Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   do you speed? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29266)

MTK 04-10-2009 09:13 AM

do you speed?

Driving to work this morning I have the cruise set at 75 and I'm in the middle lane. Meanwhile I've got people passing me on both sides like I'm standing still. I start thinking... #1 what's the goddam hurry? Is everyone in such a rush to get to work? #2 does anyone worry about getting a ticket? #3 what happened to everyone driving slower to try to save on gas? I guess that went out the window once gas prices came back down to more reasonable levels.

So my question is, how fast do you normally drive on the highway?

JoeRedskin 04-10-2009 09:34 AM

Re: do you speed?

Depending on the circumstances, anywhere between 65 and 90. My wife thinks I drive like a lunatic.

The longer the drive, the faster I generally go. Once, while travelling to the beach (a six hour drive), I saw what I thought was a temperture gauge fluctuating between 95-98 and commented "wow, it's pretty warm outside". My wife gave me a long suffering "duh" look and said "that's a speed guage you idiot".

During the gas crunch, I did lower my speed significantly. I have consciously tried to slow down but I have been such a habitual speeder for so long that I have a hard time keeping it down. Am I afraid of getting a ticket? Yup, but I figure if I go with traffic I will be fine. It's when I am streaking down 95 at 75-80 by myself that I get worried. If I am out by myself on the road (i.e. no other traffic), I find it easier to keep it in the 60-65 range.

jamf 04-10-2009 09:39 AM

If no traffic, I would say 75 to 95.

1) That how fast you need to go if you want to stay in the first 3 lanes.
2) YES! in my previous 16 years of driving I had 1 ticket for an Illegal lane change, In January, I got two! One for illegal lane change in rush hour traffic and another for speading in a school zone, 30 in a 25...
3)I Kinda go with the flow. I don't change lanes often or pass people on the right but you do have keep moving to avoid problems out here.

mredskins 04-10-2009 09:40 AM

I am not a speeder and get harassed by my family for being a old lady driver. The thing is when I am driving and start day dreaming I slow down without thinking about it. Never in my 35 years have I got a speeding ticket or been in a car accident, knock on wood.

I will admit in my early twenties I drove more then a few times after one to many. I am ashmad of it now and glad I never killed anyone with my stupidity.

SmootSmack 04-10-2009 09:45 AM

I go about 75-80 on the highway. I generally try to use the middle lane as well.

BDBohnzie 04-10-2009 09:47 AM

Simply answered, Yes I do speed. For me, it depends on where I am, what road I'm on and if I've been there before.

I know I-270 like the back of my hand, so I have no problem doing 75, 80, even 85 miles an hour in the left lane because I know where the cops like to sit and adjust my speed (and lane) accordingly. Most highways, I'm pretty comfortable going 10-20 over. Heading to the beach for example, I know that if I have to slow down (certain towns in Delaware and Maryland), I can make up for it in the 1st half of my trip on the highways.

Other roads, I tend to do 10-15 over if the speed limit is above 35. If it's 35 and below, I try to stay within 5 mph, especially in speed camera friendly MoCo.

SmootSmack 04-10-2009 09:56 AM

[quote=BDBohnzie;544694]Simply answered, Yes I do speed. For me, it depends on where I am, what road I'm on and if I've been there before.

I know I-270 like the back of my hand, so I have no problem doing 75, 80, even 85 miles an hour in the left lane because I know where the cops like to sit and adjust my speed (and lane) accordingly. Most highways, I'm pretty comfortable going 10-20 over. Heading to the beach for example, I know that if I have to slow down (certain towns in Delaware and Maryland), I can make up for it in the 1st half of my trip on the highways.

Other roads, I tend to do 10-15 over if the speed limit is above 35. If it's 35 and below, I try to stay within 5 mph, especially in speed camera friendly MoCo.[/quote]

Yeah what is up with all the speed cameras there lately. I went home for the weekend a couple of months ago and in the course of 12 hours I got two speeding tickets (thanks to those cameras). One on River Road and one on Democracy. Both times going 46 in a 35 (just one mph too fast)

