Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Other teams interest in Knowshon Moreno could benefit us... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29399)

John Denny 04-20-2009 06:31 PM

Other teams interest in Knowshon Moreno could benefit us...

Paolantonio reported on ESPN that the eagles really like the guy and would consider moving up to get him. I don't think he'll go before us so we could be in a good spot to move back because of the interest in Moreno. The Saints and Chargers (both pick after us) are probably in the market for a RB and now with the Eagles joining the fray, this could play into our hands (if Orakpo or one of the four tackles don't fall to us).
The Eagles still have plenty of picks to play with and might not care about trading within the division to get the guy they want. And because they're in the division, we might be able to get a better price, especially with the Saints and Chargers in the mix. Who wants him?!

WaldSkins 04-20-2009 06:39 PM

re: Other teams interest in Knowshon Moreno could benefit us...

[quote=John Denny;547656]Paolantonio reported on ESPN that the eagles really like the guy and would consider moving up to get him. I don't think he'll go before us so we could be in a good spot to move back because of the interest in Moreno. The Saints and Chargers (both pick after us) are probably in the market for a RB and now with the Eagles joining the fray, this could play into our hands (if Orakpo or one of the four tackles don't fall to us).
The Eagles still have plenty of picks to play with and might not care about trading within the division to get the guy they want. And because they're in the division, we might be able to get a better price, especially with the Saints and Chargers in the mix. Who wants him?![/quote]

I doubt the Chargers select a RB with LT and Sproles still under contract.

Son Of Man 04-20-2009 06:42 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;547660]I doubt the Chargers select a RB with LT and Sproles still under contract.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking! Especially at 1st round pick $$$$$

WaldSkins 04-20-2009 06:47 PM

[quote=Son Of Man;547662]That's what I was thinking! Especially at 1st round pick $$$$$[/quote]

And i'll put money on the Saints to go defense with there number one pick. There defense is horrible.

John Denny 04-20-2009 06:52 PM

LT is coming up on that dreaded benchmark...30. He's got a ton of miles on those legs and while he's been pretty healthy throughout his career, last year might have been the beginning of the end for him. Plus, how long can they pay elite RB money to a 30 year old? Indy parted ways with Edge when he was in his prime and that has turned out to be the correct decision. And Sproles, as good as he was last year, is nothing more than a change-of-pace back. Get him 15 or so touches a game and let him run wild in the return game and that's where he'll thrive. He'll never be a featured back.
The Saints have Pierre Thomas, who proved he can handle the rock, and Bush but Bush can never stay healthy. And to be successful in this league, you have to have at least two healthy and productive RB's. Moreno would definately fit what the Saints do because he's a good receiver and pass blocker. Three RB's can work too (Jacobs, Ward and Bradshaw aka Earth, Wind and Fire).
The Eagles really need a RB. Buckhalter bolted to Denver and now they're left with Westbrook, who is a bonafide game-changer but can never stay healthy. The Eagles really need another RB and Moreno could be that guy, especially now that they're set on the O-line.

WaldSkins 04-20-2009 06:52 PM

[quote=John Denny;547656]Paolantonio reported on ESPN that the eagles really like the guy and would consider moving up to get him. I don't think he'll go before us so [B]we could be in a good spot to move back[/B] because of the interest in Moreno. The Saints and Chargers (both pick after us) are probably in the market for a RB and now with the Eagles joining the fray, this could play into our hands (if Orakpo or one of the four tackles don't fall to us).
The Eagles still have plenty of picks to play with and might not care about trading within the division to get the guy they want. And because they're in the division, we might be able to get a better price, especially with the Saints and Chargers in the mix. Who wants him?![/quote]

I thought that we were moving up?

John Denny 04-20-2009 06:56 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;547665]I thought that we were moving up?[/quote]

I'd be really disappointed if we did unless it was to draft a tackle or Orakpo. Sanchez makes no sense for us right now.

CRedskinsRule 04-20-2009 07:06 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;547665]I thought that we were moving up?[/quote]

we are moving up, grabbing Sanchez. Packaging him Cooley, and next years first for this years 20th and 33rd, so that we can draft a punter and fg kicker in the top two rounds.
GEEZ keep up with the news

Nflnick11 04-20-2009 07:12 PM

No no no we need, in this order, OT DE OLB C/G then a speedy back ...next year we can get brandon James of Florida as our backup RB

Redskin Jim 04-20-2009 07:13 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;547663]And i'll put money on the Saints to go defense with there number one pick. There defense is horrible.[/quote]
I think they WILL go defense with their first pick, but they have shown interest in C. Wells and Moreno in replacing the hole left by the departure of Duece McAlister.

53Fan 04-20-2009 07:24 PM

I could see New Orleans or Philly being interested. But Philly may go after TE Pettigrew then RB Donald Brown later. I'm sure G. Williams will be lobbying for defense but N.O."s headcoach (his name escapes me right now) is an offensive guy and unless he's ok with Pierre, he may go RB.

WaldSkins 04-20-2009 07:27 PM

[quote=53Fan;547675]I could see New Orleans or Philly being interested. But Philly may go after TE Pettigrew then RB Donald Brown later. I'm sure G. Williams will be lobbying for defense but N.O."s headcoach ([B]his name escapes me right now[/B]) is an offensive guy and unless he's ok with Pierre, he may go RB.[/quote]

Sean Payton

Redskin Jim 04-20-2009 07:27 PM

[quote=53Fan;547675]I could see New Orleans or Philly being interested. But Philly may go after TE Pettigrew then RB Donald Brown later. I'm sure G. Williams will be lobbying for defense but N.O."s headcoach (his name escapes me right now) is an offensive guy and unless he's ok with Pierre, he may go RB.[/quote]Agreed.. Sean Payton

John Denny 04-20-2009 07:33 PM

[quote=53Fan;547675]I could see New Orleans or Philly being interested. But Philly may go after TE Pettigrew then RB Donald Brown later. I'm sure G. Williams will be lobbying for defense but N.O."s headcoach (his name escapes me right now) is an offensive guy and unless he's ok with Pierre, he may go RB.[/quote]

Donald Brown is a really good all-around back. I could see a number of teams being interested in him (NE comes to mind).

Redskin Jim 04-20-2009 07:37 PM

[quote=John Denny;547679]Donald Brown is a really good all-around back. I could see a number of teams being interested in him (NE comes to mind).[/quote]Or us, he would be a nice change of pace back. If, he fell into the later rounds.