Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So I freaking won!!!! The ESPN Jimmy V Fedex field package... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=30475)

Dr Do Itch Big 07-15-2009 06:05 PM

So I freaking won!!!! The ESPN Jimmy V Fedex field package...

Wow am I in 7th Heaven right now! I was listening to mike and mike this morning and they were having an auction every hour for something new, to go towards the Jimmy V cancer fund. Anyways the NFLPA DeMaurice Smith put up his luxury skybox for bid it includes 2 tickets to watch a game in his box with him (either the broncos or chiefs) also they are going to throw in a "game" used ball, helmet and jersey. So I bid 2500, with 10 mins left and won! man am I stoked. My question is does anyone have any info on these box seats every been etc? Opinons, think i got a good deal? I mean hell it goes to cancer research so I feel it makes it just that much sweeter.

Crash 07-15-2009 06:33 PM

Re: So I freaking won!!!! The ESPN Jimmy V Fedex field package...

I can't answer your questions about the box, but congrats, that is really sweet

Paintrain 07-15-2009 06:51 PM

That is awesome man and for 'only' $2,500? When I heard about it I was thinking that would be a $10k package! I don't know anything about the suite but you figure it's the NFLPA box so it's gotta be amazing.

Lotus 07-15-2009 06:52 PM

Congrats to you. That's wonderful!

53Fan 07-15-2009 09:48 PM

That is SWEET! Congratulations! And for a great cause too. :woot:

SmootSmack 07-15-2009 09:55 PM

Very nice! You're going to have a blast.

ArtMonkDrillz 07-15-2009 10:07 PM

Congrats man! That's really cool, and like you said it's nice to know the money is going towards a great cause.

Giantone 07-16-2009 03:49 AM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;568003]Wow am I in 7th Heaven right now! I was listening to mike and mike this morning and they were having an auction every hour for something new, to go towards the Jimmy V cancer fund. Anyways the NFLPA DeMaurice Smith put up his luxury skybox for bid it includes 2 tickets to watch a game in his box with him (either the broncos or chiefs) also they are going to throw in a "game" used ball, helmet and jersey. So I bid 2500, with 10 mins left and won! man am I stoked. My question is does anyone have any info on these box seats every been etc? Opinons, think i got a good deal? I mean hell it goes to cancer research so I feel it makes it just that much sweeter.[/quote]

Congrats,................doesn't he have to sing you the fight song too?

mredskins 07-16-2009 07:14 AM

I would go to Denver, much cooler city. Lots of beer there!

SmootSmack 07-16-2009 07:28 AM

[quote=mredskins;568054]I would go to Denver, much cooler city. Lots of beer there![/quote]

????

mredskins 07-16-2009 07:34 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;568056]????[/quote]

[I]Anyways the NFLPA DeMaurice Smith put up his luxury skybox for bid it includes 2 tickets to watch a game in his box with him (either the broncos or chiefs) also they are going to throw in a "game" used ball, helmet and jersey. So I bid 2500, with 10 mins left and won! [/I]

This is what supred my comment.

SmootSmack 07-16-2009 07:38 AM

[quote=mredskins;568057][I]Anyways the NFLPA DeMaurice Smith put up his luxury skybox for bid it includes 2 tickets to watch a game in his box with him (either the broncos or chiefs) also they are going to throw in a "game" used ball, helmet and jersey. So I bid 2500, with 10 mins left and won! [/I]

This is what supred my comment.[/quote]

Ahhh yeah, well...it's the Broncos or Chiefs at FedExField against the Redskins. Not a Broncos or Chiefs home game.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 07-16-2009 08:03 AM

I've been to a box once. Pretty awesome stuff. You're going to have a great time. The helmet, jersey, ball, and chance to meet Smith will make it even better. Smith is a Redskins fan BTW.

dmek25 07-16-2009 08:12 AM

good cause. and you might be able to meet some cool people

mredskins 07-16-2009 08:39 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;568058]Ahhh yeah, well...it's the Broncos or Chiefs at FedExField against the Redskins. Not a Broncos or Chiefs home game.[/quote]

