Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F...Brake Slammers (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29385)

SmootSmack 04-20-2009 01:38 PM

F...Brake Slammers

More specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the side of the road as if suddenly slamming on their brakes aren't going to cause more problems...

Even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the side of the road that has already pulled another driver over, as if the cop is suddenly going to jump back in his car while writing a ticket and chase you down, when you're probably driving near the speed limit anyway.

And even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the OTHER SIDE of the highway, as if the cop is going to jump the median and chase you.

Seriously though, why do people insist on slamming the brakes whenever they see a cop car?

mredskins 04-20-2009 01:41 PM

Re: F...Brake Slammers

Oh man here we go again...see [I]Do you speed[/I]?

KLHJ2 04-20-2009 01:44 PM

Yeah, those people piss me off too. I actually speed up when I see a cop because I know that he has his guy and I don't have to worry about him pulling me over. That is, of course until Schneed jumps in front of me and creates a 4 lane blockaid.

gibbsisgod 04-20-2009 01:45 PM

F... other drivers period! Seriously, if you don't drive exactly like me you suck!

KLHJ2 04-20-2009 01:46 PM

[quote=gibbsisgod;547504]F... other drivers period! Seriously, if you don't drive exactly like me you suck![/quote]

AMEN! Wait...how do you drive?

MTK 04-20-2009 01:49 PM

I know, by the time you see the cop chances are he's already clocked you. It really is pointless to try to slow down right in front of him.

Daseal 04-20-2009 02:07 PM

[quote]And even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the OTHER SIDE of the highway, as if the cop is going to jump the median and chase you.[/quote]

One time this happened to me. He was going the opposite way on a 2 lane highway, and drove through the median to get me.

Trample the Elderly 04-20-2009 02:12 PM

Everyone knows that Cops operate in pairs, like "Goose and Maverick". They pull one guy and then everyone speeds up. Then the other cop gets the big ticket down the road. They've also got the helicopter in the sky clocking you and cameras everywhere. There is no escape . . . . Next thing you know they'll have and army of flying monkeys chasing down speeders, not to mention danger mouse and inspector gadget.

724Skinsfan 04-20-2009 02:12 PM

To this day I will never forget a simple rant my dad made: "Why are you braking on an interstate!"

SmootSmack 04-20-2009 02:13 PM

[quote=Daseal;547517]One time this happened to me. He was going the opposite way on a 2 lane highway, and drove through the median to get me.[/quote]

Well that's because no one likes you...but I'm talking about the rest of us

ArtMonkDrillz 04-20-2009 02:23 PM

I also can't stand it when people insist on going 5 miles [I]under[/I] the speed limit when a cop is nearby. I mean you're not going to get pulled over going 55 in a 55 for God's sake!

As for non-police related brake slammers, F them too. It was pouring down rain this morning, so yeah, driving conditions were not the best, but I got stuck behind a guy on the highway that kept speeding up and then slamming on his brakes just because the car that was about 100' ahead tapped theirs. If people are so afraid to drive in bad weather they need to just stay the hell at home.

DynamiteRave 04-20-2009 02:30 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;547507]I know, by the time you see the cop chances are he's already clocked you. It really is pointless to try to slow down right in front of him.[/quote]

As told by a cop...

He's not after the people who see him and don't make an attempt to slow down, (Granted if they're going 90 in a 65, that's definitely warrant for a ticket) but he's mostly after the people that either A) don't see him at all or B) see him and completely disregard the fact he's there.

I'm not a brake slammer but I'm not gonna get a ticket just because you're behind me and all butthurt because I'm slowing down. I'll gladly let you pass and you can shoulder the ticket for me. :laughing2

The bigger problem I have, I was caught in traffic on 495 today around 10:30am today because 2 cops, a school bus and 2 cars were pulled over on the side of the road. Really? Is that really warrant for backing up traffic like that? I suppose people were rubbernecking it. That sucks way worse than brake slammers.

tryfuhl 04-20-2009 02:32 PM

just send schneed a pm next time man

hooskins 04-20-2009 02:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;547507]I know, by the time you see the cop chances are he's already clocked you. It really is pointless to try to slow down right in front of him.[/quote]

exactly it is a pointless and stupid measure. If you know where cops hang out it might be efficient to slow down about half a mile prior.

MTK 04-20-2009 02:37 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;547526]As told by a cop...

He's not after the people who see him and don't make an attempt to slow down, (Granted if they're going 90 in a 65, that's definitely warrant for a ticket) but he's mostly after the people that either A) don't see him at all or B) see him and completely disregard the fact he's there.

I'm not a brake slammer but I'm not gonna get a ticket just because you're behind me and all butthurt because I'm slowing down. I'll gladly let you pass and you can shoulder the ticket for me. :laughing2

The bigger problem I have, I was caught in traffic on 495 today around 10:30am today because 2 cops, a school bus and 2 cars were pulled over on the side of the road. Really? Is that really warrant for backing up traffic like that? I suppose people were rubbernecking it. That sucks way worse than brake slammers.[/quote]

Rubbernecking is the ultimate traffic problem.

