Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Is Blache losing touch with reality? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/32023-is-blache-losing-touch-with-reality.html)

skinsfan_nn 09-19-2009 06:18 PM

Is Blache losing touch with reality?

I think most here would agree Blache gets offended rather easily. But this guy needs to wake up if he truly believes Haynesworth will not make other players on the Defense more available (which equals better on the stat sheets) to make plays which usually makes the overall Defense better, when you consistently require at least a double team well....we all know what should happen here.

IMO this will be Blache last season here (And for the record most of the coaching staff) in DC, and hopefully end on a high note.

What are your thoughts on Blache, his future here, and how this aging Deffense will rank overall this 2009 season.

[URL="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/blaches-surprising-take-on-hay.html#more"]Redskins Insider - Blache's Surprising Take on Haynesworth[/URL]

NM Redskin 09-19-2009 06:53 PM

Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

I think Blache is just trying to show some respect to the other 10 guys on the D. He's always said he likes team players and this might be him actually helping Hays with all this media attention, focusing on Hays as the "savior".

rbanerjee23 09-19-2009 06:54 PM

Blache is just trying to keep the spotlight off of Haynesworth. Is Haynesworth good? sure, Has he shown himself to be a HOF player consistently? not even close. Blache managed to have a #4 defense last year w/o Haynesworth so maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt of not "losing touch with reality".

saden1 09-19-2009 06:56 PM

Wait and see...you know, let them develop chemistry and play as a unit.

Meks 09-19-2009 07:05 PM

at this point i do not like greg blache lack of aggression, and the infamous cusions that allows our secondary to give up too many crucial first down plays.

i say he eithers shapes up or ships out, may have been a top 4 defense last year but i put that on the players, i do NOT think he uses Landry correctly.... i still do NOT agree with Orakpo at LB the majority of the time .....

i just ..... really think it's time we look elsewhere if he doesnt correct these subtle, yet big flaws in his defensive philosiphy.... IMO ...

... i just dont like the guy anymore.

Dirtbag59 09-19-2009 07:26 PM

You're assuming Blache was in touch with reality in the first place :D

The Goat 09-19-2009 07:42 PM

I think Blache's comments have more to do w/ reigning in expectations. If he says "yes Albert makes everyone around him better" it just means Blache answers more tough questions from now on about why the defense isn't elite. Ultimately it puts his own coaching ability in question...

Longtimefan 09-19-2009 08:06 PM

[quote=The Goat;591249]I think Blache's comments have more to do w/ reigning in expectations. If he says "yes Albert makes everyone around him better" it just means Blache answers more tough questions from now on about why the defense isn't elite. Ultimately it puts his own coaching ability in question...[/quote]

I agree....And neither can I understand why the issue continues to be raised, espically since we've only played one game. One does not need to be a genius to know when you have a player of Haynesworth's caliber, his play creates opportunities for others. Blache get's weary of those same type questions all the time.........can you blame him.

53Fan 09-19-2009 08:09 PM

Maybe he doesn't want anything taken away from Fletch's performance. If Fletch doesn't make the probowl this year it will probably be because AH will get the credit for him having a good year. At least I hope that's the reason. I hope Blache doesn't really believe AH doesn't affect the players around him.

Longtimefan 09-19-2009 08:27 PM

A lot of people are expecting miracles from the defense because we've added big Al. I agree with the poster who is of the opinion Blache is trying the best he can to temper that feeling because Haynesworth still has to play within the confines of the defense.

Because our offense has had trouble trouble scoring points the last few years, that fact has much to do with the way we play defense. We can't gamble a lot on defense and get behind because we don't have the offense to bring us back. If/when the offense picks it up and scores more points, the defense can then play a little more aggressive.

Meks 09-19-2009 08:49 PM

^ i dont agree with that .... the way we play defense and the lack of agression should NOT hinge on our offenses production....

our offense would get the ball more if our D was more aggressive, and we could create defensive points ..... and in turn we could say screw the offense like the ravens team that won the bowl... who had an offense like ours even a little worse...

they didnt play this lack-luster cusion having soft ass bend dont break BS that we play..... and i'll be damned if we dont have the talent to be a great defense that could carry our team to a winning record...

screw blache and his philosophy, its bullshit.

heybigstar 09-19-2009 08:50 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;591255]A lot of people are expecting miracles from the defense because we've added big Al. I agree with the poster who is of the opinion Blache is trying the best he can to temper that feeling because Haynesworth still has to play within the confines of the defense.

Because our offense has had trouble trouble scoring points the last few years, that fact has much to do with the way we play defense. We can't gamble a lot on defense and get behind because we don't have the offense to bring us back. If/when the offense picks it up and scores more points, the defense can then play a little more aggressive.[/quote]

great point, never thought of it that way

GTripp0012 09-19-2009 09:36 PM

[quote=Meks;591257]^ i dont agree with that .... the way we play defense and the lack of agression should NOT hinge on our offenses production....
[B]
our offense would get the ball more if our D was more aggressive, and we could create defensive points ..... and in turn we could say screw the offense like the ravens team that won the bowl... who had an offense like ours even a little worse...[/B]

they didnt play this lack-luster cusion having soft ass bend dont break BS that we play..... and i'll be damned if we dont have the talent to be a great defense that could carry our team to a winning record...

screw blache and his philosophy, its bullshit.[/quote]I bolded that paragraph because if we went for broke on defense, we might sink or we might improve, but either way, the offense would get more chances than it currently is getting. Then you could judge them on their own merits.

I recommend patience with the defense, but with all the resources we've invested in the defense, yeah they've got to do better than they did on last Sunday.

GTripp0012 09-19-2009 09:39 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;591255]Because our offense has had trouble trouble scoring points the last few years, that fact has much to do with the way we play defense. We can't gamble a lot on defense and get behind because we don't have the offense to bring us back. If/when the offense picks it up and scores more points, the defense can then play a little more aggressive.[/quote]How would you know? When was the last time we gambled and lost? 2003?

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 09-19-2009 09:57 PM

I can't wait untilwe get rid of him. We need an up and comer defensive coordinator who will be very aggressiv. I would love for someone from the staffs of the Eagles, Giants or Steelers. We have too much talent to be a bend but don't break defense. And while I'm at it I would love for a real offensive coordinator instead of Sherman Smith who will call plays for Zorn.