Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Meet Cody Glenn (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29528)

cobracai1 04-26-2009 04:20 PM

Re: Meet Cody Glenn

[quote=roth74va;551213]C'mon guys....toughin up, maybe go change your diaper. The guy calls someone an ass, and everyone gets their feelings hurt, lol.

Anyways........Duke Robinson would have been nice. And "late" rounders are a crap shoot, but taking someone that wasnt gonna be picked is plain stupid. Like has already been said, Id like to see them at least address a need when your rolling the dice.[/quote]

OLB is not a need?

Superman13732 04-26-2009 04:21 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;551211]True, but it's a hit or miss with the draft, even in the first round. For every Chris Horton, there's a Dallas Sartz. Now if the FO had traded up for Sanchez, you would have seen me ranting off in here.[/quote]

haha, i would have been with you on that one, all im saying is that Meredith and Robinson were both available. Robinson was a projected late second, early third round pick. His only flaw being charachter issues? He graduated with a 3.7. Call me crazy, this seemed as safe of a 5th round pick as was out there.

Superman13732 04-26-2009 04:24 PM

[quote=cobracai1;551216]OLB is not a need?[/quote]

Not this OLB.

Lotus 04-26-2009 04:25 PM

[quote=Superman13732;551212]The problem people had with Brady was he was the most "unathletic" quarterback that they had ever seen, they didn't think that he could avoid the rush in the pocket. Other than there weren't really ny glaring negatives on Brady.[/quote]

Actually people also doubted whether Brady had a strong enough arm and whether he could function in a pro-style offense.

But that is not the point. The point is that we don't really know who has potential, and who does not, until they start knocking heads. Scouting reports can be wrong. On field play is the proof in the pudding. So let's see them play before we judge.

Ruhskins 04-26-2009 04:25 PM

[quote=Superman13732;551217]haha, i would have been with you on that one, all im saying is that Meredith and Robinson were both available. Robinson was a projected late second, early third round pick. His only flaw being charachter issues? He graduated with a 3.7. Call me crazy, this seemed as safe of a 5th round pick as was out there.[/quote]

I started to think about the offensive line, and I wonder what Buges must be telling the team. Didn't he have big compliment for Casey Rabach, who people here think is decomposing? I mean in the end the FO may be going with what Buges is telling them. Otherwise, maybe we would have gone with Oher.

cobracai1 04-26-2009 04:26 PM

[quote=Superman13732;551217]haha, i would have been with you on that one, all im saying is that Meredith and Robinson were both available. Robinson was a projected late second, early third round pick. His only flaw being charachter issues? He graduated with a 3.7. Call me crazy, this seemed as safe of a 5th round pick as was out there.[/quote]

I'm a HUGE Sooner fan so I would love nothing more than to see Sooners as Redskins but Duke had some serious issues. He was just not motivated and had an off field history. Dont know much about Meredith but there is definitely a reason why Duke slid. Remember Alan Branch a couple years ago? I know he was a DT but same kind of guy. Ridiculously talented but just not a hard worker. In the NFL you're going against guys who are all really talented. Kind of evens things out. Also in Duke's scouting report he is great at the point but awful at getting to the second level. With the 3-4, guards need to be able to get out to the second level.

Superman13732 04-26-2009 04:29 PM

[quote=Lotus;551225]Actually people also doubted whether Brady had a strong enough arm and whether he could function in a pro-style offense.

But that is not the point. The point is that we don't really know who has potential, and who does not, until they start knocking heads. Scouting reports can be wrong. On field play is the proof in the pudding. So let's see them play before we judge.[/quote]

He has played OLB for ONE (uno) years. i don't think Brady switched from Linebacker to Qb the year before he was drafted did he? Just checking my info.

Lotus 04-26-2009 05:09 PM

[quote=cobracai1;551227]I'm a HUGE Sooner fan so I would love nothing more than to see Sooners as Redskins but Duke had some serious issues. He was just not motivated and had an off field history. Dont know much about Meredith but there is definitely a reason why Duke slid. Remember Alan Branch a couple years ago? I know he was a DT but same kind of guy. Ridiculously talented but just not a hard worker. In the NFL you're going against guys who are all really talented. Kind of evens things out. Also in Duke's scouting report he is great at the point but awful at getting to the second level. With the 3-4, guards need to be able to get out to the second level.[/quote]

Thank you for the fine run down on Duke.

Lotus 04-26-2009 05:10 PM

[quote=Superman13732;551237]He has played OLB for ONE (uno) years. i don't think Brady switched from Linebacker to Qb the year before he was drafted did he? Just checking my info.[/quote]

I am trying not to bust your grill and be as nice as possible when I say that you continue to miss the point.

Superman13732 04-26-2009 05:17 PM

[quote=Lotus;551250]I am trying not to bust your grill and be as nice as possible when I say that you continue to miss the point.[/quote]

Please, go for it, bust my grill. Oh, its a chicken shoot? Agreed, however, you can still take TALENT. God, they might as well have drafted a cheerleader. Have you read the reviews on him? This isn't rocket science, this kid couldn't play in college, what makes you think he can play in the pros? That is the key, of all the players that make it in the late rounds, how many of them have had almost zero impact in college? Take your best shot, haha, i think i can handle it. I wont go crying home to mommy like some of the yokels on here.

cpayne5 04-26-2009 05:18 PM

[quote=Superman13732;551237]He has played OLB for ONE (uno) years. i don't think Brady switched from Linebacker to Qb the year before he was drafted did he? Just checking my info.[/quote]

Who said he was drafted to be a LB? ;)

Superman13732 04-26-2009 05:21 PM

[quote=cpayne5;551258]Who said he was drafted to be a LB? ;)[/quote]

Haha thas is the best thing I've heard about this kid all day.

Nflnick11 04-26-2009 05:27 PM

Where's the oline picks and what was wrong with Robinson and Meredith smootsmack what have you heard??

Superman13732 04-26-2009 05:31 PM

[quote=Nflnick11;551264]Where's the oline picks and what was wrong with Robinson and Meredith smootsmack what have you heard??[/quote]

I don't know about Meredith, but I heard Robinson has a horrendous work ethic. But i still think either one of those two lineman would have been better than Cody Glenn, by far.

BrunellMVP? 04-26-2009 05:33 PM

i mean, Robinson and Meredith here makes worlds more sense, but I'll have faith.