Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trading Players for Draft Picks Game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29436)

Ruhskins 04-22-2009 11:31 PM

Trading Players for Draft Picks Game

Since the draft won't start until 4pm, we still have a little bit of room for speculations. As I was reading the Redskins presser today, the phrase "trading veteran players" showed up, I started to think about making this thread.

Throwing cap implications out the window (sorry Schneed), which current Redskins player would you trade for draft picks?

Try to keep it somewhat within reality in regards of which player (i.e. trading Samuels is wayyy out in fantasy land) and the compensation (i.e. we're not getting a 1st rounder for Colt Brennan, ok?).

The only ones I can think of, would be trading either Anthony Montgomery or Kedric Golston for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Ok, ready, set, speculate!

derekc4 04-22-2009 11:42 PM

Re: Trading Players for Draft Picks Game

Rogers and Campbell. Rogers would cost money, but Campbell would save us money. Rogers could probably get a low 2nd or 3rd while Campbell could probably get between a 2nd or 4th. Hard to gauge value.

AnimateYYZ 04-22-2009 11:51 PM

I would trade Reed Doughty to the Patriots for their seventh round pick next year.

GridIron26 04-22-2009 11:54 PM

Rogers and Campbell are on my no-trade list; I would wait until this season for both of them - both of them have sort of low values (compared to what we spent to get them)..

Golston and Montgomery, for some reason I'm having difficult time to accept the idea of trading them.. They are decent DTs, Montgomery is still growing.. Who knows how much gas Griffin has in the tank (and how long he can stay healthy).. I would be willing to trade one of them (for 2nd round or early 3rd rd), I would prefer to keep one of them..

I would try shipping Betts and Randle El, although both may be worth such as 3rd or 4th? More picks is better than stucking with veterans who doesn't produce much (arguments can be made with Randle El, but he is not worth what we are paying him)..

Lotus 04-22-2009 11:58 PM

I don't wan to trade any high value guys so I find this to be a hard game. However, I'll bite.

I agree with Golston or Monty for a 3rd or 4th
Smoot for a 5th
Doughty for a 6th or 7th
Randle El for a 4th or 5th, maybe even a 3rd
Brennan for a 6th
Tryon for some twinkies

Redskin Jim 04-23-2009 01:10 AM

Monty, Golston, Betts, Tryon, Randel El, Yoder, Jansen, Rabach, Blades, Fincher... ALL AVAILABLE FOR A THIRD ROUNDER! PS Smoot

GTripp0012 04-23-2009 01:14 AM

Moss, if only because this is the very last year we'll be able to get anything for him. If we hold onto him another year, we'll probably get a productive year from the guy, but then he's a 31 year old receiver whose best days will be well in the rear view mirror.

Golston as well, if only because I think Lorenzo Alexander needs to make the team.

skins89moss 04-23-2009 01:53 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;548549]Moss, if only because this is the very last year we'll be able to get anything for him. If we hold onto him another year, we'll probably get a productive year from the guy, but then he's a 31 year old receiver whose best days will be well in the rear view mirror.

Golston as well, if only because I think Lorenzo Alexander needs to make the team.[/quote]

Well if we some how draft Mark Sanchez than we might as well try to trade S. Moss for at least a 2nd and 5th round pick. If we get Sanchez i cant see why we would keep Campbell. I rather keep Campbell but if the front office has their mind set on a rookie qb than so be it. We would not have a #1 WR on our roster unless our young WR can step up. We dont have many players with value, Betts we might get a 5th or 6th pick at best. Then would have to find a replacement for him. So Moss is our only player who would draw high interest from teams. It would be hard letting Moss go.

backrow 04-23-2009 07:31 AM

[quote=Lotus;548537]I don't wan to trade any high value guys so I find this to be a hard game. However, I'll bite.

I agree with Golston or Monty for a 3rd or 4th
Smoot for a 5th
Doughty for a 6th or 7th
Randle El for a 4th or 5th, maybe even a 3rd
Brennan for a 6th
Tryon for some twinkies[/quote]

LOL!

Cerrato for............ uh............we don't need anything for VC, we will give up a framed portrait of the three trophies for someone to take him off our hands and to get rid of him!

Snyder ................for the Squire! Darn! Wish we could have him back!

tryfuhl 04-23-2009 07:58 AM

Threads like this are depressing because the only player we have worth a 1st rounder would be the guy we just gave a record contract to. Not many 2nds either, maybe Hall, but we just locked him up too. Moss might get a 2nd. ARE would get what.. a 4th? Only if he was willing to take a lower contract?

johno 04-23-2009 08:07 AM

Ruh - Great thread. I am good with losing Brennan, Smoot, and/or Doughty. I am not as high on Brennan as most. Of course I hope he is effing awesome and takes us to a trillion superbowls down the line, but I am not on board with the Cult of Colt quite yet.

SC Skins Fan 04-23-2009 08:27 AM

Golston and that is pretty much it. I wouldn't trade Montgomery, he is clearly the better player (don't tell Greg Blache) and Haynesworth is not going to play all the snaps at nose this year. As Tripp said, Alexander should make this team and right now we have three guys who are best suited to the nose and it would be best if we could have Alexander to back up Griff at the "3".

tryfuhl 04-23-2009 08:45 AM

[quote=johno;548571]Ruh - Great thread. I am good with losing Brennan, Smoot, and/or Doughty. I am not as high on Brennan as most. Of course I hope he is effing awesome and takes us to a trillion superbowls down the line, but I am not on board with the Cult of Colt quite yet.[/quote]

You're not going to get anything for Colt worth trading. It's not like he's even worth a 4th at this point. If someone wanted him that badly they would've drafted him before the 6th round last year.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-23-2009 09:13 AM

I would trade Betts and ARE as well, but I really don't think we'd be able to get more than a 5th rounder for either of them.

We would need to trade them to a team that's been known to give away 3rds and 4ths for marginal players... I know, we could trade them to ourselves!

vallin21 04-23-2009 09:34 AM

Betts and Golston [B]might[/B] warrant a 3rd, but beyond that I don't see anyone on our team, that other teams would trade for.