ArtMonkDrillz 04-10-2009 10:08 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;544698]Yeah what is up with all the speed cameras there lately. I went home for the weekend a couple of months ago and in the course of 12 hours I got two speeding tickets (thanks to those cameras). One on River Road and one on Democracy. Both times going 46 in a 35 (just one mph too fast)[/quote]It's getting really annoying back in the home county. There are 2 sets of them in Olney, which isn't that big of a place. They're both right by schools, which I suppose is good, but everyone knows where they are so they just speed up to them, slam on their brakes, crawl past, and then speed off. To me it seems like it's setting up an even more dangerous situation and I wouldn't be shocked to find that the number of rear end collisions are much higher in areas with lots of speed and red light cameras.

firstdown 04-10-2009 10:24 AM

Most I drive over the limit is around 5mph life is too short to rush. Now when I'm on a trip driving on 95 I keep my speed up with the trafic which is usually 10 to 15 mph over the limit. In my business I love people with tickets because it increases their insurance and my commission.

saden1 04-10-2009 10:32 AM

I use to drive against traffic and after getting ambushed by camping cops with radar guns 3 times in two months I quit speeding. Messed up insurance rate big time. My strategy now is to hover around 5 mph above the speed limit and go no more than 10 mph above the limited.

Monkeydad 04-10-2009 10:42 AM

Nope, unless I'm heading to Baltimore on 83 and have to in order to stay alive.

In towns and on local highways, I try to always abide by the speed limit, even if I have a idiot behind me screaming and waving their hands like a crazy person. In fact, that's fun and makes me adhere even more closely...I'll stick the needle right on 35 (or the limit) and flash a smile in my rear-view.

Some people need to be taught patience.

MTK 04-10-2009 11:08 AM

[quote=Buster;544719]Nope, unless I'm heading to Baltimore on 83 and have to in order to stay alive.

In towns and on local highways, I try to always abide by the speed limit, even if I have a idiot behind me screaming and waving their hands like a crazy person. In fact, that's fun and makes me adhere even more closely...I'll stick the needle right on 35 (or the limit) and flash a smile in my rear-view.

Some people need to be taught patience.[/quote]

Man I hate that, if someone is riding my ass in residential area where the limit is 30 or 35 most times I'll ease off the gas by a good 5 mph just to piss them off even more.

Trample the Elderly 04-10-2009 11:26 AM

Most DUIs, drug busts, and everything else happen because the cop pulled the person over for speeding.
If you're on I-95 going through VA don't speed. If you get caught going 90 they'll throw you in jail for ten days. If you don't have your seat belt on that's another ticket too. They usually go after truckers, larger automobiles, and the really big tickets. The bigger the bust the bigger the boost.

I don't speed unless it's an emergency. Death will find me one way or the other, why go searching for it?

Daseal 04-10-2009 11:43 AM

I think the current speed limit is a joke. This only applies to the big highways, such as 66. They're long, straight, and cars today are capable of handling much faster speeds than when the typical 55 was put into place. I understand not everyone is as comfortable going that fast -- and that's fine. Just stay in the right lane. There's a reason there are fewer accidents on the Autobahn, staying to the right is strictly enforced unless you're passing.

I'm really glad a lot of states are trying to ticket people for going too slow (10MPH under the speed limit). That can be at least, if not more dangerous than going fast. What we really need to do is change driving laws to get the elderly, who happen to be the most deadly demographic on the road, into the DMV yearly for driving tests.

My above comments only count to larger highways. City/towns I don't speed, too many chances for a kid/etc to hop out into the road. On 66 I typically cruise between 75-80.

BDBohnzie 04-10-2009 01:45 PM

VA State Troopers are definitely sticklers for the speed limit, and setting up elaborate traps to catch said speeders...

@SS, AMD - Yeah, the speed cameras are MoCo's way to make the county some serious coin. There isn't a time I go by those things that i don't see the flash go off because people still don't slow down. And if you are going to have them, why set the 10 MPH buffer? Doesn't that just give people the excuse that it's ok to go over the speed limit?

Schneed10 04-10-2009 02:31 PM

I can't bring myself to go above 80, anything above that is downright dangerous and irresponsible.

You may not care about your own life, but if I've got my daughter in the back of the car, and I see somebody going 95, I've got half a mind to make sure I hit the same rest stop and bury their head in the dirt.

Sorry, this touches a nerve. It's not just your life in question when you're going that fast.

Dogtag 04-10-2009 03:05 PM

I try to stay within 5 mph of the posted speed limit.

My son had a lead foot until he became a fire-fighter. Seeing the end result of a lead foot on a near daily routine brought sanity to his driving habits. He tells me the reasons he hears for speeding and having an accident are always the same lame lines (when the people are able to talk).