SmootSmack 04-20-2009 02:40 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;547535]Rubbernecking is the ultimate traffic problem.[/quote]

Agreed.

And if people want to slow down because they see a cop up ahead and they're a little nervous that they're maybe driving a little too fast that's one thing. I'm talking about people that literally slam on their brakes

70Chip 04-20-2009 02:43 PM

F... people who follow so closely that someone applying their brakes is a major crisis.

saden1 04-20-2009 02:46 PM

[quote=70Chip;547542]F... people who follow so closely that someone applying their brakes is a major crisis.[/quote]

+1 :pi_lightb

SmootSmack 04-20-2009 02:57 PM

[quote=70Chip;547542]F... people who follow so closely that someone applying their brakes is a major crisis.[/quote]

I thought someone might bring this up, and truthfully I myself don't follow that closely because of brake slammers.

(I'm glad I could bring you and saden together on this cause)

MTK 04-20-2009 03:00 PM

You don't have to be following that closely to have a brake slammer create some major issues. When was the last time you saw cars 2-3 lengths apart on a busy highway anyway?

firstdown 04-20-2009 03:13 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;547561]You don't have to be following that closely to have a brake slammer create some major issues. When was the last time you saw cars 2-3 lengths apart on a busy highway anyway?[/quote]

Everytime I drive on the highway I have atleast 2-3 car lengths between me and the car in front of me.

MTK 04-20-2009 03:24 PM

[quote=firstdown;547572]Everytime I drive on the highway I have atleast 2-3 car lengths between me and the car in front of me.[/quote]

Good for you, but you're definitely in the minority.

Slingin Sammy 33 04-20-2009 03:28 PM

[quote=firstdown;547572]Everytime I drive on the highway I have atleast 2-3 car lengths between me and the car in front of me.[/quote]
I count "O..n..e T..h..o..u..s..a..n..d O..n..e O..n..e T..h.....two" between the car in front of me and a landmark on the road :)

BDBohnzie 04-20-2009 04:21 PM

(My apologies for the language ahead of time)
My absolute favorite rubberneck/rage situation: driving back from my honeymoon, started Saturday 9am in Key West, stayed overnight in Santee, SC and continued Sunday towards home. I'm on 95 somewhere between Fredericksburg and Lorton, so traffic is already a bear, but got worse because of an accident on the main line, so once I get the opportunity, I get on the HOV lanes (nearly sideswiped by an asshole who at the last second swerves onto the HOV lanes in front of me) and continue North. Traffic is crawling for several miles.

We get to 1/2 mile before the accident point and naturally everyone is slowing down the watch, which is pissing me off because I've been in the car for essentially 18 of the last 26 hours, and this was the last thing I needed. I'm watching people slow to almost a stop to see this accident, and now I'm at boiling point. So as I get to the accident, the car in front of me (one that almost sideswiped me) comes to a 3 second STOP to see the accident before continuing on. I laid on the horn while yelling (convertible, top down) and flipping the car off. I'm pretty sure I was 17 shades of red and blue, and continued to do so until I was able to swing past them.

Rubberneckers suck, as do those who slow down for Cops that are already detained. And, I do my best to keep a few car lengths from the person in front of me...which doesn't always work when their speed goes from 65 to 55 to 70 to 58 to 67 to 53, and when Johnny Pencildick with his Miata swerves in front of me so I have to slam on my brakes, just to get ahead of soccer mom and her minivan full of kids, even though if he had let off the accelerator, he could have eased in behind me with little to no trouble.

DynamiteRave 04-20-2009 07:30 PM

I learned something new today!

A friend told me today that if, for example, lets say your on a hill and there's a car closely behind you, if your car rolls backwards and hits the car behind you, it's not your fault.

Its theirs for being less than a car length away.

You guys probably all knew this already, but naive me, just figured this out today.

I know about a couple of weeks ago, my neighborhood is off on a side street so there's a lot of stop signs, some SUV comes barreling behind me weaving side to side trying to get around me while I'm going through stop signs. (Note, its a one lane street) You can bet your ass I brake slammed them. They had to swerve to miss my car. I figured it was some young guy.. When I got to my street that I needed to make a left on, the SUV pulled up beside me...

It was a woman. :doh:

firstdown 04-21-2009 09:40 AM

[quote=DynamiteRave;547678]I learned something new today!

A friend told me today that if, for example, lets say your on a hill and there's a car closely behind you, if your car rolls backwards and hits the car behind you, it's not your fault.

Its theirs for being less than a car length away.

You guys probably all knew this already, but naive me, just figured this out today.

I know about a couple of weeks ago, my neighborhood is off on a side street so there's a lot of stop signs, some SUV comes barreling behind me weaving side to side trying to get around me while I'm going through stop signs. (Note, its a one lane street) You can bet your ass I brake slammed them. They had to swerve to miss my car. I figured it was some young guy.. When I got to my street that I needed to make a left on, the SUV pulled up beside me...

