Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome back Anthony Alridge......... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=32098)

dmvskinzfan08 09-24-2009 01:45 PM

Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

[quote=over the mountain;594785]i kinda thought they brought alridge in b/c mason wasnt too productive or explosive on the 3 plus runs he's had so far. but then i thought, nah the skins wouldnt go and flip flop like that so soon . . .

or alridge was close to signing with another team and the skins wanted to protect an potential investment

go skins!![/quote]

I think its more about Alridge's big play potential. Especially when catching the ball out of the backfield and on screens. This is primarily what Betts has been used for. I wouldn't say anything about Mason being explosive or anything like that. I think it says more about our O-line not creating holes. He had to put someone on the inactive list and I think he didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Because Rock seems very sensitive these days and Betts while he is not producing he is a vet and is still the 2nd RB. This whole situation reeks of something. I dont think they will be rotating RBs like this too long. The next two games will be very telling.

MTK 09-24-2009 01:52 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;594851]I likes what Zorn said here:

...Zorn on the booing fans: "Everybody was saying, did you hear the fans boo? I said, 'I'm booing, too.' I want to score the six points and kick the extra point. There's a lot of stuff out there. I haven't read anything and I've tried to answer everybody's questions."

I amjsut wondering. Is it Rock's place to let people know who is going to be active or inactive for the game. Sometimes you want it to be a surprise. Ala Bellichick. I think he was just happy he wasn't inactive that he had to blurt it out. Probably wont be a strategic difference. Between the comments he made after the final 53 was announced and this. He needs to just shut up and play ball. Again this year we bring in anotehr RB. why because he doens't produce as a running back. I think its too ealry to say if Mason will produce or not or Alridge for that matter. But he has had ample opporunity. He just needs to shut his trap.[/quote]

He was probably asked about it and he answered the question.

No need to get in an uproar about it.

dmvskinzfan08 09-24-2009 01:58 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;594858]He was probably asked about it and he answered the question.

No need to get in an uproar about it.[/quote]

Not in a uproar really.I hope Rock does well on returns this year and shines on special teams. But I think that is on the coach to make those announcements.

MTK 09-24-2009 02:17 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;594864]Not in a uproar really.I hope Rock does well on returns this year and shines on special teams. But I think that is on the coach to make those announcements.[/quote]

Does it really matter though?

Reporter: Hey Rock, have you heard if Aldridge is gonna play this week?

Rock: Yeah, I heard coach say he's gonna play.

Fan reaction: Holy effing shit there goes the neighborhood.

[SIZE=1]*dramatization[/SIZE]

dmvskinzfan08 09-24-2009 02:28 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;594881]Does it really matter though?

Reporter: Hey Rock, have you heard if Aldridge is gonna play this week?

Rock: Yeah, I heard coach say he's gonna play.

Fan reaction: Holy effing shit there goes the neighborhood.

[SIZE=1]*dramatization[/SIZE][/quote]

Maybe the reporter did ask him that. But that isn't in the article. Its talks about Alridge working on his fumbles and concentrating using tennis balls.

Then its says:

Rock Cartwright said he was told that Alridge would be active for Sunday's game at Detroit and that Marcus Mason would not.

Maybe the person did ask him. But I guess with all the ....'s you couldn't tell. Its hard to tell by how the article is written.

Not a big deal at all. Not dramatization.

Even if he was asked. He could have easily said. You have to talk to coach or wait for it to be announced.

But if this was Darth Hoodie. He would be in a world of trouble..lmao

Anyways. This is convo is dead.

I can't wait to see what Alridge can do. I hope he is the spark that we need to get going. I think he will make some plays on Sunday if given the opportunity.

MTK 09-24-2009 02:31 PM

Pretty sure he was asked. Do you think he sought out a reporter and just started volunteering info?

Trample the Elderly 09-24-2009 02:33 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;594791]You've been smoking rocks and eating chocolate with Tyrone again haven't you?[/quote]

Smoking rock is so 1989. Shooting meth is in.

Disclaimer: I'm just BSing. Drugs will ruin your life.

dmvskinzfan08 09-24-2009 02:36 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;594891]Pretty sure he was asked. Do you think he sought out a reporter and just started volunteering info?[/quote]

Maybe the better question is why did the reporter ask Rock of all people? Might just be bad writing. On a board ...'s are cool. But not in a article.

[url=http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/redskins-confidential/New-RG-still-undecided-other-notes-60807492.html]New RG still undecided; other notes | Washington Examiner[/url]

If he said.

When Rock was asked if Alridge was going to be active, he replied: blah blah blah.

That would be different. But do you think that Rock didnt get any joy out of saying Mason was inactive since some thought he had threatened him for the last roster spot? But saying that us bringing Alridge back doesn't look good for him either.

Remember this?