Not a sermon - just an observation.

tryfuhl 04-10-2009 03:52 PM

Around 10-15 over when it's 55 and up

around 7-10 over if it's a 45

about 5 over with anything lower

though I've had about 5 speeding tickets and they've all been 19 or more over, all by myself on the road :-/

tryfuhl 04-10-2009 03:57 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;544728]Man I hate that, if someone is riding my ass in residential area where the limit is 30 or 35 most times I'll ease off the gas by a good 5 mph just to piss them off even more.[/quote]
I've done that to a cop before.. it was a 25 and I was going about 30-35 and he's coming up strong on my ass, cars parked on both sides of the road, had to come to nearly a crawl if you had someone coming from the opposite direction. So I slow down to 30 and he's right on my ass, can't even see his headlights, I slow down to 25 and I'm losing a lot of his front end in my rearview. Stopped the car and hopped out and asked him what the hell he was doing creating such an unsafe environment. "I'm just doing my job" What the hell job was that?

saden1 04-10-2009 04:07 PM

[quote=Schneed10;544787]I can't bring myself to go above 80, anything above that is downright dangerous and irresponsible.

You may not care about your own life, but if I've got my daughter in the back of the car, and I see somebody going 95, I've got half a mind to make sure I hit the same rest stop and bury their head in the dirt.

Sorry, this touches a nerve. It's not just your life in question when you're going that fast.[/quote]

Is your "Child on Board" sticker prominently displayed and visible from a distance? :biggthump

Slingin Sammy 33 04-10-2009 04:08 PM

8-9 mph over. VB and the 64 corridor are two of the worst areas for speed traps in the U.S. The City of VB knows how to generate revenue and speed traps definitely help them. The last ticket I got was 13 over and it cost $ 115.00.

KLHJ2 04-10-2009 09:54 PM

For the record, I do not care about speeding tickets. I do not get pulled over enough to adjust my driving. The fines are not steep enough to change by driving habits either. I also do not speed excessively unless I am on the highway.

My speed on the highway is determined by which car I am driving. If I am driving my Expedition, then I generally travel at 60 to 80 MPH depending on the amount of congestion. If I am driving my Evo then I travel at speeds between 70 and 110. FYI, my car can get much faster than that because it is not governed. I will not push it any faster than that on public roads though. When I do hit the 3 digit speeds in my car it is just to get away from the "Wolfpacks" on the highway. Once I am clear of them I take my speed back down to the 70-80 MPH range.

For the most part I speed to get away from other vehicles and I drive at a speed that is comfortable for me. I'm sorry, but after driving and or riding on the Autobahn for 7 years of my life driving at the speed limit is like nails on the chalkboard to me.

As far as gas is concerned, I never changed my driving habits when the gas was more expensive either. To me, driving at a speed that I am comfortable at is a luxery that I am willing to pay for whether it be at the pump or in a fine.

Schneed10 04-10-2009 10:04 PM

[quote=Angry;544914]For the record, I do not care about speeding tickets. I do not get pulled over enough to adjust my driving. The fines are not steep enough to change by driving habits either. I also do not speed excessively unless I am on the highway.

My speed on the highway is determined by which car I am driving. If I am driving my Expedition, then I generally travel at 60 to 80 MPH depending on the amount of congestion. If I am driving my Evo then I travel at speeds between 70 and 110. FYI, my car can get much faster than that because it is not governed. I will not push it any faster than that on public roads though. When I do hit the 3 digit speeds in my car it is just to get away from the "Wolfpacks" on the highway. Once I am clear of them I take my speed back down to the 70-80 MPH range.

For the most part I speed to get away from other vehicles and I drive at a speed that is comfortable for me. I'm sorry, [B]but after driving and or riding on the Autobahn for 7 years of my life driving at the speed limit is like nails on the chalkboard to me.[/B]

As far as gas is concerned, I never changed my driving habits when the gas was more expensive either. To me, driving at a speed that I am comfortable at is a luxery that I am willing to pay for whether it be at the pump or in a fine.[/quote]

Are you honestly that impatient? WTF.

All it takes is for someone not to see you coming, merge in front of you, and that can be lights out for you.

KLHJ2 04-10-2009 10:40 PM

[quote=Schneed10;544915]Are you honestly that impatient? WTF.

All it takes is for someone not to see you coming, merge in front of you, and that can be lights out for you.[/quote]

I do not have the energy to retype everything that I just lost. To Sum it up.

