Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32033)

Ruhskins 09-20-2009 04:13 PM

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Rams)

[quote=Dirtbag359;591959][B]Jas0n Bambell[/B] I had a lotz of $ on dis game n u dudn't beet da spread! Ur n idi0t[/quote]

Jason Candle? LOL. Ugh, I'm still reeling at the Sellers drop. Someone said that Thomas dropped a TD pass? I never saw that.

tdSKINS1 09-20-2009 04:14 PM

This was all about Jim Zorn I agree 100 percent. JC, Cooley, Kelly, Portis looked great today. Even Betts did good. Our Redzone play calling is sickening I can't stand it. Everytime we get down there we look horrible. Trust Jason and let him run this Offense please Jim. His ass is gone if this keeps up. Check out my thoughts on the game at my new blog. [url=http://www.t-hop.blogspot.com]The Trevor Haupt Blog[/url]

Dirtbag59 09-20-2009 04:15 PM

[B]Prozac -[/B]Never thought I'd need it after a win.

DynamiteRave 09-20-2009 04:16 PM

I'd also examine Santana Moss a little bit... Whats up with him? He basically hasn't done anything in 2 weeks. And when he did have a chance to do something, he fumbled the ball like a dope.

What's with him? I mean is he even #1 calibur anymore? Sure doesn't look like it to me..

Slingin Sammy 33 09-20-2009 04:21 PM

Zorn must take a look at film and make a harsh critique of himself. No problem with either 4th & 1 decsion, just a shitty call at the GL. Stretch/Zone blocking is fine outside the 10, but there are not cutback lanes that close to the GL. Should've called the same play as the previous 4th & 1 or run playaction left and roll JC back out to the strong side w/both TEs.

At first look, and I hope this is recognized, our run game is much better with Sellers leading from the backfield not on the edge Zone blocking.

Hog1 09-20-2009 04:21 PM

Bill? This is Dan.
Soooo, how's the wife and kids? "Hey lookie here Billy, you have had a 2 year vacation......sooooo, how's about I send Redskin One, a sack O'cash, and maybe a piece of 6 flags your way, and you move to DC? How's that sound to you"?

12thMan 09-20-2009 04:27 PM

[quote=Hog1;591985]Bill? This is Dan.
Soooo, how's the wife and kids? "Hey lookie here Billy, you have had a 2 year vacation......sooooo, how's about I send Redskin One, a sack O'cash, and maybe a piece of 6 flags your way, and you move to DC? How's that sound to you"?[/quote]

pretty much.

Slingin Sammy 33 09-20-2009 04:27 PM

We did win today......right?

12thMan 09-20-2009 04:28 PM

Well on the bright side, the Pats scored 9 points today as well.

Hog1 09-20-2009 04:31 PM

[quote=12thMan;592003]Well on the bright side, the Pats scored 9 points today as well.[/quote]
.......Maybe it's not to late to throw a loop around Buddy's hillbilly kid?

NYCSkin 09-20-2009 04:32 PM

Zorn is only here if he gets this team into the playoffs. The same likely goes for JC.

I think it is a bad idea to switch coaches midyear unless you have a real coach in waiting. The only guy on this staff that is even close to that is Jerry Gray...

12thMan 09-20-2009 04:37 PM

I didn't think I would say this after last week's lost to the Giants, but next week is critical for Zorn again. He needs a win - a big win.

Hog1 09-20-2009 04:43 PM

JZ's presser on 980am (espn980) now

53Fan 09-20-2009 04:49 PM

Well I saw alot of improvement today. The offense has definitely opened up. Sellers and Thomas had TD's in their hands and dropped them. I would imagine that Zorn will spend a lot of time this week on playcalling in the redzone. If he works that out, our offense is going to look fantastic. I think he'll learn because he's not an idiot. Stop thinking so much and making it complicated Jimbo, it doesn't have to be rocket science. Trying to outsmart the defense in the redzone is not the answer. Call something solid and execute...... And it's not mandatory to wait until 3rd down to throw into the endzone.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 09-20-2009 04:50 PM

Zorn

You did a great job calling plays between the 20s, but your redzone playcalling was absolutely awful. It was predictable. It was ineffective. It failed to take advantage of what was working (i.e., the passing game) and emphasized what wasn't working (i.e., the running game). You failed to adjust the playcalling inside of the redzone after repeated attempts at executing that offense failed.