[URL="http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/09/smoke-signals-rock-cartwright-needs-to-get-over-it-edition.html"]Smoke Signals: Rock Cartwright needs to get over it edition - DC Pro Sports Report[/URL]

Another whiner is Rock Cartwright. Cartwright seems to be a bit upset over the Redskins decision to carry a 4th running back, Marcus Mason. [INDENT]"He's on all the special teams and that's what he's going to do," Redskins running backs coach Stump Mitchell said of Cartwright.

That's not what Cartwright wants to hear.

"I've been getting pushed back for the last four years now," he said. "Marcus had a great preseason; he always has a great preseason. Now he takes my reps and I'm the fourth guy that's just labeled as a special teams guy.

"As far as getting toyed with, I think I have," Cartwright said. "You guys have seen it. Who hasn't seen it? There hasn't been another place where ... when the No. 1 guy goes down and the two guys behind him, one guy gets bumped up and the other gets bumped down. I'd rather just be with the special teams coach because I know I won't get any carries."

[end quote]

[I]I am sure he was quite happy Mason was not active for the game. But should be troubled that we brought in Alrdige.[/I]

[I]I wont beat a dead horse anymore. But this is the type of stuff that makes me think he is feeling himself too much and needs to shut up and produce or he will be gone. he needs to take that emotion and show in out the field!![/I]

Fin

[/INDENT]

tryfuhl 09-24-2009 07:10 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;593951]Sure, why not. Betts has looked decent catching the ball and Rock is a proven return man (mid-round to Low picks).[/quote]
we might get a fifth or sixth for betts and that guy that runs and picks up the kickoff tee for rock

SBXVII 09-25-2009 03:04 PM

Here's some more interesting news for you. I always hate to start threads so if anyone wants to they can although it does not sound serious. I just hope it's not a lingering injury.....

[url=http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/redskins-confidential/Portis-questionable-with-bone-spurs-61477467.html]Portis questionable with bone spurs | Washington Examiner[/url]

dmvskinzfan08 09-25-2009 04:13 PM

[quote=SBXVII;595379]Here's some more interesting news for you. I always hate to start threads so if anyone wants to they can although it does not sound serious. I just hope it's not a lingering injury.....

[URL="http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/redskins-confidential/Portis-questionable-with-bone-spurs-61477467.html"]Portis questionable with bone spurs | Washington Examiner[/URL][/quote]

I am going to stay away from this before I get ganged up on..lol. Not. But this shows you the importance of having a 3rd RB. This injury shouldn't be that serious. I think he will just be on a heavy dose of pain killers. That being said. If this causes him to have less carries and Betts more carries I can't be that optimistic about our running game. According to Rock, Alridge will be active and Mason deactivated. Has anyone heard if Zorn has confirmed this?

skinsnut 09-25-2009 06:42 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;595409]I can't be that optimistic about our running game. According to Rock, Alridge will be active and Mason deactivated. [/quote]

Well...if Portis is limited....we could have 3 great opportunities against the Lions.

1. See some Alridge in real life situations...and possibly a good deal of him
2. Rinehart...a given already
3. Forces the passing game....this may force Zorn and Campbell to actually throw more to the young WRs...

What does that all have in common?
A ton of youth.
Odds are ....at least one of these guys will have a breakout game...and quite possibly gain some passing MOJO.

You know...when you are totally dependant on the run game and portis...you tend to lean on it rather than go bombs away...if that is limited...it forces you out of the comfort zone...I sure hope we get these young guys jammin!

skinsfan_nn 09-26-2009 07:20 PM

Apparently AA will suit up tomorrow, so it appears. He damn sure better learn how to hold on to the football.

[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/alridge-returns-hopes-fumbles.html#more]Redskins Insider - Alridge Returns, Hopes Fumbles Do Not[/url]

dmvskinzfan08 09-26-2009 09:38 PM

I made a comment earlier in the thread about it being the coaches call to announce if a player is active or not. Regardless if a player is asked or not. He should not divulge such information unless it's okay with the coach. Reason being he could be our surprise and Detroit would not go back to our preseason tape and possibly game plan for him. Thus my beef with Rock spilling the beans. Zorn hasn't even announce it yet. I take that from the article posted above. This being released through this article unofficially today on the final day of practice is different than it being announce earlier in the week.

[I]After practice on Friday, Coach Jim Zorn [B]would not commit to Alridge being active[/B] against the Lions, but Alridge was told he would play.[/I]

CRedskinsRule 09-26-2009 09:42 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;595650]I made a comment earlier in the thread about it being the coaches call to announce if a player is active or not. Regardless if a player is asked or not. He should not divulge such information unless it's okay with the coach. Reason being he could be our surprise and Detroit would not go back to our preseason tape and possibly game plan for him. Thus my beef with Rock spilling the beans. Zorn hasn't even announce it yet. I take that from the article posted above. This being released through this article unofficially today on the final day of practice is different than it being announce earlier in the week.

[I]After practice on Friday, Coach Jim Zorn [B]would not commit to Alridge being active[/B] against the Lions, but Alridge was told he would play.[/I][/quote]

For what it's worth, on Zorn's TV show, he said that Aldridge would dress for the game.