Read my previous post. Yes, I am impatient but I am not wreckless. I speed, but I don't weave.

It is hard to block an entire one way 4 lane road, but when they do I can slow down quick enough. The more traffic the slower I drive.

I am not going to change your mind with this post, but ride with me once and you will realize what I'm talking about. I may drive fast, but I stay safe.

KLHJ2 04-10-2009 11:22 PM

[quote=Daseal;544743]I think the current speed limit is a joke. This only applies to the big highways, such as 66. They're long, straight, and cars today are capable of handling much faster speeds than when the typical 55 was put into place. I understand not everyone is as comfortable going that fast -- and that's fine. Just stay in the right lane. There's a reason there are fewer accidents on the Autobahn, staying to the right is strictly enforced unless you're passing.

I'm really glad a lot of states are trying to ticket people for going too slow (10MPH under the speed limit). That can be at least, if not more dangerous than going fast. What we really need to do is change driving laws to get the elderly, who happen to be the most deadly demographic on the road, into the DMV yearly for driving tests.

My above comments only count to larger highways. City/towns I don't speed, too many chances for a kid/etc to hop out into the road. On 66 I typically cruise between 75-80.[/quote]

I could not agree more or have said it better myself. If everyone in the US drove on the Autobahn for about 30 days of their lives, the US would be a much better place to commute on highways. Keep the left lane clear unless you are passing. Get back over to the right once you pass. Move over to the right for traffic traveling faster than you. You are not allowed to go below the posted speed... Gawd, I miss it!

Schneed10 04-11-2009 07:54 AM

Sometimes I sit in the left lane at 75 to purposely block people from going by at 85+.

You shouldn't be going that fast and I'm willing to piss you off to make it happen.

CRedskinsRule 04-11-2009 08:31 AM

[quote=Schneed10;544948]Sometimes I sit in the left lane at 75 to purposely block people from going by at 85+.

You shouldn't be going that fast and I'm willing to piss you off to make it happen.[/quote]

So you are willing to become a danger to others just to piss someone off? By sitting at 75 (thus breaking the law in most parts around here) you judge yourself safe, while creating a hazard for someone else who, also breaking the law, feels that he/she has the capability to control the car at 85. He/she will then either be force to slow down, or as you said get pissed off and become a more angry/reckless driver.
Not sure I get the line of thought on this one. Cars can be safely controlled at speeds much faster than 75, if they are designed for it- race cars top speeds of 200. People all have different capacities for reflexes and responses: some but not many can control those 200mph cars, some cannot. So why would you feel you have the right to set an arbitrary rate, when you are already breaking the legal rate?

I speed, but mainly go with the flow of traffic. Some days I actually drive the speed limit, very rarely do I push my Honda Civic above 75, however if I had a different car that had a higher limit, I might find the gas pedal going down more frequently.

Schneed10 04-11-2009 08:42 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;544951]So you are willing to become a danger to others just to piss someone off? By sitting at 75 (thus breaking the law in most parts around here) you judge yourself safe, while creating a hazard for someone else who, also breaking the law, feels that he/she has the capability to control the car at 85. He/she will then either be force to slow down, or as you said get pissed off and become a more angry/reckless driver.
Not sure I get the line of thought on this one. Cars can be safely controlled at speeds much faster than 75, if they are designed for it- race cars top speeds of 200. People all have different capacities for reflexes and responses: some but not many can control those 200mph cars, some cannot. So why would you feel you have the right to set an arbitrary rate, when you are already breaking the legal rate?

I speed, but mainly go with the flow of traffic. Some days I actually drive the speed limit, very rarely do I push my Honda Civic above 75, however if I had a different car that had a higher limit, I might find the gas pedal going down more frequently.[/quote]

As you said, it's a flow of traffic thing. It has nothing to do with the law, it has everything to do with what's safe.

When traffic is moving at nearly the same speed, the space differential between cars remains constant and predictable. When you have people going 15 mph above OR below the flow of traffic, you have a dangerous situation.

I don't care who "feels" they can control a car at 85 or 95. It doesn't matter. I feel I can too. What makes it dangerous is the fact that they're going 15 mph faster than everyone else, and when somebody else on the road makes a mistake and merges without looking, all of a sudden that 15 mph speed differential becomes very dangerous. The driver has to react to the mistake, and at 95 must suddenly make some sort of move to avoid.