Oh in that case DC is wonderful in the fall time. =)

[I][B]"Most not post before drinking entire Diet Mt Dew in the morning"[/B][/I]

mredskins 07-16-2009 08:43 AM

I have only seat in Boxes at FedEx, thanks to Marriott. They are really nice suites. They have their own bathroom, a living room area, a bar area to sit at, and then like staduim seats in the front ( you can open the big windows to enjoy the game). Also when you are in the staduim seating part their are windows on each side and you can see into the other suites next to you. Saw Darrell Green one time during a whole game.

SmootSmack 07-16-2009 08:51 AM

By the way, speaking of ESPN, you can catch Rocky McIntosh and a Redskins preseason preview today on First Take

sandtrapjack 07-16-2009 08:57 AM

[quote=Dr Do Itch Big;568003]Wow am I in 7th Heaven right now! I was listening to mike and mike this morning and they were having an auction every hour for something new, to go towards the Jimmy V cancer fund. Anyways the NFLPA DeMaurice Smith put up his luxury skybox for bid it includes 2 tickets to watch a game in his box with him (either the broncos or chiefs) also they are going to throw in a "game" used ball, helmet and jersey. So I bid 2500, with 10 mins left and won! man am I stoked. My question is does anyone have any info on these box seats every been etc? Opinons, think i got a good deal? I mean hell it goes to cancer research so I feel it makes it just that much sweeter.[/quote]
I was listening to the Mike & Mike broadcast during that time and heard about it. CONGRATS, a once in a lifetime opportunity for certain.

And an excellent cause to be contributing to.

CooleyAsCanBe 07-16-2009 03:14 PM

The boxes are enjoyable (I've only been once), although the food isn't as good as some other stadiums. I particularly liked the windows open on a cold night. The highlight will be hanging with Dee, who is a smart guy and really down to earth. He was a partner at my firm before taking the NFLPA gig and was just in town yesterday taking players up to the Hill to lobby Congress. I actually got to meet a few former skins (Nolan Harrison and Scott Turner) who were on the NFLPA team visiting Congress. Both brilliant, down to earth guys. Congrats on laying down some cash for such a worthy cause.

over the mountain 07-16-2009 03:45 PM

congrats!! nice contribution to a cause that effects nearly every family in some way or another.

just watch out for the miller high life guy up in those suites.

go skins!!

JLW428 07-16-2009 04:58 PM

Thats awesome man. You're going to have a blast!

ArcticRed 07-17-2009 03:04 AM

Congrats! Dont forget to post pictures for all to see and enjoy. :)

roth74va 07-17-2009 08:26 AM

Grats, you should have an awesome time. Its climate controlled in there, and the beer/food were both free......WOOT!

firstdown 07-17-2009 10:04 AM

Good cause so it does not matter if you over paid. Sitting in the suite you have to watch out for the miller guy who will come and take your beer.

KLHJ2 07-17-2009 11:15 AM

This is the best thing that's ever happened to me and it didn't even happen to me!

53Fan 07-17-2009 11:30 AM

[quote=Angry;568450]This is the best thing that's ever happened to me and it didn't even happen to me![/quote]

:laughing2

irish 07-19-2009 07:42 PM

Thats really sweet. Congrats. How can you put a price on a once in a lifetime experience? Forget the $ and enjoy the hell out of the day.

killromo 07-21-2009 09:56 AM

[quote=over the mountain;568238]
just watch out for the miller high life guy up in those suites.

go skins!![/quote]

hahaha, seriously I can see him rolling the high life out the door now

Monkeydad 07-23-2009 12:19 PM

Congrats. I'd pick the Denver game if I were you.

We'll win either game anyways. :D

tryfuhl 07-28-2009 11:41 PM

carry business cards

Paintrain 11-15-2009 05:14 PM

I hope for the sake of the OP that this was the game that he went to with DeMaurice Smith. If so (or really either way) it'd be great to hear how it went and any stories you'd care to share.