Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Faulk's top 5 TE'S NO COOLEY!!!!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=30400)

skinsfaninok 07-07-2009 11:08 PM

Faulk's top 5 TE'S NO COOLEY!!!!!

Ok I can say CP is out of the top 5 running back's, but Cooley being rated under Owen Daniels is just stupid!!!! Cooley is a PRO BOWLER for the last 2 years. Daniels has Andre Johnson while Cooley has... well HIMSELF!!! This shows how little former NFL player's trully know about football sometimes.

redskinsgirl 07-07-2009 11:33 PM

Re: Faulk's top 5 TE'S NO COOLEY!!!!!

[quote=skinsfaninok;566582]Ok I can say CP is out of the top 5 running back's, but Cooley being rated under Owen Daniels is just stupid!!!! Cooley is a PRO BOWLER for the last 2 years. Daniels has Andre Johnson while Cooley has... well HIMSELF!!! This shows how little former NFL player's trully know about football sometimes.[/quote]

Which TEs did Faulk put in his top five?

53Fan 07-07-2009 11:41 PM

[quote=redskinsgirl;566586]Which TEs did Faulk put in his top five?[/quote]

Tony Gonzalez
Antonio Gates
Jason Witten
Dallas Clark
Owen Daniels

Lotus 07-07-2009 11:43 PM

Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, Dallas Clark, and Owen Daniels.

I think Cooley deserved to be on the list but it is hard to argue with those five, all of whom who have made Pro Bowls. It's just another opinion of an NFL talking head, anyways.

SkinDogg 07-08-2009 12:24 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;566582]Ok I can say CP is out of the top 5 running back's, but Cooley being rated under Owen Daniels is just stupid!!!! Cooley is a PRO BOWLER for the last 2 years. Daniels has Andre Johnson while Cooley has... well HIMSELF!!! This shows how little former NFL player's trully know about football sometimes.[/quote]

Simma down on your man crush.

skindeep 07-08-2009 12:37 AM

Cooley top 5 with out a doubt any one can make there own top 5 list.

GMScud 07-08-2009 12:57 AM

[quote=53Fan;566588]Tony Gonzalez
Antonio Gates
Jason Witten
Dallas Clark
Owen Daniels[/quote]

I'd replace Owen Daniels with Cooley. Otherwise the top 5 looks fine to me.

SBXVII 07-08-2009 01:02 AM

SHOCKER...not. News flash, peoples top five is subjective. It usually is what that individual believes is his or hers top five...and most often it's their favorite players not based off of talent or statistics.

Also I'm betting he's making his judgement off of last yrs performance. Cooley's worst yr.

hooskins 07-08-2009 01:19 AM

I agree Cooley over Owen Daniel. Like someone said it is an opinion. If you are really up why don't you take it up with Faulk himself.

jamf 07-08-2009 02:19 AM

[quote=GMScud;566598]I'd replace Owen Daniels with Cooley. Otherwise the top 5 looks fine to me.[/quote]

I would remove Clark.
I love daniels.

I don't think Gonzales deserves to be on that list anymore.

skinsfaninok 07-08-2009 02:39 AM

Gonzalez should be in the top 5, but Dallas Clark should be out. He is a product of the system just as Edgerin James was. The skins are so underrated (Especially in Oklahoma)... I have seen maybe 2 Skins fans here in 8 years. You would think that this organization has never won anything. Last time I checked we have won 3 Superbowls and have played in 5.

DBUCHANON101 07-08-2009 02:58 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;566619]Gonzalez should be in the top 5, but Dallas Clark should be out. He is a product of the system just as Edgerin James was. The skins are so underrated (Especially in Oklahoma)... I have seen maybe 2 Skins fans here in 8 years. You would think that this organization has never won anything. Last time I checked we have won 3 Superbowls and have played in 5.[/quote]

I never understood the 'system' player or product of a system guy.
Each team has their own system, Isnt that the coach's job? to have his players in the best position to maximize their talents and help their team win.

DBUCHANON101 07-08-2009 03:05 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;566619]Gonzalez should be in the top 5, but Dallas Clark should be out. He is a product of the system just as Edgerin James was. The skins are so underrated (Especially in Oklahoma)... [B]I have seen maybe 2 Skins fans here in 8 years.[/B] You would think that this organization has never won anything. Last time I checked we have won 3 Superbowls and have played in 5.[/quote]

Try bein a Skins fan in Saint country

an23dy 07-08-2009 03:19 AM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;566620]I never understood the 'system' player or product of a system guy.
Each team has their own system, Isnt that the coach's job? to have his players in the best position to maximize their talents and help their team win.[/quote]

What people mean by a system guy is you can plug anybody in there and they'll do just as good. They're trying to say there's nothing special about Dallas Clark and that another player would do better if Peyton were throwing him the ball and there were good plays and other receivers to allow him to get open. I disagree, I think Dallas Clark is real good, he makes a lot of tough catches. I think Cooley should be ahead of Daniels, but most people would say Daniels put up better stats last year, although the difference is minimal. Cooley had a bad year last year, a lot was out of his control, had to help block more bc of the bad o-line, limited playbook, receivers weren't that good last year, but other than a few extra fumbles Cooley made tough catches and was tough in getting YAC and did what he normally does but his numbers were worse bc of things out of his control, the players and system around him.

Anybody think Fred Davis will ever crack this list? I think he has a chance with another team in a few years, but with us I think he's just gonna sit behind Cooley while he's here.

DBUCHANON101 07-08-2009 03:53 AM

[quote=an23dy;566622]What people mean by a system guy is you can plug anybody in there and they'll do just as good. They're trying to say there's nothing special about Dallas Clark and that another player would do better if Peyton were throwing him the ball and there were good plays and other receivers to allow him to get open. I disagree, I think Dallas Clark is real good, he makes a lot of tough catches. I think Cooley should be ahead of Daniels, but most people would say Daniels put up better stats last year, although the difference is minimal. Cooley had a bad year last year, a lot was out of his control, had to help block more bc of the bad o-line, limited playbook, receivers weren't that good last year, but other than a few extra fumbles Cooley made tough catches and was tough in getting YAC and did what he normally does but his numbers were worse bc of things out of his control, the players and system around him.

Anybody think Fred Davis will ever crack this list? I think he has a chance with another team in a few years, but with us I think he's just gonna sit behind Cooley while he's here.[/quote]

I think Dallas Clark would do well in any offense. to say if we pulled him out of indy he wouldnt be as good is kindof crazy IMO.