It's how accidents happen all the damn time.

If me blockading the left lane pisses somebody off, it's on them to keep their cool. If they don't that's not my problem. Besides, I can blockade the left lane for miles if you give me enough cars on my right to do it. Most people get pissed, but eventually succumb to the fact that they're stuck behind me.

And a comparison to NASCAR racing at 200mph is absurd. It's not an issue of whether you can control a car. When everybody's going 200mph there's no problem. But when one car bumps another, does it not take out like 20 cars behind? Why? Because the speed is so great there's so little time to react to the smallest things. The greater the speed, the smaller the margin for error. So chill out on the roads or I'm likely to go Punisher on your ass.

Schneed10 04-11-2009 08:46 AM

Another factor, I'm a stubborn son of a bitch on the roads, and I'm flat out not willing to let somebody go 95 if I can help it.

Had a confrontation with one such driver at the Chesapeake House rest stop in Maryland. When he got back on the road he chilled out.

I guess you can call it reverse road rage. I flat out don't tolerate it. I've called the cops on people from my cell, I've blockaded, I've confronted them at rest stops.

I lost a family member to a reckless driver. It touches a nerve.

724Skinsfan 04-11-2009 09:24 AM

[quote=Angry;544924]Keep the left lane clear unless you are passing. Get back over to the right once you pass. Move over to the right for traffic traveling faster than you.[/quote]

Better chance of having a nuclear free world before this happens in the States.

Oh, I usually go 10 miles over/flow of traffic unless the kids are in the car. With kids in the car I do my best to stay at the posted speed limit.

CRedskinsRule 04-11-2009 09:56 AM

[quote=Schneed10;544952]As you said, it's a flow of traffic thing. It has nothing to do with the law, it has everything to do with what's safe.

When traffic is moving at nearly the same speed, the space differential between cars remains constant and predictable. When you have people going 15 mph above OR below the flow of traffic, you have a dangerous situation.

I don't care who "feels" they can control a car at 85 or 95. It doesn't matter. I feel I can too. What makes it dangerous is the fact that they're going 15 mph faster than everyone else, and [B]when somebody else on the road makes a mistake and merges without looking, all of a sudden that 15 mph speed differential becomes very dangerous[/B]. The driver has to react to the mistake, and at 95 must suddenly make some sort of move to avoid.

It's how accidents happen all the *** time.

If me blockading the left lane pisses somebody off, [B]it's on them to keep their cool[/B]. If they don't that's not my problem. Besides, I can blockade the left lane for miles if you give me enough cars on my right to do it. Most people get pissed, but eventually succumb to the fact that they're stuck behind me.

And a comparison to NASCAR racing at 200mph is absurd. It's not an issue of whether you can control a car. When everybody's going 200mph there's no problem. But when one car bumps another, does it not take out like 20 cars behind? Why? Because the speed is so great there's so little time to react to the smallest things. The greater the speed, the smaller the margin for error. So chill out on the roads or I'm likely to go Punisher on your ***.[/quote]

Interesting that someone making a mistake and not looking is not "on them" but someone keeping their cool because you are purposely trying to anger them is.

Fair enough on NASCAR, that was an over the top comparison.

I am calm on the roads. The overall difference in time usually isn't worth the added aggravation to me. But it still is weird that you accept your behavior, which you admit is purposefully to aggravate another driver. I would think that road rage leads to as many fatal accidents if not more then someone cruising at 85, watching his/her surroundings and driving alert. Once you block their way, now they are more focused on your actions, and ways to get around you then the rest of their surroundings.

MTK 04-11-2009 09:59 AM

Just curious to the excessive speeders... what's the big hurry?

CRedskinsRule 04-11-2009 09:59 AM

[quote=Schneed10;544953]Another factor, I'm a stubborn son of a *** on the roads, and I'm flat out not willing to let somebody go 95 if I can help it.

Had a confrontation with one such driver at the Chesapeake House rest stop in Maryland. When he got back on the road he chilled out.

I guess you can call it reverse road rage. I flat out don't tolerate it. [B] I've called the cops on people from my cell[/B], I've blockaded, I've confronted them at rest stops.

I lost a family member to a reckless driver. It touches a nerve.[/quote]

did you tell the cops to give you a ticket for speeding at 75 when you called them?

