Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2009 NFL Draft Chat/Discussion (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29470)

MTK 04-26-2009 07:26 PM

Re: 2009 NFL Draft Chat/Discussion

[quote=SmootSmack;551399]But, from their perspective, this offseason they picked up Dockery and Mike Williams (who may or may not make the roster) and it's another year of experience for Heyer and Rinehart.[/quote]

Plus there's always the UDFA crop to sort through.

MiraclesHappen07 04-26-2009 07:27 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;551385]I just don't get it, sorry? They could have gone after Troy Kropog in the third? They had Jamon Meredith, Duke Robinson, and Hermann Johnson sitting right there in the fifth round and they get a LB? Granted these guys fell for a reason but no one can tell me that they're not good depth especially in the fifth and now they go and draft another WR? No OT, no G, No C. Everyone was like, we can get Mack or Wood in the later rounds. Yeah right!
Evidently Vinnie didn't get that text message we intercepted from Buges.

:benched:[/quote]

Yeah and if we wanted a Lb, why did we trade with viking to move down to draft a lb who hasnt been a lb for majority of his college playing days, when we had Brinkley sitting right there in our faces...

tryfuhl 04-26-2009 07:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;551413]Plus there's always the UDFA crop to sort through.[/quote]

True, for those looking at Rashad Jennings, he got picked, but Sheets didn't, who knows.

Lotus 04-26-2009 07:36 PM

I can't believe that a guy named "Succop" is Mr. Irrelevant.

Trample the Elderly 04-26-2009 07:47 PM

[quote=tryfuhl;551411]You're the only one that I can think of, sir. ;)[/quote]

You're right, I should have made my stick "The AARP Express". Don't call me Sir, I work for a living.

tryfuhl 04-26-2009 10:10 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;551254]We lost a lot of parts and needed to use resources there.

I'm not all that disappointed that we didn't touch the OL as we aren't exactly oozing with roster space at that position, but I'm pretty shocked that we're not spending late round picks on a runner we like. I mean, it's a perfect use of a 5th or 6th rounder, and we're just poking around for linebackers who can't all make the team because, again, limited roster space.[/quote]

What do you think of Sheets? He went undrafted right?

Dirtbag59 04-27-2009 04:07 PM

Vinny keeps on saying the draft isn't very deep at the line. I'm really starting to think though that they do draft for need. Last year they wanted to add recievers and walah, 3 pass catchers were on top of their board. This year they wanted to add a DE...ok Orakpo is a freak and a good pick. However he keeps on drafting guys projected to be undrafted free agents and while some of them are good I have a hard time believing that this was a weak class for Offensive lineman, particularly tackle. If the offensive line faulters this year then wait till next year and suddenly you'll see a "deep draft" at lineman.

Oh and on last year Vinny said that they traded down because only 19 guys had first round grades yet Thomas, Kelly, and Davis all happened to have first round grades. Derrick Dockery also had a first round grade. Again I hope all these guys develop but if anything Vinny is a master at bullshit and overselling.