants. Typical New Yorkers, blind as can be.[/QUOTE]

RedskinRat 09-17-2004 01:30 PM

EEich Said "Really, what have the Redskins done so far? If I'm going to be completely objective, I'd have to say they played a pretty good defensive game and had one really good breakoff run. Offensively, they didn't show me much more than that. They couldn't consistently move the ball. I wouldn't be ready to declare them division champs yet either."

First year for the coaching staff, new players on the squad, playing a ferocious D. I think they did very well, they will improve as the season goes on.

NY_Skinsfan 09-17-2004 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=JWsleep] WE MUST CRUSH THE GIANTS!!!!! [/QUOTE]

:smashfrea

Gmanc711 09-17-2004 01:33 PM

It sucks that these guys have so much bs from the past to use now. Whatever, this weekend, we must come out and BIG. We can absolutley demolish this team, lets hope we do!

EEich 09-17-2004 01:38 PM

Our coaching and player changes don't matter to other teams.
How we perform does. That was a good game. Not a great one.

[QUOTE=RedskinRat]First year for the coaching staff, new players on the squad, playing a ferocious D. I think they did very well, they will improve as the season goes on.[/QUOTE]

ChounsMan 09-17-2004 01:44 PM

One thing I know we all agree on. The Redskins made great moves this off season & they are already showing on the field.
This is going to be a great season to a Skins fan again :)

Gibbs didn't come out of retirement to pad his total vistories. Gibbs returned to bring back VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail to the Redskins...etc....