I am really sorry about your tragedy, and I am not saying that reckless driving (weaving, swerving, superfast speeds) is right or justified, just that your actions, though I am sure you feel satisfaction, may be creating the specific condition which you are trying to prevent.

redskinjim 04-11-2009 11:55 AM

had my 350z up to 128 on a open road one night when there was no traffic

hooskins 04-11-2009 12:29 PM

yes but never more than 10-12 over. Maybe 15 on certain highways that everyone is going 20 over on.

Schneed10 04-11-2009 03:13 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;544958]did you tell the cops to give you a ticket for speeding at 75 when you called them?

I am really sorry about your tragedy, and I am not saying that reckless driving (weaving, swerving, superfast speeds) is right or justified, just that your actions, though I am sure you feel satisfaction, may be creating the specific condition which you are trying to prevent.[/quote]

You're better off being mad and stuck behind me going 75 than happy and going 95.

Schneed10 04-11-2009 03:13 PM

[quote=redskinjim;544968]had my 350z up to 128 on a open road one night when there was no traffic[/quote]

Why?

GMScud 04-11-2009 03:24 PM

[quote=Schneed10;544953]Another factor, I'm a stubborn son of a bitch on the roads, and I'm flat out not willing to let somebody go 95 if I can help it.

I guess you can call it reverse road rage. I flat out don't tolerate it. I've called the cops on people from my cell, I've blockaded, I've confronted them at rest stops.

I lost a family member to a reckless driver. It touches a nerve.[/quote]

Don't you think your vigilante traffic cop behavior can at times be a little dangerous in itself? Blockading people, following them into rest areas to start a confrontation... A bit much IMO. Seems like your focus should be spent on YOUR safe driving rather than worrying about everyone else's.

No offense, but how is blocking the fast lane not immature? I mean, I certainly have issue with those maniacs who weave in out of traffic at 90+mph, but who cares if someone is traveling in a straight line on I-95 going 15mph over in the fast lane? You say you'd block it for miles if you could? Pretty selfish to your own agenda.

I'd be willing to bet if you explained your blockading/rest stop confronting behavior to any cop on the highway, he'd tell you to calm down and worry about yourself. "Chill out or I'm likely to go Punisher on your ass." ??? Pretty arrogant and self-serving. Sounds like you're the one who needs to chill. It's wasted energy to take it personally when someone else decides to exceed the speed limit.

For the record I rarely go more than 10mph over, and if I do, it's brief- just to pass someone or get out of a large pack of cars on the highway. And I can't stand it when people block the left lane.

Daseal 04-11-2009 03:37 PM

Schneed -- All your driving is doing is contributing to the problem, not alleviating it. Cars now days can handle faster speeds much more reliably. I cruise at 85, yet I consider myself a very responsible driver. I always signal, then change lanes so my intentions are clearly available. I don't tailgate, and when traffic doesn't allow for my normal speed -- I go with the flow, just like most people. That's my decision and I'm willing to risk the consequences. When I find someone like you, typically not paying attention and being inconsiderate of others, is when I end up swerving in and out of traffic to get by the douche.

It's not your place to try to regulate the roads. If speed were as big of an issue as you seem to think it is, states wouldn't be considering upping the speed limits. The current speed limit has one goal -- to make money for the state. Originally, 55 made sense for the conservation of fuel and the vehicles available at that time. No longer, traffic can flow much quicker.

I see you ignored a very valid point by CRedskinsFan. [quote]But it still is weird that you accept your behavior, which you admit is purposefully to aggravate another driver. I would think that road rage leads to as many fatal accidents if not more then someone cruising at 85, watching his/her surroundings and driving alert. Once you block their way, now they are more focused on your actions, and ways to get around you then the rest of their surroundings.[/quote]

Personally, I feel as if getting a license and keeping a license should be much more difficult to obtain. I think special licenses should be required for SUV's, etc (just asking someone who owns an SUV or large truck to park it in a parking space would eliminate half of them). I pride myself on being a careful driver, especially at fast speeds.

One day Schneed, I have a feeling your plan may backfire on you, and I can't say I'll have a ton of sympathy. When you go out of your way to annoy and aggravate others, that may come back. Someone may swerve in front of you and slam on their breaks, etc. You're practically asking like it. Just chill in the right hand lane and be a defensive driver, not offensive.

Daseal 04-11-2009 03:38 PM

GMScud -- people blocking the left lane is the largest cause of road rage according to multiple insurance company surveys.