Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   F...Brake Slammers (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/29385-f-brake-slammers.html)

SmootSmack 04-20-2009 01:38 PM

F...Brake Slammers

More specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the side of the road as if suddenly slamming on their brakes aren't going to cause more problems...

Even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the side of the road that has already pulled another driver over, as if the cop is suddenly going to jump back in his car while writing a ticket and chase you down, when you're probably driving near the speed limit anyway.

And even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the OTHER SIDE of the highway, as if the cop is going to jump the median and chase you.

Seriously though, why do people insist on slamming the brakes whenever they see a cop car?

mredskins 04-20-2009 01:41 PM

Re: F...Brake Slammers

Oh man here we go again...see [I]Do you speed[/I]?

KLHJ2 04-20-2009 01:44 PM

Yeah, those people piss me off too. I actually speed up when I see a cop because I know that he has his guy and I don't have to worry about him pulling me over. That is, of course until Schneed jumps in front of me and creates a 4 lane blockaid.

gibbsisgod 04-20-2009 01:45 PM

F... other drivers period! Seriously, if you don't drive exactly like me you suck!

KLHJ2 04-20-2009 01:46 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod;547504]F... other drivers period! Seriously, if you don't drive exactly like me you suck![/quote]

AMEN! Wait...how do you drive?

Mattyk 04-20-2009 01:49 PM

I know, by the time you see the cop chances are he's already clocked you. It really is pointless to try to slow down right in front of him.

Daseal 04-20-2009 02:07 PM

[quote]And even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the OTHER SIDE of the highway, as if the cop is going to jump the median and chase you.[/quote]

One time this happened to me. He was going the opposite way on a 2 lane highway, and drove through the median to get me.

Trample the Elderly 04-20-2009 02:12 PM

Everyone knows that Cops operate in pairs, like "Goose and Maverick". They pull one guy and then everyone speeds up. Then the other cop gets the big ticket down the road. They've also got the helicopter in the sky clocking you and cameras everywhere. There is no escape . . . . Next thing you know they'll have and army of flying monkeys chasing down speeders, not to mention danger mouse and inspector gadget.

724Skinsfan 04-20-2009 02:12 PM

To this day I will never forget a simple rant my dad made: "Why are you braking on an interstate!"

SmootSmack 04-20-2009 02:13 PM

[quote=Daseal;547517]One time this happened to me. He was going the opposite way on a 2 lane highway, and drove through the median to get me.[/quote]

Well that's because no one likes you...but I'm talking about the rest of us

ArtMonkDrillz 04-20-2009 02:23 PM

I also can't stand it when people insist on going 5 miles [I]under[/I] the speed limit when a cop is nearby. I mean you're not going to get pulled over going 55 in a 55 for God's sake!

As for non-police related brake slammers, F them too. It was pouring down rain this morning, so yeah, driving conditions were not the best, but I got stuck behind a guy on the highway that kept speeding up and then slamming on his brakes just because the car that was about 100' ahead tapped theirs. If people are so afraid to drive in bad weather they need to just stay the hell at home.

DynamiteRave 04-20-2009 02:30 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;547507]I know, by the time you see the cop chances are he's already clocked you. It really is pointless to try to slow down right in front of him.[/quote]

As told by a cop...

He's not after the people who see him and don't make an attempt to slow down, (Granted if they're going 90 in a 65, that's definitely warrant for a ticket) but he's mostly after the people that either A) don't see him at all or B) see him and completely disregard the fact he's there.

I'm not a brake slammer but I'm not gonna get a ticket just because you're behind me and all butthurt because I'm slowing down. I'll gladly let you pass and you can shoulder the ticket for me. :laughing2

The bigger problem I have, I was caught in traffic on 495 today around 10:30am today because 2 cops, a school bus and 2 cars were pulled over on the side of the road. Really? Is that really warrant for backing up traffic like that? I suppose people were rubbernecking it. That sucks way worse than brake slammers.

tryfuhl 04-20-2009 02:32 PM

just send schneed a pm next time man

hooskins 04-20-2009 02:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;547507]I know, by the time you see the cop chances are he's already clocked you. It really is pointless to try to slow down right in front of him.[/quote]

exactly it is a pointless and stupid measure. If you know where cops hang out it might be efficient to slow down about half a mile prior.

Mattyk 04-20-2009 02:37 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;547526]As told by a cop...

He's not after the people who see him and don't make an attempt to slow down, (Granted if they're going 90 in a 65, that's definitely warrant for a ticket) but he's mostly after the people that either A) don't see him at all or B) see him and completely disregard the fact he's there.

I'm not a brake slammer but I'm not gonna get a ticket just because you're behind me and all butthurt because I'm slowing down. I'll gladly let you pass and you can shoulder the ticket for me. :laughing2

The bigger problem I have, I was caught in traffic on 495 today around 10:30am today because 2 cops, a school bus and 2 cars were pulled over on the side of the road. Really? Is that really warrant for backing up traffic like that? I suppose people were rubbernecking it. That sucks way worse than brake slammers.[/quote]

Rubbernecking is the ultimate traffic problem.