Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cole's. Is he hurt. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=2928)

rickmmrr 09-20-2004 01:54 PM

Cole's. Is he hurt.

Coles plays with a lot of heart. And you can tell he really wants to win.

but it seems to me he only caught short and medium passes yesterday.

Isn't he really fast. Shouldn't he be able to burn the corners on deep routes?

cpayne5 09-20-2004 01:58 PM

When the Giants were blitzing every down, you don't have time to run the deep routes.

That Guy 09-20-2004 02:05 PM

he played well and showed his speed.

illdefined 09-20-2004 02:13 PM

yeah i never saw separation, even on the few plays we had time and did throw deep. certainly nothing even remotely like the Eagles got on the same secondary just a week before.

im super concerned about Coles' injury. heck, i'm super concerned about the entire offense. to think, everyone was worried about our defense this offseason (which *still* needs to be really tested) and assumed our offense would crush...

MTK 09-20-2004 02:31 PM

he had 8 catches for 100 yards, he looked ok to me

Gmanc711 09-20-2004 06:55 PM

I actually thought it was 9. That one reverse was a dumb call, and well played (and hey, we all make stupid calls, not on Gibbs at all). Coles had a nice day I think.

MTK 09-20-2004 07:06 PM

you're right it was 9 for 100

sportscurmudgeon 09-20-2004 08:18 PM

There are lots of things to worry about on this team. But Coles' out put in the first two games is not one of them.

Go to church and light a candle as a prayer for Mark Brunell's leg. Now that is something to worry about...

Hogskin 09-20-2004 08:52 PM

I agree completely Curmudgeon. Coles is always there - one of the most consistent players in the league. I hope his toe is not slowing him, it sure has not done anything to his desire, or his ability to turn in a very good performance.

RedskinRat 09-20-2004 08:56 PM

As I'm permanently banned from The Church of Satan for bad behavior I'll just set alight to a Muslim Fundementalist.

SUNRA 09-20-2004 11:05 PM

Coles had a decent game. Our offense with all of the bonehead mistakes that it made still outmatched the Giants in rushing and passing yards. We had long drive like 11 plays for 55 yds. This is why it hurts to see a team lose like it did yesterday. Too many opportunities. If the Giants should have scored more because of 7 turnovers, then we should have scored at least two more TD's with our stingy defense. We gave up only a total of 8 yards for the entire 2nd half. This defense can be very dangerous if they continue to play together.

BleedBurgundy 09-21-2004 12:07 AM

From watching the first two games, Brunell doesn't seem to have the arm to get it deep. IMHO. I just haven't seen him do it. I did see him put some zip on a few mid range tosses but when Ramsey came in, you could see a difference in velocity. Even if it was just getting to the Giants defenders that much faster...

Shane 09-21-2004 04:09 AM

Troy Aikman made it clear that there is nothing wrong with Brunell's arm. Aikman said that he was very impressed by Brunell's arm strength.

Brunell's results have to do with other things, but not arm strength, if Aikman knows the finer points of quarterbacking, and I think its fair to say he does.

That Guy 09-21-2004 06:01 AM

when and where was he impressed by brunells arm strength? yesterday? three years ago?
sorry, looking for some context ;)

MTK 09-21-2004 08:56 AM

In the Tampa game right in the beginning Aikman remarked how he was impressed with Brunell's arm.

I don't see his arm as the problem, right now it's just execution IMO. He's shown enough zip on the intermediate stuff, so far the deep stuff just hasn't been there for him.

Pasta Belly made some smart-assed remark how Brunell and Brad Johnson couldn't throw the ball through a payne of glass from 10 yards away, somehow I'll take the word of a former NFL QB over some slob journalist with a personal axe to grind against the franchise.