Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Need an NCAA team to follow... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=30520)

dmek25 07-21-2009 08:13 AM

Re: Need an NCAA team to follow...

BB i hear ya. im right down the road from you. all the Penn St. crap drives me wild. that's why i cheer for the U

mredskins 07-21-2009 08:17 AM

I cheer for both MD and Penn St. I too went to a school that doesn't have a football program. I cheer MD and Penn St. becasue one I live in MD and two my sister and BIL both went to Penn St. Actually instead of hating on the locals about their love for PSU join them. It is a lot of fun having local fans around. It gives you a lot of people to party with when you win and a lot of people to cry with when you lose. Plus PSU should be pretty good this year.

djnemo65 07-21-2009 09:13 AM

[quote=dmek25;569040]BB i hear ya. im right down the road from you. all the Penn St. crap drives me wild. that's why i cheer for the U[/quote]

The U? You've never been to Miami a day in your life. How are you any different than a Cowboys fan from, say, Silver Springs?

dmek25 07-21-2009 10:28 AM

OK, ill bite. how the hell do you know where ive been?

GMScud 07-21-2009 11:44 AM

If you ain't a Gator, you must be Gator bait.

KLHJ2 07-21-2009 12:24 PM

[quote=Schneed10;569008]I'll plug my alma mater, the Richmond Spiders. Coming off their first NCAA division 1 AA national championship!

Yeah they're 1 AA, or baby D1, but they're good. And no other college has the Spider for its mascot.

I loved my racing swim suit, navy blue with a white embroidered Spider right on the right ass cheek. Well, I loved it as much as a guy can love a speedo, I guess.[/quote]

I went to High School with Winston October, he was 3 years ahead of me at G-F. I looked up to him and I wanted to follow him to Richmond to play football, but it never panned out.

Edit: to stay on the Topic of discussion, I am a VT fan and have been ever sice I partied there while I was still in HS. The first college game that I ever went to was Homecomming 1996 at VT. The city and team just stuck with me. Frank Beamer helped too. I was a product of the VHSL and Frank uses mostly Virginia players with the belief that he can take a bunch of boys from VA and put them up against anyone using VA style of football and win a bunch of games.

JLee9718 07-21-2009 12:32 PM

West Virginia U. is an excellent choice and a rival of Penn State's. Another one of their rivals is Pitt. If you like offense, WVU is the way to go.

hooskins 07-21-2009 09:31 PM

uva, you can hate on umd, vt, duke and unc all at once!

DBUCHANON101 07-21-2009 11:17 PM

[quote=gmscud;569103]if you ain't a gator, you must be gator bait.[/quote]

thats right!!!!

DBUCHANON101 07-21-2009 11:32 PM

I am a Gator fan but i also like watching GT with their triple option offense.

djnemo65 07-21-2009 11:50 PM

[quote=dmek25;569082]OK, ill bite. how the hell do you know where ive been?[/quote]

Calm down there cowboy. This thread has been all in fun so far so no need for you to be a grumpy gus;). Although I would be curious to know what reasonable connection to "The U" you have, and should none exist, how you are in anyway different than the aforementioned Silver Springs Cowboys booster who spurns the local team for no other reason than that he's a hater with a lump of coal for a heart.

And what's your favorite street in Miami?

jdlea 07-22-2009 07:00 AM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;569224]I am a Gator fan but i also like watching GT with their triple option offense.[/quote]

How are you from Louisiana and a Gator fan? I thought if you were from LA and didn't pull for LSU you were shot...

DBUCHANON101 07-22-2009 07:24 AM

[quote=jdlea;569236]How are you from Louisiana and a Gator fan? I thought if you were from LA and didn't pull for LSU you were shot...[/quote]

Im not from LA. just moved here 2 yrs ago. ppl at work messed with me until that 30 pt whoopin the Gators put on em last yr.

dmek25 07-22-2009 08:13 AM

[quote=djnemo65;569227]Calm down there cowboy. This thread has been all in fun so far so no need for you to be a [B]grumpy gus[/B];). Although I would be curious to know what reasonable connection to "The U" you have, and should none exist, how you are in anyway different than the aforementioned Silver Springs Cowboys booster who spurns the local team for no other reason than that he's a hater with a lump of coal for a heart.

And what's your favorite street in Miami?[/quote]
i love that reference. and the only connection i have is/ was Moss, Portis, and Taylor. not really a big college football fan. and i just got back from south beach. my daughter played in a volleyball tourney there.

jdlea 07-22-2009 09:13 AM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;569237]Im not from LA. just moved here 2 yrs ago. ppl at work messed with me until that 30 pt whoopin the Gators put on em last yr.[/quote]

Okay, that makes sense.

As for the 30 pt whooping...that is true, however, they've alternated wins since Tebow got there. The last 3 years, the home team has won each game. They're playing at LSU this year ;)