It was a woman. :doh:[/quote]

I'm in the insurance business and I'm not sure if thats true or not. I would think if they are stopped and you roll back and hit them its your fault. I hear all the time stuff thats not true when it comes to that stuff and most start by saying "A friend told me".

MTK 04-21-2009 09:52 AM

Depends on the state, but if you roll back and hit someone that is too close you both might be at fault.

Hog1 04-21-2009 10:17 AM

I sense MUCH rage here..........Don't forget to smell the flowers.....while enjoying your commute, and keep your AK-47 close

FRPLG 04-21-2009 10:19 AM

Probably depends on how far to you roll. 6 inches...not your fault...6 feet...your fault for sucking at driving.

mredskins 04-21-2009 11:02 AM

[quote=firstdown;547919]I'm in the insurance business and I'm not sure if thats true or not. I would think if they are stopped and you roll back and hit them its your fault. I hear all the time stuff thats not true when it comes to that stuff and most start by saying "A friend told me".[/quote]

LOL!!!!

My mom always says "they say..." I am like who the hell is THEY!

Monkeydad 04-21-2009 11:07 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;547500]More specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the side of the road as if suddenly slamming on their brakes aren't going to cause more problems...

Even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the side of the road that has already pulled another driver over, as if the cop is suddenly going to jump back in his car while writing a ticket and chase you down, when you're probably driving near the speed limit anyway.

And even more specifically, F people who slam on their brakes when they see a cop up the highway on the OTHER SIDE of the highway, as if the cop is going to jump the median and chase you.

Seriously though, why do people insist on slamming the brakes whenever they see a cop car?[/quote]

Don't tailgate! :D

dmek25 04-21-2009 11:08 AM

im really surprised schneed hasn't chimed in on this. Philly is notorious for rubber necking. especially on the Schuylkill. there really is no need to brake on the highway, unless an accident occurs. i drove truck for 11 years, and have seen some really horrible driving

Monkeydad 04-21-2009 11:10 AM

[quote=dmek25;547964]im really surprised schneed hasn't chimed in on this. Philly is notorious for rubber necking. especially on the Schuylkill. there really is no need to brake on the highway, unless an accident occurs. i drove truck for 11 years, and have seen some really horrible driving[/quote]

What's your thoughts on Amish Buggies? :D

Hog1 04-21-2009 11:42 AM

F... the Amish and the Horse they rode in on!
[B]Safety note:[/B]
No actual Amish or their horse were injured in the compilation of this post.......

dmek25 04-21-2009 12:47 PM

[quote=Hog1;547974][B]F...[/B] [B]the Amish and the Horse they rode in on[/B]!
[B]Safety note:[/B]
No actual Amish or their horse were injured in the compilation of this post.......[/quote]
enjoy the fruits of using our roadways, without paying for them. f... the amish

firstdown 04-21-2009 03:21 PM

[quote=dmek25;548001]enjoy the fruits of using our roadways, without paying for them. f... the amish[/quote]
The Amish don't pay taxes?

JoeRedskin 04-21-2009 03:28 PM

Q: What goes clip clop clip clop BANG clip clop clip clop

A: An amish drive-by shooting.

Nothing like a little amish road rage.

Now back to your regularly scheduled "F..." thread.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-21-2009 03:28 PM

[quote=Hog1;547935]I sense MUCH rage here..........Don't forget to smell the flowers.....while enjoying your commute, and keep your AK-47 close[/quote]

I use a M-16

MTK 04-21-2009 03:35 PM

"Do the Amish pay taxes?"

"Self-employed Amish do not pay Social Security tax. Those employed by non-Amish employers do pay Social Security tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc.

The Amish do not collect Social Security benefits, nor would they collect unemployment or welfare funds. Self sufficiency is the Amish community's answer to government aid programs. Section 310 of the Medicare section of the Social Security act has a sub-section that permits individuals to apply for exemption from the self-employment tax if he is a member of a religious body that is conscientiously opposed to social security benefits but that makes reasonable provision of taking care of their own elderly or dependent members. The Amish have a long history of taking care of their own members. They do not have retirement communities or nursing homes; in most cases, each family takes care of their own, and the Amish community gives assistance as needed."

[url=http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/8732]Do Amish people have to pay property tax? | Answerbag.com[/url]

70Chip 04-21-2009 06:08 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;548081]"Do the Amish pay taxes?"

"Self-employed Amish do not pay Social Security tax. Those employed by non-Amish employers do pay Social Security tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc.

The Amish do not collect Social Security benefits, nor would they collect unemployment or welfare funds. Self sufficiency is the Amish community's answer to government aid programs. Section 310 of the Medicare section of the Social Security act has a sub-section that permits individuals to apply for exemption from the self-employment tax if he is a member of a religious body that is conscientiously opposed to social security benefits but that makes reasonable provision of taking care of their own elderly or dependent members. The Amish have a long history of taking care of their own members. They do not have retirement communities or nursing homes; in most cases, each family takes care of their own, and the Amish community gives assistance as needed."

[/quote]

F... Social Security. They should have put in a subsection for people who think Social Security is bullshit.