Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/)
-   -   Good lord the Wizards have the worst luck. (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/29861-good-lord-wizards-have-worst-luck.html)

FRPLG 05-19-2009 08:51 PM

Good lord the Wizards have the worst luck.

5th. Ugggg. I would have bet my house that they'd end up with the 5th pick. It's their luck.

djnemo65 05-19-2009 09:14 PM

Re: Good lord the Wizards have the worst luck.

Man, I had my money ready for a gold and black Blake Griffin jersey. That sucks.

SmootSmack 05-19-2009 09:22 PM

I gotta think we're looking to trade that pick. Maybe an international exchange for Bosh?

ArtMonkDrillz 05-19-2009 09:53 PM

[quote=djnemo65;558641]Man, I had my money ready for a gold and black Blake Griffin jersey. That sucks.[/quote]I think they're done with those atrocious things, but I feel your pain.

Ah, poop.

GMScud 05-19-2009 10:22 PM

[quote=FRPLG;558635]5th. Ugggg. I would have bet my house that they'd end up with the 5th pick. It's their luck.[/quote]

The curse of Les Boulez. Damn.

hooskins 05-20-2009 01:36 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;558643]I gotta think we're looking to trade that pick. Maybe an international exchange for Bosh?[/quote]

I would be down.

mredskins 05-20-2009 08:28 AM

I feel your pain, the Celtics have had the worst luck in the lottery it seems as well. I think the NBA lottery is just plain dumb to be honest.

FRPLG 05-20-2009 08:57 AM

[quote=mredskins;558688]I feel your pain, the Celtics have had the worst luck in the lottery it seems as well. I think the NBA lottery is just plain dumb to be honest.[/quote]

I do too. I think the lottery should be the bottom 5 teams and they draw for the top spot only. Right now it really seems unfair how every year the worst teams don't get the top spots.

Daseal 05-20-2009 09:26 AM

Wasn't the lottery started because teams were tanking games at the end of the season for the #1 spot?

BDBohnzie 05-20-2009 10:00 AM

[quote=Daseal;558695]Wasn't the lottery started because teams were tanking games at the end of the season for the #1 spot?[/quote]
Yes. Wiki tells me: Hurt by accusations that the Houston Rockets tanked their 1984 season in order to obtain Hakeem Olajuwon, the NBA instituted the Lottery process in 1985.

Yeah, I got to think the Wizards trade out of that spot...

jsarno 05-20-2009 02:50 PM

[quote=mredskins;558688]I feel your pain, the Celtics have had the worst luck in the lottery it seems as well. I think the NBA lottery is just plain dumb to be honest.[/quote]

Oh yeah...we would be example #1 for not having the lottery! However, we turned our misfortune into gold by getting Garnett and Allen and stuffed it to the NBA.
The lottery is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. The worst team should get the #1 pick, no questions asked! Meaning that the Wiz should have got pick #2.

So hypothetically speaking, we all know the Clippers are going to take Griffin, who would you want with the #2 pick if you had it?

FRPLG 05-20-2009 03:34 PM

Rubio would have been a fine addition for the Zards.

jsarno 05-20-2009 03:40 PM

[quote=FRPLG;558779]Rubio would have been a fine addition for the Zards.[/quote]

I think Thabeet would be a good addition for you. You need better inside presence.

FRPLG 05-20-2009 04:19 PM

I'd have taken Rubio. It would allow Arenas to mvoe back to the 2 and Rubio is probably going to end up the real get in this draft. He sounds like he is pretty special. I think Griffin will be good and an a good inside player is hard to come by but Rubio may me like Magic special. No quite the scoring but supposedly he is a genius passer. Maybe more like an even better version of Kidd.

jsarno 05-20-2009 04:33 PM

[quote=FRPLG;558796]I'd have taken Rubio. It would allow Arenas to mvoe back to the 2 and Rubio is probably going to end up the real get in this draft. He sounds like he is pretty special. I think Griffin will be good and an a good inside player is hard to come by but Rubio may me like Magic special. No quite the scoring but supposedly he is a genius passer. Maybe more like an even better version of Kidd.[/quote]

I agree Rubio is a stud. I could be wrong, but seems your lack of presense inside has been an issue and wouldn't Thabeet fill that need? You don't get a shot a REAL BIG MAN very often, so take it when you can. He might fall into your lap since he's a little raw.