Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   MLB Playoffs (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/3179-mlb-playoffs.html)

Gmanc711 10-05-2004 11:04 PM

MLB Playoffs

Anyone into MLB? I'm a Cardinals fan, so I'm pretty into watching them. I'm watchin the Twins v Yankee's game right now, 2-0 Twins in the top 9th. Anyone else watchin the games, whatchya think?

SmootSmack 10-05-2004 11:45 PM

I'm definitely watching. I'm rooting for the Twins. I like the way they play ball. Plus they're a former team from Washington, DC.

Cardinals have a really good shot. That offense is deadly and if they get an early lead in the games the Dodgers bullpen is useless. Lots of interesting subplots in the playoffs-will the Red Sox break the curse, will the Braves finally get another World Series, will we see a SoCal match of Angels vs. Dodgers, will Clemens and Pettite lead Houston to a win over their former team the Yankees?

skinsfanthru&thru 10-06-2004 12:33 AM

I'm somewhat interested but I know I lost a lot of interest when my team (Padres) was eliminated in that last week of the season. I'm rooting for either the twins, red sox or the cardinals.

cpayne5 10-06-2004 10:37 AM

I'm rooting against the Yankees. I hate the Yankees.

Mattyk 10-06-2004 10:47 AM

I don't even know who's in the playoffs.

Here's my guess, Cardinals, Braves, Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, A's, Twins, umm someone help me out with the rest

Redskins_P 10-06-2004 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72]I don't even know who's in the playoffs.

Here's my guess, Cardinals, Braves, Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, A's, Twins, umm someone help me out with the rest[/QUOTE]

You got em all right except for the A's.

Here you go...

Cardinals vs. Dodgers - Cardinals lead 1-0

Astros vs. Braves - Game 1 today

Red Sox vs. Angels - Red Sox lead 1-0

Twins vs. Yankees - Twins lead 1-0

Redskins_P 10-06-2004 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=cpayne5]I'm rooting against the Yankees. I hate the Yankees.[/QUOTE]

Another hater. You either love em or you hate em I guess.

I am a huge Yankee fan, so of course I'm rooting for em. I know we lost game 1, but hey it was against the best pitcher in the league. Hopefully tonight we can dominate Radke and get a win. I thought we had a chance last night, but I have to give the Twins their props.....they played awesome defense and made some great plays.

For the first time though I am really worried about my Yanks since they have suspect pitching and can't match up well with anyone else in the AL (pitching wise). We'll see though.

I love this time of the year, football, baseball playoffs, and basketball is right around the corner.

Redskins_P 10-06-2004 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]I'm definitely watching. I'm rooting for the Twins. I like the way they play ball. Plus they're a former team from Washington, DC.

Cardinals have a really good shot. That offense is deadly and if they get an early lead in the games the Dodgers bullpen is useless. Lots of interesting subplots in the playoffs-will the Red Sox break the curse, will the Braves finally get another World Series, will we see a SoCal match of Angels vs. Dodgers, will Clemens and Pettite lead Houston to a win over their former team the Yankees?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's only Clemens since Pettite is injured. You gotta love how Houston came back strong in September though. They have a great chance.

My prediction for the WS is..

Yankees or Red Sox vs. Cardinals or Astros.

cpayne5 10-06-2004 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]Another hater. You either love em or you hate em I guess.[/QUOTE]
I'm an O's fan. The '96 ALCS (the Jeffrey Maier incident) is when I really started hating the Yankees. The O's had an awesome offense that year and would have won it all if it weren't for that little brat.

skinsfanthru&thru 10-06-2004 11:36 PM

I used to like the yankees (Around the time don mattingly was on the team) but then as I got older and they continued to win or atleast be in the world series almost every year I started to hate how a team could just by a championship like that and found myself rooting for anyone playing them, especially small market teams and big time underdogs.

redrock-skins 10-07-2004 01:04 PM

Yankees fan since birth! What a game last night! I was amongst either a lot of Twins fans or Yankee haters. The silence was golden after that magical 12th inning.

Redskins_P 10-10-2004 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]Yankees fan since birth! What a game last night! I was amongst either a lot of Twins fans or Yankee haters. The silence was golden after that magical 12th inning.[/QUOTE]

:thumb: :biggthump

Finally another fellow Yankee fan. Yes indeed that game was great. How about 80 year old Ruben Sierra?!!! He came through.

Go Yanks!!

redrock-skins 10-10-2004 07:26 PM

There are not too many Yankees/Redskins fan combos. Get ready for armageddon on Tuesday!

[QUOTE=Redskins_P]:thumb: :biggthump

Finally another fellow Yankee fan. Yes indeed that game was great. How about 80 year old Ruben Sierra?!!! He came through.

Go Yanks!![/QUOTE]

Redskins_P 10-10-2004 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=redrock-skins]There are not too many Yankees/Redskins fan combos. Get ready for armageddon on Tuesday![/QUOTE]

Yeah it's gonna be awesome. Be ready to go all 7 games! Although it would be nice to sweep em we all know that won't happen.