Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/)
-   -   Help settle an argument... (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/32096-help-settle-an-argument.html)

coggs 09-22-2009 04:46 PM

Help settle an argument...

if you see my custom mcfarlane thread, just posted about meeting Leonard Marshall and him signing stuff for me to sell. A friend of mine thought I should have also brought a few redskins and jets mini-helmets, since he played for those teams, as well. I thought it was dumb as I don't think Redskins fans would have any interest in a signed skins mini-helmet from him as you consider him a Giants despite the year he played in DC. Same for Jets. I understand there are some hard core collectors who will buy anything with their team name/logo/colors on it, but figured they would most likely already have such an item if they were interested in such a thing.

T.O.Killa 09-22-2009 09:10 PM

Re: Help settle an argument...

What?

mcarey032 09-22-2009 09:37 PM

Coggs I saw all your stuff that you had signed. I had forgotten that he had played here a year in Washington. It would probably be a kin to having a Lavar Arrington Giants helmet or a B-Mitch mini helmet signed. Most Giants fans do not really consider those guys Giants. I really only think of Marshall as a Giant. He was on probably one of the greatest and most underrated defenses of all time.

SC Skins Fan 09-22-2009 09:55 PM

Yeah, you win the argument. I would have zero interest in anything signed by Leonard Marshall. I had forgotten he ever played for a Redskins.

53Fan 09-22-2009 09:59 PM

I think you're probably right Coggs.

dmek25 09-22-2009 10:00 PM

Leonard who? over half the people on this board have no idea who he even is

roth74va 09-22-2009 10:12 PM

[quote=dmek25;593934]Leonard who? over half the people on this board have no idea who he even is[/quote]

Speak for yourself, that defense was ALL-TIME, and yes I hated them!!!

dmek25 09-23-2009 05:10 AM

im not talking about me. ive been a skins fan since 1970. but there seems to be a lot of youngsters here

Mattyk 09-23-2009 08:18 AM

I barely remembered Marshall being on the Skins until this thread. Coggs = win.

coggs 09-23-2009 11:47 AM

That's what I figured. It would be one thing if they won a super bowl in his one year or he did something really significant like break the sack record, but other than that probably not. Maybe a picture of him in the skins uniform, but even that would be a stretch. Someone like Wilber Marshall would likely be popular amongst both Bears and Skins fans. Someone like Matt Millen or Charles Haley with the different teams they played for.

coggs 09-23-2009 11:48 AM

[quote=mcarey032;593913]Coggs I saw all your stuff that you had signed. I had forgotten that he had played here a year in Washington. It would probably be a kin to having a Lavar Arrington Giants helmet or a B-Mitch mini helmet signed. Most Giants fans do not really consider those guys Giants. I really only think of Marshall as a Giant. He was on probably one of the greatest and most underrated defenses of all time.[/quote]exactly, guy I actually thought of was Larry Czonka. Hall of famer with Miami and came to an awful Giants team in the late 70's.

Monkeydad 09-24-2009 02:50 PM

[quote=coggs;593757]if you see my custom mcfarlane thread, just posted about meeting Leonard Marshall and him signing stuff for me to sell. A friend of mine thought I should have also brought a few redskins and jets mini-helmets, since he played for those teams, as well. I thought it was dumb as I don't think Redskins fans would have any interest in a signed skins mini-helmet from him as you consider him a Giants despite the year he played in DC. Same for Jets. I understand there are some hard core collectors who will buy anything with their team name/logo/colors on it, but figured they would most likely already have such an item if they were interested in such a thing.[/quote]

Marshall = Giants in my mind too.

Lotus 10-28-2009 06:32 PM

[quote=TurnYourBack;617875]Just moving up.[/quote]

Dude, please don't do that. Please let your post count grow naturally.