Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If we get Cutler should we hire Shanahan ? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29119)

Eknox 04-01-2009 06:28 PM

If we get Cutler should we hire Shanahan ?

I heard on Profootballtalk that we were goin for the one to punch what do you think? I have to say it's intriguing, although I'm not a big Shanahan fan.

Ruhskins 04-01-2009 06:31 PM

Re: If we get Cutler should we hire Shanahan ?

[quote=Eknox;541296][B]I heard on Profootballtalk[/B] that we were goin for the one to punch what do you think? I have to say it's intriguing, although I'm not a big Shanahan fan.[/quote]

This is mistake #1, and why don't you wait until an actual trade happens before you start speculating this, ok?

wilsowilso 04-01-2009 06:33 PM

Good one. I needed that.

Eknox 04-01-2009 06:35 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;541298]This is mistake #1, and why don't you wait until an actual trade happens before you start speculating this, ok?[/quote]
:cussing: wow didn't mean to offend anyone..
Mods if this is going to cause this kind of reaction please close this thread, I don't want to cause any problems with anyone, Very sorry for the speculation.

GMScud 04-01-2009 06:37 PM

This site is annoying me lately.

God forbid we give Campbell more than one season in a system and Zorn more than one year to improve on an 8-8 rookie campaign in the league's toughest division.

The lack of patience and foresight is silly as hell.

People scream to build through the draft, improve the lines, develop Campbell, yada yada yada. So now that we're doing just that, we've got droves of fans asking for us to revert to our losing ways - shipping off draft picks and big dollars for flashy names.

Continuity and character count people.

Eknox 04-01-2009 06:42 PM

[quote=GMScud;541302]This site is annoying me lately.

God forbid we give Campbell more than one season in a system and Zorn more than one year to improve on an 8-8 rookie campaign in the league's toughest division.

People scream to build through the draft, improve the lines, develop Campbell, yada yada yada. So now that we're doing just that, we've got droves of fans asking for us to revert to our losing ways - shipping off draft picks and big dollars for flashy names.

Continuity and character count people.[/quote]

Dude, I like Campbell I think that he will be very good this year, I was just asking the question because people are pretty much saying that Cutler will end up here , and then ther is talk about Shanahan also, the last time we heard talk like this it was Haynesworth, and where is he ? again I am very sorry to offend anyone, but I never send messages like this to someone if I don't agree with it I just move on..SOOOooooooooooooo Once Again I Am Verrrrry SORRRRYYYYYYY MEN. PLEASE GIVE A GUY A FRECKING BREAK SORRY SORRY SORRY MODS PLEASE HELP

hooskins 04-01-2009 06:46 PM

We are already talking about this in the other thread, do we really need this?

SkinzzFan 04-01-2009 06:46 PM

Amen to that! I've been saying the same thing all along. We're not Philly fans...we're better than that. Yet, the tone lately has sounded very Eagle-ish.

BOTTOM LINE:
Campbell is a tough football player who lets nothing bother him. Cutler is a bitch. Which one do you want? The end.

What has Shanahan done since Elway retired anyway?

HAIL!

GusFrerotte 04-01-2009 06:46 PM

I agree with what you are saying. Getting Cutler would cost us a lot, and JC is a stand up guy, but I think we have already seen the most we will get out of him. That is why I kill GTripp and co with the Frerotte comparisons. Not really comparing the QBs but the situation. I was always hoping Gus would turn some corner, same with Patrick, but after a few seasons(Patrick got ganked) you know what you are going to get for the long haul. I just don't see us being a perennial contender unless JC does surprise us and really does have a breakout year for us. But the odds of that happening are long.

GMScud 04-01-2009 06:46 PM

[quote=Eknox;541303]Dude, I like Campbell I think that he will be very good this year, I was just asking the question because people are pretty much saying that Cutler will end up here , and then ther is talk about Shanahan also, the last time we heard talk like this it was Haynesworth, and where is he ? again I am very sorry to offend anyone, but I never send messages like this to someone if I don't agree with it I just move on..SOOOooooooooooooo Once Again I Am Verrrrry SORRRRYYYYYYY MEN. PLEASE GIVE A GUY A FRECKING BREAK SORRY SORRY SORRY MODS PLEASE HELP[/quote]

1) I'm not offended

2) I wasn't singling you out, notice I said "fans" - there are plenty of people around here asking for Cutler, Shanahan, etc, etc

3) If you start a thread like this and ask for opinions, well, you're going to get them.

GusFrerotte 04-01-2009 06:50 PM

I don't see us dropping Zorn or JC after all this talk about JC being our QB, etc. Everyone would deem Danny and Vinny total nutjobs if they did it. That being said, if they were crazy enough to do it before the draft would be the only time to do it, but the big question is why? Sure Shanahan has a couple rings, but he coached a loaded team in a weak ass division. Hard to lose with Elway, Sharpe, Davis, and co.

wilsowilso 04-01-2009 06:50 PM

[quote=Eknox;541303]SOOOooooooooooooo Once Again I Am Verrrrry SORRRRYYYYYYY MEN. PLEASE GIVE A GUY A FRECKING BREAK SORRY SORRY SORRY MODS PLEASE HELP[/quote]

Good one. I needed that.

Eknox 04-01-2009 06:51 PM

[quote=GMScud;541308]1) I'm not offended

2) I wasn't singling you out, notice I said "fans" - there are plenty of people around here asking for Cutler, Shanahan, etc, etc

3) If you start a thread like this and ask for opinions, well, you're going to get them.[/quote]

I have no problem with opinions (that's what a forum is for) I have problem when my character is questioned. No offense

rbanerjee23 04-01-2009 06:51 PM

exactly all the dips***s who think that campbell is not the quarterback of the future clearly don't know what they are talking about. If you think about it, he has been a phenomenal quarterback, always being above average despite having played three different systems in his 4 years in the league. That's a lot more than can be said of most of the quarterbacks in the league. You have to give a young qb time and giving him anything less than 2 years in the system is unfair.

GMScud 04-01-2009 06:54 PM

[quote=Eknox;541311]I have no problem with opinions (that's what a forum is for) I have problem [B]when my character is questioned. [/B]No offense[/quote]

LOL!! Come on dude are you serious?

I wasn't questioning your character. When I said continuity and character count, I was referring to having good leaders in the locker room (i.e. Campbell, NOT Cutler) and giving a coach and a system more than one year to succeed.

We were 8-8 last year, not 4-12.