Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Man Throws 3 Month Old Baby From Moving Car (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=29723)

jsarno 05-08-2009 04:24 PM

Re: Man Throws 3 Month Old Baby From Moving Car

[quote=CRedskinsRule;555926]I understand all the venting in here, as I said the DP should apply in this case. However, having a civilized society, and rule of law, is done so that mob brutality, or individual vendettas are not carried out. It's one thing for the state to properly convict, sentence, and execute a murderer, especially truly horrific or brutal ones. It's another to call for someone to "take this into their own hands". Where does that line get drawn.

No I don't hope someone takes this into their own hands, I hope this man is convicted in a court of law, given the harshest sentence possible, and if possible placed on death row to be executed. There is a difference between life in prison, and life on death row. Life in prison means that you will in fact have a life, you will eventually work your way up in a hierarchy of hard criminals, and at some point the brutalities you have shown, become badges of honor. Life on death row, is the solitude that JoeRedskin talked of. you have no hope, except pardon, or legal maneuverings. you get no interaction except guards and minimal exercise required by individual states. You think day in/out of what caused you to be in there. and in the end this 20 something man's life, for as long as he has left, would be a shell where he would only think of what led him to that point.[/quote]

There is nothing civil about what he did...and keep in mind, and this seems to often be forgotten, think about the memories and sleepless nights those family members will have. This is more than just a brutal murder of a baby, this is about the phychologic rape of the family members that they will NEVER forget. So let's say that there are 10 close family members this truly affects (could be more could be less, but let's round off) if each of them has approx 40 more years left on this earth, that's 400 years of torture to them. How in the world is this guy going to make ammends for 400 years of torture? This is why I do not think there should be any such thing as "cruel and unusual punishment". Make the punishment fit the crime, and there is none for this guy by our current standards.

SmootSmack 05-08-2009 04:53 PM

The problem is what is even "cruel and unusual" for this guy? When I think "cruel and unusual" I think it's something that makes the person suffer. He appears to be such a mentally and emotionally empty person that he probably doen't even care what will happen to him. So all the pain and torture etc. we'd all like him to feel I guess other than physically he never would.

Monksdown 05-08-2009 05:11 PM

I think general population at any maximum security prison would take care of him in about 24 hours. Just don't confine him. Scum.

jsarno 05-08-2009 06:27 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;556172]The problem is what is even "cruel and unusual" for this guy? When I think "cruel and unusual" I think it's something that makes the person suffer. He appears to be such a mentally and emotionally empty person that he probably doen't even care what will happen to him. So all the pain and torture etc. we'd all like him to feel I guess other than physically he never would.[/quote]

I think you are assuming he is cold, and emotionless 24/7. I doubt he is...I'm betting he was acting out of emotion and he was pissed off at his EX and wanted to teach her a lesson. His mind probably couldn't come up with a decent answer so he did something unspeakable not using the rational side of his brain. If he was THAT cold and emotionless he would have never had a girlfriend in the first place. He obviously feels.
About cruel and unusual punishment. There is no such thing in this case by our standards, but by law standards cruel and unusual will apply to several different scenarios that we have already mentioned. This guy will be treated too well from start to finish, including *IF* he gets the death penalty. There should be NO DOUBT he gets the chair, and he should not be allowed to drag this out, but he will. Cruel and unusual punishment is what the parents have to go through waiting for this ass to die.

SmootSmack 05-08-2009 07:56 PM

I don't think this was an isolated incident though (not that he's thrown other babies out of cars), he has a history of assault and battery. Maybe his problem it's lack of emotion, it's over-emotion?

saden1 05-08-2009 08:00 PM

The guy is clearly insane. No one in their right mind throws a baby out of a car and then proceeds to say "It's a dirty game, a dirty game." when asked about it. He ain't normal.

CRedskinsRule 05-09-2009 12:04 PM

[quote=saden1;556207]The guy is clearly insane. No one in their right mind throws a baby out of a car and then proceeds to say "It's a dirty game, a dirty game." when asked about it. He ain't normal.[/quote]

so are you saying put him in a mental institution?

saden1 05-09-2009 12:35 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;556283]so are you saying put him in a mental institution?[/quote]

I am merely affirming the obvious. What I am really saying is he's a crazy SOB that needs to be put down.

JPPT1974 05-09-2009 10:38 PM

[quote=saden1;555473]I would like to volunteer to shoot that man in the face.[/quote]

Guy was a jerk! Despite wanting to do that, still you don't want to be in line for the needle in the arm my friend!

Schneed10 05-09-2009 10:54 PM

I'm with jsarno (weird, right?). There's no such thing as too harsh for this guy. I'd like to see his nuts cut off and vinegar poured in the wound. I'd like to see his fingernails pulled off one by one with needlenose pliers. And I'd like to see him left alone in a pitch-black 6x6 cell with 100 mosquitos.

For me, I don't advocate incredibly harsh punishment because it would deter people from committing crimes. And it's not even so much about making him feel terrible for what he did. I advocate it because seeing it happen would make me feel better. I've got a strong thirst for justice and death just doesn't cut it for me.

I'm not on board with the notion: "civilized societies just don't do that." I guess call me uncivilized in that respect. Death's not enough here, and life in prison is definitely not enough. There should be painful physical torture involved here.

saden1 05-10-2009 11:01 AM

[quote=JPPT1974;556340]Guy was a jerk! Despite wanting to do that, still you don't want to be in line for the needle in the arm my friend![/quote]

Jerk is what you are when you tell a girl I'll call you but don't call her. He's not a jerk, he's a baby killer of the worst kind.

jsarno 05-10-2009 09:34 PM

[quote=Schneed10;556344]I'm with jsarno (weird, right?). There's no such thing as too harsh for this guy. I'd like to see his nuts cut off and vinegar poured in the wound. I'd like to see his fingernails pulled off one by one with needlenose pliers. And I'd like to see him left alone in a pitch-black 6x6 cell with 100 mosquitos.

For me, I don't advocate incredibly harsh punishment because it would deter people from committing crimes. And it's not even so much about making him feel terrible for what he did. I advocate it because seeing it happen would make me feel better. I've got a strong thirst for justice and death just doesn't cut it for me.

I'm not on board with the notion: "civilized societies just don't do that." I guess call me uncivilized in that respect. Death's not enough here, and life in prison is definitely not enough. There should be painful physical torture involved here.[/quote]

Well said.

KLHJ2 05-11-2009 09:16 AM

:vomit:

firstdown 05-11-2009 10:19 AM

So I read through this thread and I see several people who say that nothing is too harsh for this guy. The same people have a problem with the goverment and how its treated some people who are out to kill as many Americans as they can given the chance. Whats the difference and babies died at 9/11?

Missin21 05-13-2009 09:49 PM

[quote=jsarno;555495]As someone that lost a child, this makes me want to puke. This is the reason I do not believe there is such a thing as "cruel and unusual punishment". He should be put in a locked room with ALL the family members and friends of that poor child / mother and let them do what they want to him. This is something that there is no good enough punishment for.[/quote]

People like him is what Hell was designed for. There is no punishment worse then to suffer eternally, hopefully with the screams of that baby in his ears to accompany him...forever.

That poor mother...