Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   This Will Be Fun To Watch Pelosi Says CIA Lied (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/29817-will-fun-watch-pelosi-says-cia.html)

firstdown 05-14-2009 04:18 PM

This Will Be Fun To Watch Pelosi Says CIA Lied

Well Nancy Pelosi has been all over the place on what she knew and now she says that the CIA lied to congress about enhanced interrogation techniques. She also said that she approved some enhanced interrogation techniques so the Dems could win control. What? She put her party before the safty of her country.
[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/14/pelosi-reiterates-didnt-know-waterboarding-use/]Pelosi Accuses CIA of 'Misleading' Congress on Waterboarding - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com[/url]

GMScud 05-14-2009 04:52 PM

Re: This Will Be Fun To Watch Pelosi Says CIA Lied

To me, Nancy Pelosi = fingernails on a chalkboard.

firstdown 05-14-2009 04:57 PM

[quote=GMScud;557518]To me, Nancy Pelosi = fingernails on a chalkboard.[/quote]
I'll agree. While a disagree with Obama I still like him personally but Nancy is a much different story. I think she is lying and now trying to cover her butt with more lies and is digging herself into a hole.

steveo395 05-14-2009 05:32 PM

Nancy Pelosi is total trash. She had so many chances to be against waterboarding years ago when this all started and she knowlingly went along with it. Now she is going against it and lying about what happened before purely for political reasons.

Monksdown 05-14-2009 05:44 PM

Are you telling me there are Democratic leaders in Congress that lie and tells shades of truth to cover their own asses? no....

FRPLG 05-14-2009 05:50 PM

[quote=Monksdown;557563]Are you telling me there are Democratic leaders in Congress that lie and tells shades of truth to cover their own asses? no....[/quote]

It's called being a politician

firstdown 05-14-2009 06:17 PM

[quote=FRPLG;557567]It's called being a politician[/quote]

You know as great as this country is why the hell can we not get decent honest people in Washington?

budw38 05-14-2009 06:29 PM

Plastic Pelosi ,,, dishonest ,,, say it isn't so . She does like free speech ..[url=http://archives.cnn.com/2001/LAW/01/08/nambla.suit.crim/]CNN.com - Parents of murdered child sue child-sex advocates - January 8, 2001[/url] . As Pelosi defended nambla's right to " free speech " .

70Chip 05-14-2009 06:47 PM

Don't ever eff with the CIA... (they stink at espionage but they are masters of internal Washington politics, just ask Scooter Libby)

[yt]Sx0t-pLLD2k&feature=related[/yt]

Trample the Elderly 05-14-2009 07:04 PM

[quote=firstdown;557587]You know as great as this country is why the hell can we not get decent honest people in Washington?[/quote]

Because it's so much easier to make more money in the private sector honestly. Well. . . . It used to be.

70Chip 05-14-2009 09:03 PM

Honestly, unless the Democrats call off these threatened hearings and so forth, I think Pelosi is finished. Steny Hoyer is already warming up in the bullpen. The CIA will drip, drip, drip until the Democrats decide to throw her aside. Of course, if all the hearings/truth comission talk subsides, the CIA might consider standing down. However, Leahy and the others are pretty well comitted so they may decide that losing Pelosi is worth the trouble. She was always a weak speaker anyways. Weakness was her greatest strength. Murtha, Obey, Waxman and the other committee chairmen enjoyed being able to have a free run because she was so weak. That won't be enough to save her from this, though.

dmek25 05-15-2009 12:52 AM

why does it always seem that republicans have problems with women in power? you guys hate Pelosi, hated Hilliary. any woman you guys like? i know, old gap tooth her self

SmootSmack 05-15-2009 01:10 AM

[quote=dmek25;557664]why does it always seem that republicans have problems with women in power? you guys hate Pelosi, hated Hilliary. any woman you guys like? i know, old gap tooth her self[/quote]

What a blanket generalization. Pelosi could be a walrus (male or female) and I think the opinion of many of her would not change (it may improve!). I think for most people, including Republicans, it has nothing to do with her being a woman.

To just throw out the Republicans have problems with women in power is pretty ignorant and insulting.

tryfuhl 05-15-2009 01:11 AM

[quote=firstdown;557587]You know as great as this country is why the hell can we not get decent honest people in Washington?[/quote]

There's too much personal benefit from the job.

tryfuhl 05-15-2009 01:12 AM

[quote=dmek25;557664]why does it always seem that republicans have problems with women in power? you guys hate Pelosi, hated Hilliary. any woman you guys like? i know, old gap tooth her self[/quote]
I hate to be a turd, but female irrationality from having their decisions oft dictated by emotion, isn't exactly an efficient model of power. Of course there are exceptions that wear pant suits, but I guess someone had to say it. It isn't meant as sexism; I'm sure we've all had good female bosses and leaders but just as many if not more where you just palm your face as well.